I Would Cut Osi Without A Second Thought!

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

With Allen parting ways with the Vikes I would cut Osi and sign him. We need a veteran presence like Allen on our team. Osi was a vet but he was not feared by opponents. When was the last time Allen didn't have a double digit sack season, and when is the last time we had a player with double digit sacks?

Allen would be able to teach all the young guys we bring in to re-tool our DL. With the addition of Allen I would still go after Mack and Clowney as well. A dominant defense is more reliable to keep you in most games than a dominant offense.

This team just sh*t on John Abraham so Osi deserves zero loyalty.

Guest Negatorris

when was the last time Allen had to play next to Peters and Babs?

You say that as if they are bad DTs and we won't be adding more talent to our defense this offseason. Get real.

Guest facelessman07

I'd be down for a cheap 2 year deal. But TD better stop the whole "I'll just add another DE and that'll fix our defense" shyte. We need some better DT's too

Edited by facelessman07

You say that as if they are bad DTs and we won't be adding more talent to our defense this offseason. Get real.

No I say that in response to your "Allen has never had a bad season" comment. Its a lot easier to look good when you are playing next to the Williams boys for a decade. Dude is a **** of a player but Osi would have put up a lot more than 7.5 sacks if he played in Minnesota year in and year out

I am not expert on our Defensive scheme, BUT Osi and Allen would probably not play the same side. I think Allen would be more of a 5-tech DE, while Osi is suppose to be our every down LEO.

I am for cutting Osi, because I think Mack or even Van Noy would be a better option at LEO. Osi is not the player we thought he was when we signed him. At LEO, we need a guy who can rush the passer and fall back into coverage.

With Allen parting ways with the Vikes I would cut Osi and sign him. We need a veteran presence like Allen on our team. Osi was a vet but he was not feared by opponents. When was the last time Allen didn't have a double digit sack season, and when is the last time we had a player with double digit sacks?

Allen would be able to teach all the young guys we bring in to re-tool our DL. With the addition of Allen I would still go after Mack and Clowney as well. A dominant defense is more reliable to keep you in most games than a dominant offense.

This team just sh*t on John Abraham so Osi deserves zero loyalty.

John Abraham had double digit sacks 2 years ago.

Guest facelessman07

How bout we keep Osi, sign Allen, and draft Khalil Mack and see if can't fix this fcking problem called "a pass rush".

Include a few good DT's in there through draft or FA and a "pass rush" will be the least of our problems

Guest Negatorris

why? Because he only got 7.5 sacks on a team that got zero pressure from the DT position?

Wouldn't matter anyway if your edge rushers are blown off the line of scrimmage by the opposing tackles more often than not.