Can We All Take A Second...

..and appreciate that we have an owner and a FO that actually tries to win the Super Bowl.

Although we haven't won anything yet, I remember growing up watching Rankin Smith's Falcons and just being constantly bad. I know that TD doesn't always make the most brilliant moves in hindsight, but with all the smart contracts he's written on our players, he has put us in good cap position in spite of paying our QB big $$.

We have an owner who will stock the FO with smart football guys in order to help this team get better. He actually CARES about winning and puts us in the best possible situation to do so.

Again, I know we haven't won it all yet but for the first time in my lifetime that I can remember, Atlanta is a place where players like Tony Gonzalez don't mind coming to play for us. I have faith that one year very soon the luck required to win the SB is going to fall our way and we will hoist that Lombardi Trophy and we will be able to finally say that the Falcons are the world champions of professional football.

..and appreciate that we have an owner and a FO that actually tries to win the Super Bowl.

Although we haven't won anything yet, I remember growing up watching Rankin Smith's Falcons and just being constantly bad. I know that TD doesn't always make the most brilliant moves in hindsight, but with all the smart contracts he's written on our players, he has put us in good cap position in spite of paying our QB big $$.

We have an owner who will stock the FO with smart football guys in order to help this team get better. He actually CARES about winning and puts us in the best possible situation to do so.

Again, I know we haven't won it all yet but for the first time in my lifetime that I can remember, Atlanta is a place where players like Tony Gonzalez don't mind coming to play for us. I have faith that one year very soon the luck required to win the SB is going to fall our way and we will hoist that Lombardi Trophy and we will be able to finally say that the Falcons are the world champions of professional football.

Yep. Hopefully he can deliver soon, but it could be a heck of a lot worse.

Optimism at its best!

SInce TD has came to Atlanta we've been winning. A lot of these impatient fans on here don't get that. Which I get. We all want a **** Lombardi. I'd say since TD/Smitty/Ryan has taken over, we've had the best years in history, which is hard to believe if you read these boards. All I have to say is take that winning to the next level.

on the Gonzalez coming to Atlanta point... I wish he hadn't actually. I'm glad it was a place and team seen as worthy of coming to play by him but I'd rather the team had gone another direction personnel-wise these past few seasons.

Hindsight maybe? Im pretty sure you are saying this because we didn't get the job done in the playoffs. Whoever says they didn't want a HOF tight end when he can still play, they are lying.

It's refreshing to see a post like this, I have been a die hard fan since 1976 and seen more than my share of bad football. In the old days, the best you could hope for was a winning season every ten years or so. I don't really understand all the negative crap that's posted on here all the time maybe they are recent fans that don't remember the good old days.

on the Gonzalez coming to Atlanta point... I wish he hadn't actually. I'm glad it was a place and team seen as worthy of coming to play by him but I'd rather the team had gone another direction personnel-wise these past few seasons.

Your crazy if you think we would of been better off without Tony!!

Back in the Vick Era we were decent but no one I felt really feared us when they saw us on the schedule. Honestly with tampa's defense back then and allscott too. We were back and forth, never consistent. Even compare our 4-12 seasons. Back then the coach didnt even finish out the season. WHO the eff does that?? Who quits the NFL to go back to college?? Because the Falcons use to be a joke. Vick put people in the stands. Then TD MIke Matt and turner come along and BAM First throw from Matty a 60+ yard touchdown. The previous 5 season we led the NFL in winning % That means Brady manning brees and anyone else. we just dont have anything to show for it besides we coulda we shoulda. We need one last bump to get over the hump. sj39 seemed likea great addition, the line failed him but still injury has nothing to do with the line, dropping a game winner against our biggest rival jas nothing to do with the line. If this was 3-4 ago when we could of had him in the midst of his prime great. Same with Osi. We coulda kept abraham and been better off. So a few more great decision from TD. Hopefully a big name de plus clowney or robinson should boost the competition. I hope this is the year we can put it all together because we are running out of excuses.

We have all been spoiled the last 6 years. A lot of franchises only wished they could be us.

