Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atlGM

_________Ran A 4.38 Forty

21 posts in this topic

Ryan Shazier OLB

This guy is crazy athletic im going to have go back and review his tape. He is only 230 lbs but if he can put in twn more pounds he may be worth a look.

Mayock says he's likely a 1'st rounder, not worth it for us.

Also he pulled his hamstring to run that fast, so... there's that.

I think he is a on the fringe right now but is more likely to go In this second.

If he can make an impact as an edge rusher from the linebacker position he could have some value. Lots of guys pull hammys running these fourties. I really just think it shows he has some excellent athleticism. This wasn't a draft shazier thread, I thought the time he put up was at least worth a little conversation

Shazier would be an interesting pick, depending on FA. Shazier has Bowman type potential to me. He just plays a position that is devalued. WLBs are out of style right now.

Heavy hitter with the ability to cover most TEs in the league from day 1. I'd love to have this guy, but I don't think we're in position to get him and we have bigger needs.

Was that his official time?

i was on nfl.com and mayock was reporting from ohio states pro day. So im guessing yea

I ran a 4.37 in a nightmare yesterday. True story. Had two wolves chasing me. WTF?

I'm pretty sure you could still run a 4.3...................if it were ages ago tongue.png.

It was at his pro day, so technically no, no it is not official, as everything at pro days are hand timed, and thus flawed.

Yep. Colleges seem to record some ridiculous 40 times. When high school kids are being recruited and first get on campus all the schools lie about the times their recruits run. Then they lie about them again when they test on campus every year. Yet somehow half these guys that run 4.3-4.4 forty times on campus end up running in the 4.6-4.7 ballpark at the combine.

If you were to look strictly at 40 times recorded by schools during recruiting, then NFL combines times, you would think that all the Division 1 speed and strength training programs are making their kids slower. I find the whole process entertaining.

Was that his official time?

4.48 is what i read if he were at the combine and it were "revised"..

Either way, dude is a play maker. He flies around the field like no other LB in this entire draft. Dude can straight thump. And he is not THAT undersized. He is 6'1 237. He could easily put on a few lbs and keep his athleticism.

Would love to have him or Van Noy here. The only question i'd have is what would we do with Spoon? He would have to be moved to SLB unless we felt that Shazier could do it

I'm pretty sure you could still run a 4.3...................if it were ages ago tongue.png.

I ran a 4.37 in a nightmare last night. True story. Had two wolves chasing me. WTF?

I ran a 4.37 in a nightmare last night. True story. Had two wolves chasing me. WTF?

I love it when the quote comes before the post. Was it editing? I stopped and was like, "What!?"

Let him compete w Bartu and move Spoon to SLB.

Would love to have someone with Lavante David ability on the weak side....ya know, what Spoon was supposed to be.

4.48 is what i read if he were at the combine and it were "revised"..

Either way, dude is a play maker. He flies around the field like no other LB in this entire draft. Dude can straight thump. And he is not THAT undersized. He is 6'1 237. He could easily put on a few lbs and keep his athleticism.

Would love to have him or Van Noy here. The only question i'd have is what would we do with Spoon? He would have to be moved to SLB unless we felt that Shazier could do it

I like Spoon but as much as he gets injured Shazier or Von Noy will get plenty of playing time.

Walterfootball

As I posted on twitter, Ryan Shazier will be credited with a 40-time in the low 4.4s. His hand time of 4.36s will be increased by most scouts .05s. Shazier hurt his hamstring in the forty and was done for the day. He weighed in at 237 pounds and scouts were more than pleased with the speed he ran and the heavier weight. I'm told he pushed it as much as he could coming off the sore hamstring he arrived at the combine with.

Ohio State LB Ryan Shazier clocked sub-4.4 forty times at the Buckeyes' Pro Day.

This is in addition to Shazier's highly explosive 42-inch vertical and 10-foot-10 broad jump at the Combine. Shazier is a tick over 6-foot-1 and 237 pounds with striking and coverage skills. He's a likely top-40 draft pick.

Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter Mar 7 - 11:52 AM