Marvel Cinematic Universe

Just now, JayOzOne said:

Shang-Chi and Dune are at the top of my list. Covid's resurgence is particularly distressing because I want to see them both in the theater.

BTW: I like how much more they're making Abomination look like his comic version.

A Refresher Course on SHANG-CHI'S The Abomination - Nerdist

I'm cool on the theater with or without Covid 😂 

With the access I have I see no justifiable reason to pay that much to watch a movie anymore. 

I hope there's at least a flashback of Fin Fang Foom in the movie though. Always wanted to see it in live action

31 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm cool on the theater with or without Covid 😂 

With the access I have I see no justifiable reason to pay that much to watch a movie anymore. 

I hope there's at least a flashback of Fin Fang Foom in the movie though. Always wanted to see it in live action

I can't lie: I've been watching hella movies and TV shows on boot since the pandemic started and it's going to be a different world once streaming first-run movies is no longer an option. I guess the good news is that instead of having to wait months, movies in the future will regularly begin streaming within 45 days of opening.

13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I can't lie: I've been watching hella movies and TV shows on boot since the pandemic started and it's going to be a different world once streaming first-run movies is no longer an option. I guess the good news is that instead of having to wait months, movies in the future will regularly begin streaming within 45 days of opening.

That's the best news. I can't remember the movies but starting next year there's quite a few landing on Paramount+ soon after it leaves theater. Personally I'm fine with holding out. As you see I have no issue with spoilers 😂

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's the best news. I can't remember the movies but starting next year there's quite a few landing on Paramount+ soon after it leaves theater. Personally I'm fine with holding out. As you see I have no issue with spoilers 😂

Yup. Although it ticks me off when there are videos on YouTubes with spoilers in the titles. They do that ish on purpose. The day that a new movie or TV show comes out, there's always a bunch of videos with "Why Did Ryan Take The Super Soldier Serum In the Mid-Credits Scene Of *******" in the title. I typically watch the Disney+ shows the evening of the day they release and between Twitter and YT, they're spoiled most of the time.

They do that on purpose.

5 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

That explains the constant delays. I thought that I read it was supposed to be a theatrical-only release and was surprised when it showed up digitally.

4 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I remember reading that Disney+ numbers were similar to Theatrical, so I am sure she is gonna want a cut of that. 

The movie Actors don't get a cut of the Disney+ releases?

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

The movie Actors don't get a cut of the Disney+ releases?

I believe the contracts were only for the theatrical releases, because streaming services+DVDs are after theatrical precovid. But disney switched to a dual release and charged like a movie theatre, but probably didn't share that cut with her. Also, I think she was expecting the film to do much better. Wiki has it as 300+mil. Far from the 1+Bil that movies like Captain Marvel made. 

She kinda got screwed, since her film was suppose to come out much earlier and the pandemic. Character is killed, so she cannot recoup the losses with future money. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I see fans on twitter arguing about this lawsuit. My question is when in the world did she become a $50 million actress?

Probably the revenue from all of the MCU movies she's been in. No way she's getting paid 50 mil per film as a demanding price.

I think RDJ pocketed close to or over 200 mil throughout his MCU tenure.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Probably the revenue from all of the MCU movies she's been in.

I think RDJ pocketed close to or over 200 mil throughout his MCU tenure.

RDJ got paid massive amounts for his marvel roles, especially Avengers. 

I haven't looked at why she's suing, mostly because I don't really care too much,  but at quick glance it seems like they paid her half of what she was supposed to make. Apparently she was already paid $20-$25 million already and she wants the rest. I just found it odd that people are saying she was supposed to make around $50 million for the movie

I know some stars sign deals that net you a base salary + a portion of box office sales so I'm assuming that's the issue. Considering the Disney plus sales were pretty **** stellar, I can see where she feels she's owed money because that took away from box office sales.

Either way, how this ends is of no interest to me. The movie wasn't that great. The other characters felt more important than she did imo.