Marvel Cinematic Universe

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

First episode of Loki was really cool. Like WV, much different (and way more weird) than your average superhero fare like falcon and winter soldier. 

Kinda reminds me a little of Leigon doing the 70s techpunk vibe although minus the creepy mental illness themes

25 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I thought the consensus was that he didn't die after people started pointing out the figure moving in the background after that scene. Come on twitter, make up your mind

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I thought the consensus was that he didn't die after people started pointing out the figure moving in the background after that scene. Come on twitter, make up your mind

It’s a joke about Owen Wilson’s line in the movie the Royal Tenenbaums. 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Also the Loki show is about the 2012 Loki that escapes with the Tesseract after the Endgame-Avengers’ botched time travel mission to come back and steal if. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Also the Loki show is about the 2012 Loki that escapes with the Tesseract after the Endgame-Avengers’ botched time travel mission to come back and steal if. 

Lol I know what the show is about. I follow all of this as much as anyone else here.  I was only joking around about the "maybe he is alive" part, hence me saying " come on twitter, make up your mind"

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Didn't Loki escape when the Avengers went back in time to get one of the stones during AV: Endgame?

Doesn't that have ramifications for the present and future, thus bringing Loki back from the dead?

So it looks as this Loki will have more of a mystery element, more similar to WV than F&WS.  I'll gladly discuss theories here, but I'm going to try to avoid seeking out fan theories and just enjoy the ride.  It looks like we're supposed to think that 2012 Loki time traveling caused the time rift that led to another Loki going back to late 1850's France and Oklahoma and murdering TVA agents, but we also saw Loki time travel that seemingly didn't cause a rift.  And I'm assuming all is not as it seems. 

It will be interesting to watch this Loki's character development, given that he technically missed his post-Avengers growth, yet saw snippets of it in the film room.

Lastly, there were A LOT of references to Doctor Strange too - multiverse wars, madness, etc . . . I assume this, along with the ending of WV, will help directly lead into that.  I also assume Loki and the TVA aren't going to fix things, leading more directly to DS2.

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Didn't Loki escape when the Avengers went back in time to get one of the stones during AV: Endgame?

Doesn't that have ramifications for the present and future, thus bringing Loki back from the dead?

I kinda liked Mobius calling out the continuity problem of Loki's character in the 1st Avengers compared to his larger arc like you ripped a guys eye out...not very mischievous sir

Thought it was fantastic. Hiddleston and Wilson make a great pairing, and both really dig into the parts. Annoyed I have to wait a week to see episode 2. 

I agree it's "different," but unlike WandaVision it doesn't feel like the conceit of Loki will wear thin at any point. Not to say I didn't love WandaVision all the way through. I did! Just that there's only so long you can go with the "surreal takes on classic sitcoms" approach with a show. Loki feels like it could have legs, which I guess is why it's already been renewed.