Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

Yeah, I'm glad fitz simmons is back.

Fitz is one of my favorite characters. Wasn't feeling him for most of this season's tho.

yeah I wasn't feeling him either. I liked how they pulled that off last night. I'm guessing that box is gonna come into play before or the episode right after the avengers drops

[Warning: This story contains spoilers from the April 7 episode of ABC's Agents of SHIELD.]

During Tuesday's Agents of SHIELD, Skye (Chloe Bennet) found herself in Láishì, a remote Inhuman settlement used to train those who are preparing or have undergone the Terrigenesis process. Skye quickly learns that each powered Inhuman is given a mentor to help guide their transformation and master their abilities.

In a shocking reveal, Skye’s counselor ends up being the Inhuman leader Jiaying (Dichen Lachman) — her mother whom everyone presumed was dead thanks to Hydra’s Daniel Whitehall (Reed Diamond). However, Jaiying doesn’t reveal the nature of their relationship when the two meet.

"Jaiying has thought of this moment her whole life. She’s trying to be a cautious leader and mother as she tries to feel things out in where Skye stands,” Bennet told The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s a smart political move on her end because she is the leader of the Inhumans.”

“It’s a huge emotional reveal,” added Agents of SHIELD executive producer Jeffrey Bell. “Jiayang is like her and shares a gifted ability. There will definitely be a natural attraction there.”

Jaiying possesses a special healing ability that stopped her from aging, allowing her to essentially be immortal. However, after being captured by Hydra’s Whitehall, Jaiying was murdered during his experiments in an attempt to acquire her immortality.

How then, is she alive? The scars that now cover Jaiying’s face tell the tale of her revival and that’s thanks to her husband Calvin (Kyle MacLachlan).

“He was the one who put her back,” Bell said. “He was the one who found her and stitched, sewed and put the parts back together so she could use her healing ability to come back.”

“Calvin’s known that she’s been alive, but she was upset with him for losing Skye. They looked and didn’t find her. As in real life, when a couple loses a child, they split in anger,” Bell added.

Bell warns that Calvin has since been driven by one thought: "If I can find my daughter, if I can reunite my family, my wife will forgive me for what happened 26 years ago and she will love me and we’ll be a happy family."

Skye now finds herself torn between two sets of parents. “We have May playing a maternal role as Skye’s supervising officer," Bell said. "Bringing in a different maternal figure will create a little parental triangle. We had this with Coulson and Calvin — the biological parents vs. the adopted parents.”

Bennet, for her part, previewed that Skye’s loyalty to the Inhumans and SHIELD will be tested. “It’s going to be the main struggle for her for the rest of the season and for Coulson. Skye is an Inhuman and a SHIELD agent and it will cause a lot of sticky situations for her. It’ll be interesting once she finds out Jaiying is her mom.”

As Bennet put it, this begs the question, “Who are you loyal to — your blood or to the people you have made to be your family?”

What did you think of the big reveal? Sound off in the comments below. Agents of SHIELD airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on ABC.

[Warning: This story contains spoilers from the April 7 episode of ABC's Agents of SHIELD.]

During Tuesday's Agents of SHIELD, Skye (Chloe Bennet) found herself in Láishì, a remote Inhuman settlement used to train those who are preparing or have undergone the Terrigenesis process. Skye quickly learns that each powered Inhuman is given a mentor to help guide their transformation and master their abilities.

In a shocking reveal, Skyes counselor ends up being the Inhuman leader Jiaying (Dichen Lachman) her mother whom everyone presumed was dead thanks to Hydras Daniel Whitehall (Reed Diamond). However, Jaiying doesnt reveal the nature of their relationship when the two meet.

"Jaiying has thought of this moment her whole life. Shes trying to be a cautious leader and mother as she tries to feel things out in where Skye stands, Bennet told The Hollywood Reporter. Its a smart political move on her end because she is the leader of the Inhumans.

Its a huge emotional reveal, added Agents of SHIELD executive producer Jeffrey Bell. Jiayang is like her and shares a gifted ability. There will definitely be a natural attraction there.

Jaiying possesses a special healing ability that stopped her from aging, allowing her to essentially be immortal. However, after being captured by Hydras Whitehall, Jaiying was murdered during his experiments in an attempt to acquire her immortality.

How then, is she alive? The scars that now cover Jaiyings face tell the tale of her revival and thats thanks to her husband Calvin (Kyle MacLachlan).

He was the one who put her back, Bell said. He was the one who found her and stitched, sewed and put the parts back together so she could use her healing ability to come back.

Calvins known that shes been alive, but she was upset with him for losing Skye. They looked and didnt find her. As in real life, when a couple loses a child, they split in anger, Bell added.

Bell warns that Calvin has since been driven by one thought: "If I can find my daughter, if I can reunite my family, my wife will forgive me for what happened 26 years ago and she will love me and well be a happy family."

Skye now finds herself torn between two sets of parents. We have May playing a maternal role as Skyes supervising officer," Bell said. "Bringing in a different maternal figure will create a little parental triangle. We had this with Coulson and Calvin the biological parents vs. the adopted parents.

Bennet, for her part, previewed that Skyes loyalty to the Inhumans and SHIELD will be tested. Its going to be the main struggle for her for the rest of the season and for Coulson. Skye is an Inhuman and a SHIELD agent and it will cause a lot of sticky situations for her. Itll be interesting once she finds out Jaiying is her mom.

As Bennet put it, this begs the question, Who are you loyal to your blood or to the people you have made to be your family?

What did you think of the big reveal? Sound off in the comments below. Agents of SHIELD airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on ABC.

saw the scars just didn't know who brought her back. Good info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpazy0BHzxY

Here is the final trailer

Some really cool stuff with Widow and Cappy's sheild!

A lot of people have speculated that Quicksilver may be dead by the scene in which the Avengers are fighting in a circle against Ultron's army. I watched the trailer with my boys tonight and the 12 year old said, "I saw Quicksilver in that fight." So, we backed it up and watched that scene again. Sure enough, he had noticed that there is a streak of blurry blue light on the left hand side of the frame during the fight.

Watch for yourselves... (around the 1:20 mark)

A lot of people have speculated that Quicksilver may be dead by the scene in which the Avengers are fighting in a circle against Ultron's army. I watched the trailer with my boys tonight and the 12 year old said, "I saw Quicksilver in that fight." So, we backed it up and watched that scene again. Sure enough, he had noticed that there is a streak of blurry blue light on the left hand side of the frame during the fight.

Watch for yourselves... (around the 1:20 mark)

it's strange people would expect him to die when he's supposed to be in civil war

Quick Silver makes me wonder how they define the Disney Marvel properties and the Fox Marvel properties. How can he be in both but not Mr. Fantastic or Xavier? It would be great to have them for Civil War.

as I understand, Marvel had to use him completely different than Fox did. Don't know full details though. It's stupid that the companies just don't work together but that's just fan rage

From what I've been reading on the Fox\Marvel character thing is that Marvel gets the rights back if Fox does not make "X" amount of movies in "N" amount of years. Reportedly Marvel has gotten the rights back to Daredevil and the Punisher.

Also, Marvel is killing off the FF4 comics\characters this year to prevent any more FF4 movies by Fox, thereby getting the rights to them back. I got that info from various sites so not posting links, just too many.

But even if marvel kills off F4, that don't mean Fox can't just keep making movies.

Right.........F4 is among the firsrt Marvel Comics. They have over 50 years of story lines to draw from.

Marvel is just trying to make it as hard for them to sell their product as possible. I doubt it will work...... for a few generations anyway.

Edited by Flip Wilson