Marvel Cinematic Universe

2 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Thought it was fantastic. Hiddleston and Wilson make a great pairing, and both really dig into the parts. Annoyed I have to wait a week to see episode 2. 

I agree it's "different," but unlike WandaVision it doesn't feel like the conceit of Loki will wear thin at any point. Not to say I didn't love WandaVision all the way through. I did! Just that there's only so long you can go with the "surreal takes on classic sitcoms" approach with a show. Loki feels like it could have legs, which I guess is why it's already been renewed.

No doubt.

WandaVison was great for what it was but there could not be any staying power with it.

Even after 1 episode you can tell with Loki that there is alot more story to tell

With Spiderman No Way home supposedly a multiverse film and we know that Dr Strange is indeed a multiverse film....there are going to be alot of different avenues to take Loki in subsequent seasons.

Also Kang the Conqueror is going to be the villain for the third Antman movie.

So the  direction that a show like Loki can take is pretty limitless.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

One thing that I don't think that a lot of fans give the MCU enough credit for is just talented most of  the actors are.

Yeah we all know that they are big name "stars" but there are alot of "stars" who are terrible actors and get by on looks and charisma.

Most of the main MCU characters are just really really good at what they do.

The scene where Loki basically sees how his life story ends is just a great example of how freaking good Hiddleston is.

5 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Thought it was fantastic. Hiddleston and Wilson make a great pairing, and both really dig into the parts. Annoyed I have to wait a week to see episode 2. 

I agree it's "different," but unlike WandaVision it doesn't feel like the conceit of Loki will wear thin at any point. Not to say I didn't love WandaVision all the way through. I did! Just that there's only so long you can go with the "surreal takes on classic sitcoms" approach with a show. Loki feels like it could have legs, which I guess is why it's already been renewed.

To the extent WV was a mediation on grief, loss, and mental health, the sitcom trope as a mechanism to deal with mental health was a brilliant thing to do for one limited series, and one series only.  And it wasn't even the main focus of that series, it started to take a back seat plot-wise to what was going on inside of the Hex.  It hadn't really struck me before, but thinking just now, the chronological order of the sitcoms and their respective treatment of women's emotional and mental health (be a good housewife and make dinner and take care of husband in the 50's/60's, be more independent and deal with things in the 70's/80's, acceptance of women dealing with emotional/mental health in the 2000's) mirrored Wanda's journey with her mental health throughout the series.  She was able to progress as the show went on.

But, yeah, Loki seems more "straight forward," despite still being a completely insane time-bending mystery.  I DO think it's going to give plenty of room for 2012 Loki's character growth that he got to watch on screen in the opener, but it's not the same as the specific issue of Wanda's grief and depression following Vision's (two) deaths. So he can grapple with being the God of Mischief, trying to do good knowing his fate is to die at Thanos' hands helping the Avengers with his brother at his side having lost both their parents, and every emotion in between.

And we know based on the upcoming movies it's not gonna get neatly wrapped up with a bow on top. Time gone get ****** up.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

To the extent WV was a mediation on grief, loss, and mental health, the sitcom trope as a mechanism to deal with mental health was a brilliant thing to do for one limited series, and one series only.  And it wasn't even the main focus of that series, it started to take a back seat plot-wise to what was going on inside of the Hex.  It hadn't really struck me before, but thinking just now, the chronological order of the sitcoms and their respective treatment of women's emotional and mental health (be a good housewife and make dinner and take care of husband in the 50's/60's, be more independent and deal with things in the 70's/80's, acceptance of women dealing with emotional/mental health in the 2000's) mirrored Wanda's journey with her mental health throughout the series.  She was able to progress as the show went on.

But, yeah, Loki seems more "straight forward," despite still being a completely insane time-bending mystery.  I DO think it's going to give plenty of room for 2012 Loki's character growth that he got to watch on screen in the opener, but it's not the same as the specific issue of Wanda's grief and depression following Vision's (two) deaths. So he can grapple with being the God of Mischief, trying to do good knowing his fate is to die at Thanos' hands helping the Avengers with his brother at his side having lost both their parents, and every emotion in between.

And we know based on the upcoming movies it's not gonna get neatly wrapped up with a bow on top. Time gone get ****** up.

Everything was spot on.

The bolded part is an understatement.

Especially if this and DS 2 and Antman 3 all lead to the Battlefield storyline.....they could/should make that a 3 part series.

It is all going to be all sorts of bat **** crazy.....in the best way possible.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

One thing that I don't think that a lot of fans give the MCU enough credit for is just talented most of  the actors are.

Yeah we all know that they are big name "stars" but there are alot of "stars" who are terrible actors and get by on looks and charisma.

Most of the main MCU characters are just really really good at what they do.

The scene where Loki basically sees how his life story ends is just a great example of how freaking good Hiddleston is.

The scene where he realized his actions would lead directly to Frigga's death was fantastic. WandaVision launched a homerun with "what is grief" scene, F&TWS had perhaps the best TV scene this decade with the psychiatrist session in episode 1 and true to form, Hiddleston's reaction to the consequences of his action was on par with anything that we'll see this year.

4 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I'm bought in already. WV was quirky and after it got a little stale, it stuck the landing and has me eager for where it's leading. F&TWS started out great, had a couple of great episodes and a couple of bad ones and sadly, utterly failed to stick the landing. I'm hoping Loki will be more consistent than either of the other two. It's clear that Marvel is way ahead of the game with storytelling. The only questions are when and where we'll see some of the loose threads tied off.