^^^^this

After one season, everybody wants to like act like fire this guy,fire that guy,trade the quarterback,etc....I'm like this....you want to be like the browns who hasn't gotten anything right for 15 years???? Always changing owners and the front office,always drafting quarterbacks who panned out.....

dumbest thing I've ever seen on here . We are one of a handful of teams to never win a superbowl . Spoiled the last six years ?? WE HAVE 1 PLAYOFF WIN IN THOSE 6 YEARS !!!! .. your post is mediocre in its finest .....

After 2004, it took us almost 9 years to win that 1 playoff game....I remember when we didn't have a playoff win,we were getting ridiculed by other fans day in and day out....jeez

Careful, folks will call you a Fan boy fir attempting to stop their complaining party.

Blank genuinely wants to win. Not a all owners do. Some folks only care about the revenue.

Let them call me what they will. I like to think of myself as an optimist with a little realism sprinkled in. The only thing I think I've really vehemently complained about is Thomas Decoud but lets be real.....who hasn't?

Hindsight maybe? Im pretty sure you are saying this because we didn't get the job done in the playoffs. Whoever says they didn't want a HOF tight end when he can still play, they are lying.

not really.

look at it this way; would you really want your team to trade away a good Rd 2 draft pick, for a player that already has 12 years of play in the NFL and is 32 years old, and will also cost you a kings' ransom in cap space every season he plays for you??

how many players are in the league right now that would be worthy of such a high price in trade?

and would it be worth it really?

my opinion is no now. and it was no in 2009.

yours may vary.

dumbest thing I've ever seen on here . We are one of a handful of teams to never win a superbowl . Spoiled the last six years ?? WE HAVE 1 PLAYOFF WIN IN THOSE 6 YEARS !!!! .. your post is mediocre in its finest .....

And you're a negative little minded troll whose every post is mediocre at best.

You are, of course, missing the point. If Blank had owned the Falcons from the beginning, they'd have a super bowl win by now, probably multiples. Smiths weren't called the Clampetts as a compliment.

Yeah, Blank has made mistakes, TD has, Smitty has, Ryan has, and so on down the line.

But, this is the best collection of owner, GM, HC and QB this team has ever had.

Blank will get us to the promised land, you never thought the Clampetts would.

And you're a negative little minded troll whose every post is mediocre at best.

You are, of course, missing the point. If Blank had owned the Falcons from the beginning, they'd have a super bowl win by now, probably multiples. Smiths weren't called the Clampetts as a compliment.

Yeah, Blank has made mistakes, TD has, Smitty has, Ryan has, and so on down the line.

But, this is the best collection of owner, GM, HC and QB this team has ever had.

Blank will get us to the promised land, you never thought the Clampetts would.

first of all , I'm not a troll . I'm a die hard falcon fan . But I'm not like you . I'm not HAPPY with only winning REGULAR season games , I'm not Happy with 1 playoff win in what your calling ' our greatest falcon era ever ' ( 1998 ??? ) . I want our team to compete with the big boys in big games (playoffs ) . Even though you would never admit it , we choke in EVERY big game we play in . And around the league , that's what we are known for . So continue to beat your chest over the back to back winning season crap , and keep thinking that all these teams wish to be like us because I guess that's what " homers " are suppose to do .

first of all , I'm not a troll . I'm a die hard falcon fan . But I'm not like you . I'm not HAPPY with only winning REGULAR season games , I'm not Happy with 1 playoff win in what your calling ' our greatest falcon era ever ' ( 1998 ??? ) . I want our team to compete with the big boys in big games (playoffs ) . Even though you would never admit it , we choke in EVERY big game we play in . And around the league , that's what we are known for . So continue to beat your chest over the back to back winning season crap , and keep thinking that all these teams wish to be like us because I guess that's what " homers " are suppose to do .

See thats my point. We aren't perfect but we are at least trying and for 30 years we weren't even trying. I have faith that the championship will come of course you are entitled to your opinion as well

Edited by AtlantaFanatic