Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Statick said:

This is one movie that I wish they hadn't made. This one is so far from the comics that it's not even funny. You can't have Venom without Spidey. This one is jumping the rails like that horrible Fantastic Four crapfest they put out.

Sony still doesn't get it, man.

I've hated almost every sony movie as of late. it's not the popular opinion with people I talk to but those X-Men movies weren't that great imo. the first 2 spidermans were good. sony has no clue how to properly make a movie

1 hour ago, Statick said:

This is one movie that I wish they hadn't made. This one is so far from the comics that it's not even funny. You can't have Venom without Spidey. This one is jumping the rails like that horrible Fantastic Four crapfest they put out.

Sony still doesn't get it, man.

I am willing to give a shot....the cast looks good.

Hopefully they at least make references to Spiderman

31 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am willing to give a shot....the cast looks good.

Hopefully they at least make references to Spiderman

The cast looks fine, it's the dang story that's silly. Venom works as a character because of Spider-Man, not in spite of him. They had better make a bunch of references to Spidey for this movie to standalone as a relevant vehicle because if they don't its going to go the way of Halle Berry's Catwoman.

This is like making a Lex Luthor movie without Superman.

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

The cast looks fine, it's the dang story that's silly. Venom works as a character because of Spider-Man, not in spite of him. They had better make a bunch of references to Spidey for this movie to standalone as a relevant vehicle because if they don't its going to go the way of Halle Berry's Catwoman.

Fair enough

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

The cast looks fine, it's the dang story that's silly. Venom works as a character because of Spider-Man, not in spite of him. They had better make a bunch of references to Spidey for this movie to be accepted as good because if they don't its going to go the way of Halle Berry's Catwoman.

There's precedence for Venom being separate from Spiderman in the comics. They became completely separated in the Spidey comic(s) before Venom got his own if I remember correctly. I think the movie will work. Here's a good Venom wiki: Venom (comics)

2 hours ago, biloxifalcon said:

There's precedence for Venom being separate from Spiderman in the comics. They became completely separated in the Spidey comic(s) before Venom got his own if I remember correctly. I think the movie will work. Here's a good Venom wiki: Venom (comics)

Believe me, I know there's a precedent for him being a separate character, it would be nice if they actually RAN with it instead of making up a totally different one than the comics. It was bad enough Spider-Man 3 changed the origin in order to introduce the character to begin with, but this one, well, it's not looking promising.

LOL. This movie reminded me of this. Totally changed his origin story.

6 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Yeah, I've seen a couple of fight scenes. They look intense. 

I saw a couple of guys I subscribe to on YouTube do a non spoiler review, and they said that the action in this movie was incredible. Unfortunately, the spoiler I saw was kind of a big one. Nothing will stop me from enjoying this movie though. 

10 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

Don't wait bro. You definitely don't want this getting spoiled for you. 

I wish I couldn’t. Tonight would have really been the best night. Everyone who we let babysit has **** planned for the next few weeks. If my 2 year old knew how to act in a theater it wouldn’t be an issue lol