Marvel Cinematic Universe

Yeah, it has to be Heimdall with the Soul Stone.  But that being said, that means there were 2 stones on Asgard. They specifically said in the mid-credit scene after Thor TDW, that they didn't want more than 1 stone in the same place. That's why they took the Reality Stone (Aether) to the Collector. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is believed (fan theory) that the core of the vibranium meteor that hit Wakanda held the soul gem. It's what gives the metal its special properties, as well as giving Black Panther his abilities.  

This is hinted when the rock is shown glowing in space and somewhat confirmed in the movie: 

1) The garden (flower) referencing the other-dimensional world of the soul gem from the comics.

2) T'Challa and Kilmonger were able to "talk" to their ancestors after drinking the potion. A soul vision.

Also, the inifinity war trailer shows an invasion of Wakanda. 

• Space- probably with Loki after Ragnorak
  • Time- Dr. Strange
  • Power- Nova Core
  • Mind- Vision
  • Reality- The Collector
  • Soul - Wakanda?

Finally... C'mon, how poetic is it for the SOUL stone to be in Africa... :slick:

Edited by Doozer

36 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It is believed (fan theory) that the core of the vibranium meteor that hit Wakanda held the soul gem. It's what gives the metal its special properties, as well as giving Black Panther his abilities.  

This is hinted when the rock is shown glowing in space and somewhat confirmed in the movie: 

1) The garden (flower) referencing the other-dimensional world of the soul gem from the comics.

2) T'Challa and Kilmonger were able to "talk" to their ancestors after drinking the potion. A soul vision.

• Time- Dr. Strange
  • Power- Nova Core
  • Mind- Vision
  • Reality- The Collector
  • Soul - Wakanda?

Finally... C'mon, how poetic is it for the SOUL stone to be in Africa... :slick:

Now that makes sense. Perhaps they don't even know they have the Soul Stone. They just think it's the vibranium. 

Setting aside how monumental the movie is for black culture and all the ramifications pertaining to that aspect, I thought Black Panther was solid, but clearly not on the same Tier as Avengers 1 or Guardians 1. Probably near the top of the 2nd tier. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the movie at all, it just didn't give me the same subjective experience I got from those other two movies. Still a great movie that everyone should see though.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:55 AM, sdogg said:

Now that makes sense. Perhaps they don't even know they have the Soul Stone. They just think it's the vibranium. 

Just thought about this.

Remember the ritual of when the Wakandians would strip or return the powers of the Black Panther?

It reminded me similar to how Star-Lord looked when he touched the power-stone. Their veins and coloration of their skin were similar.

It may be a weird observation, but just putting it out there.

6 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Just thought about this.

Remember the ritual of when the Wakandians would strip or return the powers of the Black Panther?

It reminded me similar to how Star-Lord looked when he touched the power-stone. Their veins and coloration of their skin were similar.

It may be a weird observation, but just putting it out there.

It sure does look similar. 

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Director Ryan Coogler said that Patriot came very close to being in the Black Panther movie. That would've been an interesting story-line.

Would have probably been something related to them repairing his spinal injury in Wakanda. Since he is suited up in the Infinity Wars trailer it's obvious that he got fixed up "somewhere."

6 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Been hearing many wanting Namor to show up in a Black Panther sequel for the Wakanda vs Atlantis war story-line.

That would be a cool thing to see. Especially since I don't think Marvel has gotten Namor's solo film rights back from Universal yet.

I don't know. I've been seeing the same but I wonder how they treat Man-Ape. Does he gain his powers somewhere in the next movie and attack in the end or do they compleely hold off until a third movie

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't know. I've been seeing the same but I wonder how they treat Man-Ape. Does he gain his powers somewhere in the next movie and attack in the end or do they compleely hold off until a third movie

I'm very interested in how they use Man-Ape as well.

I think Man-Ape is suppose to be in Infinity War. Maybe he gets his powers then and it sets up Black Panther 2?

On 2/23/2018 at 9:16 AM, Doozer said:

• Time- Dr. Strange
  • Power- Nova Core
  • Mind- Vision
  • Reality- The Collector
  • Soul - Wakanda?

The thing is. Hulk was in Wakanda.

wfprgurmfpbmlmpqsbxr

Hulk was on the ship with Heimdall. Heimdall could be in Wakanda with Hulk, which explains the battle happening in Wakanda. 

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Fox is reportedly developing a Silver Surfer solo film. 

I wonder will it still be made once the Disney/Fox merger is official?

It would great if Disney/Marvel and Fox could work together on the project so we can see the Silver Surfer soon in the MCU once the deal is finalized.

just leave it alone fox. you've already ruined other franchises

In Spiderman Homecoming, we learned that Stark is the head of The Department of Damage Control. They are basically responsible for collecting alien tech from the Battle of NY in the first Avengers. That being said, what about collecting the Vibranium that Ultron used to keep Sakovia intact, while he raised it in the air? 

Is that what he uses to make his bleeding tech armour and the Iron Spider? Just curious if this gets mentioned in IW. Or did they mention it in Homecoming what happened to it?

Also, I'm seeing rumors of Spiderman having a cameo in Venom. That is leading some to speculate that Parker may come in contact with the symbiote in IW. 

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

In Spiderman Homecoming, we learned that Stark is the head of The Department of Damage Control. They are basically responsible for collecting alien tech from the Battle of NY in the first Avengers. That being said, what about collecting the Vabranium that Ultron used to keep Sakovia intact, while he raised it in the air? 

Is that what he uses to make his bleeding tech armour and the Iron Spider? Just curious if this gets mentioned in IW. Or did they mention it in Homecoming what happened to it?

Also, I'm seeing rumors of Spiderman having a cameo in Venom. That is leading some to speculate that Parker may come in contact with the symbiote in IW. 

If that rumor turns out to be true, does that mean that the MCU and Sony's Spiderverse are connected after all and Sony will help expand Spiderman's world within the MCU?

Another big question is who did Stark sell Avengers Tower to? Norman Osborne?

I feel A3 will be the "Empire Strikes Back" of the MCU. Meaning, the good guys will lose in the end and it will appear that there is no hope for them. 

I also feel that like in the ESB, we will have a "I'm your father" moment. No, I don't mean Thanos will tell Wanda or Black widow that he's their father.  But it will be a "I'm your father" type, shocking moment. 

Any theories?

Perhaps a character no one is talking about or anticipates appears?

I've seen some talk that the Skrulls may have already infiltrated Earth and may be one of our beloved characters. That would be interesting and set things up for Capt. Marvel to appear. 

Also a slim chance, though highly not expected  Charles Xavier makes an appearance. Those would be an "Im your father" moment.