Khalil Mack

Mike Kenn

I just dont see it....

Gets attacked by Baylor all day long. Consistently struggles shedding blocks and making tackles.

Another game where a "top 5 pick" playing for on a MAC defense is nowhere to be seen

He looks pretty good against UMass though, Ill give him that....

Seriously? The spread offense is sucessful in college for a reason. Mack is boss but the spread is great at exposing inferior competition. Baylor rarely held the ball longer than two secs after the ball was hiked. The QB never had more than one read on his plays. Their style of play pretty much attacked/contained Mack.

Edited by Macintez

Seriously? The spread offense is sucessful in college for a reason. Mack is boss but the spread is great at exposing inferior competition. Baylor rarely held the ball longer than two secs after the ball was hiked. The QB never had more than one read on his plays. Their style of play pretty much attacked/contained Mack.

Dude blockers came right at him and drove him back as runners went right by him.

Yeah, but with what I'm saying is that I feel like after watching the film I think Barr is the better OLB. I see problems in Macks game that I think people are ignoring because of other big plays he has made. And yeah, Robinson and Clowney are better than both of them, but I was looking at the OLB's

Barr can only speed rush and gets walled off constantly.

He will not be a top 10 pick.

Barr is better than Mack

According to no one

Some people on this board like Mack while some don't but in no way can anybody say that Barr is better than Mack.

Especially not at this point in time. Could Barr be in the future? Sure, but he has to be drafted by a team that can really develop him and it will take some time.

Just this

Barr = Gholston

I think it's the cool thing to like Mack and hate Clowney

People want to go against the grain, so that they can one day hope to say "I told you so"

I don't think we'd be in a position to get either one, and I honestly am fine with it. I think we either stay at 6 and take Matthews, or we trade down & grab someone like Ebron, Lewan, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, or Mosley

Dude blockers came right at him and drove him back as runners went right by him.

Baylor had the best offense in college football that year and their O-line was solid opening holes in the run game. As good as Mack is at taking on blockers the linemen in front of him did a terrible job. If you allow the guards/tackles get to the second level then it allows for big plays in the run game which opens the pass. His talent can't make up for the inability of the entire defense.

I think it's the cool thing to like Mack and hate Clowney

People want to go against the grain, so that they can one day hope to say "I told you so"

Being impressed with 3 sacks on the season is more in line with "going against the grain" than not being impressed with it.

I just dont see it....

Gets attacked by Baylor all day long. Consistently struggles shedding blocks and making tackles.

Another game where a "top 5 pick" playing for on a MAC defense is nowhere to be seen

He looks pretty good against UMass though, Ill give him that....

You should take off your hater glasses and rewatch the SDSU game.

the first time I watched it I was looking at it through my 'football fan on game day' glasses; the second time I watched it I realized he was much better than I had thought the first time.

I had to do the same thing with Ryan Shazier over some time... and he too does still have some holes in his game, like Mack and anyone else, but I realized he is much better than I was giving him credit for. AND the potential to get better is there; undeniably. the drive to get better, and play better is also there.

LOL you picked a game against Baylor where the entire offense's focus was on stopping him from making plays. They lost like 100-0, that is not his fault. That bowl game was the worst he has played. You assessments based off that game alone make sense. But there is plenty more tape of him available which you conveniently did not post, because he dominated in every other game. One bad game does not make him a bad player. There are many more games where Clowney disappears completely. Nice try tho.

Edited by RedTUS12

LOL you picked a game against Baylor where the entire offense's focus was on stopping him from making plays. They lost like 100-0, that is not his fault. That bowl game was the worst he has played. You assessments based off that game alone make sense. But there is plenty more tape of him available which you conveniently did not post, because he dominated in every other game. One bad game does not make him a bad player. There are many more games where Clowney disappears completely. Nice try tho.

All Im saying is that he isnt worth a 6th overall pick. Jake Matthews is

As a fan of Barr, I can objectively say Mack is more skilled. The advantage Mack has is solely based upon a significant edge in experience. Mack has more refined pass rush moves because he's been at it more than twice as long. At the end of the day however, Mack can't even approach Barr's ceiling.

And if you're a Mack fan you've gotta be troubled by Mack being dominated by Baylor's line. Yes he got busy against Ohio State, after they were up 23 pts, but was invisible in his other showcase game.