To The Board Elders And Decent Amongst Us. Googlebots Hate Speech.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as independent as it gets. Being right of Liberal (especially on this board) is not a conservative.

I'm probably the only person on this board that hasn't voted for the same political party two times in a row.

Two things:

1) Independent does not mean moderate. I, for example, am independent but I do not consider myself moderate.

2) Your rhetoric on this board makes it blatantly obvious you're conservative. Stop beating around the bush.

Everything is political. Why else would people here like Google Bot yet hate Diesel? Why is Acworth, a completely political poster liked, but Diesel is not? The hyposcrisy is rampant. You and others choose who you like and support by their political views, period. As far as the other, I always stop debating in a thread when others have resorted to insults or accusations. I will not have discussions in such a manner.

Now, I would hardly call myself a politically exclusive poster. Now, be honest, besides being more political than some might wish, do you find me rude, obonoxious, or a jerk. Have I ever resorted to vile insults and name calling, except for the one above where my patience ran out. Do I post maliciously? Common sense would say I do not agree with many comments here, do I purposely try to personally attack the poster because of that.

Exactly, what kind of posters are people here looking for? Posters who can stay respectful and civil even in disagreement or is it obnoxious jerks you agree with?

No, everything is not political. FFS you're not listening to me. I don't pick and choose who I "like" here based on their politics, I pick and choose based on their contributions.

I used to get into with Actworth years ago. Now I like having discussions with him. There are several here, who you would refer to as "good conservatives" that I think are great posters.

1. Actworth will admit when he's wrong and consider alternative view points. I've NEVER seen snake admit he was wrong, or concede that maybe the other side was right.

2. If you guys are going to truly claim Doozer, yachtsman, terryowens81, etc . . . as fellow conservatives you need to acknowledge those three especially throw around personal insults like chimps flinging poop. Also, you just recently called "liberals" whiney and bitchy in direct response to our posts in your thread. So yeah.

I am not claiming anyone. How many times do I post in their threads? I am defending them against the pack mentality here. There is a group of posters who cluster in threads when something is said they do not like, and gang up on the poster with insults and accusations. It is a bullying tactic.

It's a shame that people can't follow your lead of rational arguments instead of insults and emotional arguments. I mean, just take the following as a pillar of what rational argumentation looks like...

Let me get this straight, the word liberal is an insult. I did not even use the term in a personal attack. So my worst insult posted was the word liberal. Really, am I that bad?

Why are you people scared of that word. I mean, you believe in what you say, right? And what you espouse here is aligned more with those on the left and liberals, right? Then why be insulted. Why deny it? It is almost like your ashamed. When people use the term conservative here, nobody gets all defensive about it.

Edited by AREA 51

I am not claiming anyone. How many times do I post in their threads? I am defending them against the pack mentality here. There is a group of posters who cluster in threads when something is said they do not like, and gang up on the poster with insults and accusations. It is a bullying tactic.

Let me get this straight, the word liberal is an insult. I did not even use the term in a personal attack. So my worst insult posted was the word liberal. Really, am I that bad?

Why are you people scared of that word. I mean, you believe in what you say, right? And what you espouse here is aligned more with those on the left and liberals, right? Then why be insulted. Why deny it? It is almost like your ashamed. When people use the term conservative here, nobody gets all defensive about it.

I don't think liberal is an insult, but several on the far right here do and hurl it about daily. I think it's hilarious when they call me liberal because it couldn't be further from the truth.

There is a pack mentality amongst a certain group of the far right here. Disagree with them - you must be a liberal.

People deny it because their beliefs do not align with your narrow view of what those terms mean.

People gang up on people because of the poor reasoning in their posts, not because of their political beliefs, unless those political beliefs are founded on genuinely poor reasoning.

People deny it because their beliefs do not align with your narrow view of what those terms mean.

People gang up on people because of the poor reasoning in their posts, not because of their political beliefs, unless those political beliefs are founded on genuinely poor reasoning.

I take issue with anyone here, regardless of political beliefs, that constantly relies on hyperbole and gross over-generalizations and passes them off as fact.

There is a pack mentality amongst a certain group of the far right here. Disagree with them - you must be a liberal.

Where? Find me one liberal leaning thread, or a thread with liberal leaning comments, that had a cluster of conservative leaning posters attacking the poster all at once. Not debating, attacking. We do not do that. We are individuals, more conservative, but individuals. I have never seen the more conservative here gather for an attack. However, it would not take much work to find dozens of threads that have a cluster of left leaning posters hurling insults or making inane comments. Not debating, not refuting the point mind you, but just pure personal attacks.

Where? Find me one liberal leaning thread, or a thread with liberal leaning comments, that had a cluster of conservative leaning posters attacking the poster all at once. Not debating, attacking. We do not do that. We are individuals, more conservative, but individuals. I have never seen the more conservative here gather for an attack. However, it would not take much work to find dozens of threads that have a cluster of left leaning posters hurling insults or making inane comments. Not debating, not refuting the point mind you, but just pure personal attacks.

Like I said, the opposite is true.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3998637-about-all-of-those-obamacare-horror-stories-most-of-them-are-false/

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3999492-polls-millennials-tend-to-be-less-religious-patriotic-ajc/

There are two ways a left winger handles disagreement. One is to ignore the disagreement and the other is to only insult those with whom they disagree. Well, there is a third way and that's to just make up stuff out of thin air not involving facts to support their views.

Now, I ignore two posters here. Neither because of ideology. It's because they are two people who add nothing to any conversation... ever. I don't even know what their political ideology is, as they never exposed them self prior to me ignoring them.

I AM RACIST 51?

You got me to bite once, and I have had my fill, so save your bait.

By the way:

Internet troll

Web definitions

• In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response ...