Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

You ccertainly can...but the DC movies aside from Wonder Woman have severely under performed.

There is talk that the entire DC universe may be gone soon

Only the executives at Warner Bros are to blame for that mess. Meddling with the films that they know nothing about. Trying to rush it to compete with Marvel and overlooking quality over quantity.

BVS would've had a better reaction if they has stuck with the extended cut in the theater release.

I enjoyed JL honestly, but it could've been set up much better if they hadn't rushed the team up so soon. Also could've been a bit longer for more in-depth storytelling.

I think Flashpoint could reboot the DCEU a bit. That could be the plan.

Part 3 will be the Empire Strikes Back for MCU. The bad guys are going to destroy everything and win in the end. Then some how, some way, a miracle will happen in the 4th. What will that be? I know it probably won't happen (they have already begun filming the 4th) but it would be so epic if they got the rights to X-Men, Deadpool, SilverSurfer  and FF to finish it. 

7 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Yeah, I believe DC is going to have to do a reboot. They totally screwed up their franchise. 

Flashpoint could be the movie that can allow them to reboot without actually shutting down the DCEU and restarting it.

Also, fire the WB execs who keep meddling with the films.

7 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Part 3 will be the Empire Strikes Back for MCU. The bad guys are going to destroy everything and win in the end. Then some how, some way, a miracle will happen in the 4th. What will that be? I know it probably won't happen (they have already begun filming the 4th) but it would be so epic if they got the rights to X-Men, Deadpool, SilverSurfer  and FF to finish it. 

That would be great.

I would worry about Deadpool's effectiveness under the MCU's "family friendly" culture though.

24 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

That would be great.

I would worry about Deadpool's effectiveness under the MCU's "family friendly" culture though.

The only saving grace for that is....The Punisher

The last couple episodes of the punisher are extremely violent...especially for a Disney property.

41 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Flashpoint could be the movie that can allow them to reboot without actually shutting down the DCEU and restarting it.

Also, fire the WB execs who keep meddling with the films.

I know there’s rumors of the rogues being the villains but we better get reverse flash somewhere

On 11/29/2017 at 4:20 PM, falconsd56 said:

You ccertainly can...but the DC movies aside from Wonder Woman have severely under performed.

There is talk that the entire DC universe may be gone soon

It needs to be.  It’s a prime example of taking the “me too” approach without really putting in the work of what it takes to make a successsful franchise.

I haven’t seen JL yet. Wonder Woman was their best offering (I’m not including the Nolan Batman movies) and to me that was honestly just alright even though Gal Gadot was wonderful.

10 hours ago, AF89 said:

Not going to lie I know they've  been talking about how they were going to openly work the Gurdians into the rest of the continuity for years so you know it was coming but the end of that trailer gave me a boner

It was a perfect example of icing on the cake.  The trailer was dope and culminated with Cap running out with BP, War Machine, etc. and I’m like “Holy sh*t!”

Then Thor was like “Who the **** are you people?” and they pan to the Guardians and I literally said, “F*** Yea!”

I can't wait for 2018.

i hope part 2 is named infinite gauntlet and pure chaos takes place. This is marvels chance to right all of their villain wrongs with thanos. Not saying the marvel villains have been bad but they haven’t been spectacular either. Thor and captain America villains have been the standouts imo outside of Zemo

Even if Disney fails to strike a deal with Fox for their 21 Century Fox studio can they still get the rights to their Marvel properties back?

When Marvel sold the movie rights to their X-Men, F4, and Deadpool franchises didn't they put a no sale agreement in those deals?

If so, those rights will be voided and return back to Marvel whenever Fox sells off their studio properties no matter if Disney or another studio strikes a deal with Fox.

It is very possible because I doubt that Marvel would allow their creations and namesake to fall into just anyone's hands.

14 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even if Disney fails to strike a deal with Fox for their 21 Century Fox studio can they still get the rights to their Marvel properties back?

When Marvel sold the movie rights to their X-Men, F4, and Deadpool franchises didn't they put a no sale agreement in those deals?

If so, those rights will be voided and return back to Marvel whenever Fox sells off their studio properties no matter if Disney or another studio strikes a deal with Fox.

It is very possible because I doubt that Marvel would allow their creations and namesake to fall into just anyone's hands.

Didn't think about that, if it's true. So it's a win win for Disney/Marvel. 

I know this is about the MCU but there has been rumors out about Matt Reeves not wanting Ben Affleck as Batman in his solo film trilogy and is possibly recasting for the role. Reeves obviously wants a younger Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I think that could be the reason why Flash's solo movie Flashpoint has been moving forward in production much faster in recent months. They could easily explain why Bruce Wayne looks different in the story plot.

It's weird that one of the actors that Reeves has been rumored to be looking at is Jake Gyllenhaal. Seems like a better fit for the Joker than Bruce Wayne/Batman.

9 hours ago, sdogg said:

Disney officially buys Fox Studios. 

No doubt we will see X-Men and Avengers cross paths. Hopefully in A4. 

Welp, the unlikely is now reality.

So the only Marvel properties that are not owned by Disney are the Spiderverse(Sony), Hulk(Universal), and Namor(Universal as well I believe).

On 12/8/2017 at 2:09 PM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I know this is about the MCU but there has been rumors out about Matt Reeves not wanting Ben Affleck as Batman in his solo film trilogy and is possibly recasting for the role. Reeves obviously wants a younger Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I think that could be the reason why Flash's solo movie Flashpoint has been moving forward in production much faster in recent months. They could easily explain why Bruce Wayne looks different in the story plot.

It's weird that one of the actors that Reeves has been rumored to be looking at is Jake Gyllenhaal. Seems like a better fit for the Joker than Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Could be wrong but I think it's more of Affleck not really wanting to play Batman anymore

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Could be wrong but I think it's more of Affleck not really wanting to play Batman anymore

That actually seems more likely.

I know at one time Affleck wanted to co-produce, co-write, direct, and star in The Batman movie. It seems that he may have lost his enthusiasm for the project altogether now with all of the stuff that has gone on with him.