Taints Are Just Embarrasing Thenselves Lol

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are like what 2 mil under the cap(Byrd) and interviewng someone they know good and well they have ZERO chance at signing. So pathetic and desperate. No doub in my mind the Falcons EASILY win the division next year.

Stupid question for you or anybody else. When do teams have to be below the salary cap? Can you sign someone and go over the cap and fix it later? Or you can't sign someone that will put you over the cap during the offseason?

A team can get anyone they want if they want him badly enough, and to be honest, Byrd and Vaccaro would be a serious duo. They still have ways to trim the money if they want. It would be f'ing stupid to do so given their present cap situation, but it is the Saints, and it would **** their future up even more, so I wish them the best of luck in landing him.

Stupid question for you or anybody else. When do teams have to be below the salary cap? Can you sign someone and go over the cap and fix it later? Or you can't sign someone that will put you over the cap during the offseason?

No, a team can't sign a player and choose to go over the cap. So it's not possible to sign a player and "fix it" later down the road. The Taints wish it was that easy.

You had to be below the cap by 4 PM ET today.

If you're over the cap there's a penalty. I think they adjust your cap space based on how much you went over.

If it's serious they take away picks.

I believe all contracts have to be approved by the league so if the contract violates the cap space the league doesn't approve it.

Loomis does some crazy stuff with the cap. Every year they are over up, but still sign a couple of decent guys like K. Lewis last season. Granted he wanted to be there, but they have signed others too.

This year they are royally screwed. Already gutted their team and still only 2 mil under the cap lol. Not to mention the upcoming Graham fight, which if he ends up winning WR tag, will cripple them even more. The chances Byrd sighs there is 0%. It is so fun watching them burn in cap **** hehe.

Edited by SaintsBountyBowlChamps

Loomis does some crazy stuff with the cap. Every year they are over up, but still sign a couple of decent guys like K. Lewis last season. Granted he wanted to be there, but they have signed others too.

Do you think a guy like Loomis.............and that cesspool he works for................play by the rules ??

They don't keep TWO sets of books..........they probably have 2 sets for every month of the season. LOL

I believe the next time the Saints need to be under the cap is before the draft. They have to set aside at 5 million for those players. Even if they somehow made the cap hit in the first year 3-4 million they would need to restructure or cut a couple more vets. I guess they are just piling up their cap until right about when Brees retires so they keep his window open for as long as possible.

Contrary to popular belief nfl teams can always find money. The cap is going to continue to rise, contracts can be backloaded .

If they want him bad enough he will be a taint.

I really don't get why we aren't trying to get him

Because there comes a point where a player, even if he's the best at his position, isn't worth the asking price

Honestly I think this is a tactic by Byrd's agent. All day teams have been turning down his client's asking price and signing cheaper alternatives. No doubt this visit was leaked by the agent to try and rekindle interest in Bryd before he has to suck it up and lower his price. However there is a way for the Saints to afford him. Brees has already collected all of his guaranteed money from his monster contract. Theoretically they could do what the Cowboys did with Romo and free up 10-12 million. Of course that will just add to their future cap problems but they are in a win now mode

Honestly I think this is a tactic by Byrd's agent. All day teams have been turning down his client's asking price and signing cheaper alternatives. No doubt this visit was leaked by the agent to try and rekindle interest in Bryd before he has to suck it up and lower his price. However there is a way for the Saints to afford him. Brees has already collected all of his guaranteed money from his monster contract. Theoretically they could do what the Cowboys did with Romo and free up 10-12 million. Of course that will just add to their future cap problems but they are in a win now mode

Yeah. I've been saying this to a couple of saints fans that I know. "You guys better win another one (bounty free) in the next 3 years because when brees is gone, you guys are screwed!!!"