Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony doesn't understand the appeal of these characters. Fans have spent decades investing in these characters and Sony (and Fox) thinks that the appeal is in the names and costumes. The entire revolution that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby brought to comics was how they portrayed their protagonists as real people with the same problems most of us have. Sony doesn't understand; Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man, Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

Treating the unmasked characters as bridges between action sequences insults the people studios needs to make these movies successful. Kevin Feige is shrewd AF but above all, he's a comics nerd and that's why MCEU characters resonate. They're true to their origins. The only one that really flopped on screen was Thor and Taika Waititi's retcon fixed that. The Thor who's on screen in the last few movies is nothing like Thor in the comics but he works and definitely doesn't insult comics fans.

I have no intention of paying to see any of Sony's Spiderverse movies, including Venom.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Fans suck

"Marvel Reportedly Hesitant To Make Sharon Carter A Major Villain After Fan Backlash" https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-reportedly-hesitant-sharon-carter-major-villain-fan-backlash/amp/

Meh… making her a big villain would be weird. Also they are trying to shoehorn her into a role that Kingpin fits perfectly, when she is worse for that role in every possible way and Kingpin can tie in multiple fan favorite characters.

I’m good with them rewriting it. Sharon Carter is not a villain, let alone a big bad for a major MCU film. Having Sam and/or Bucky find out she’s really bad and try to take her down is super lame compared to the other Captain America movies. They can do a whole lot better and should imo

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Had been hearing that Namor was gonna be the Villain for a little while now. Not surprised because they teased it for a second or two in AV: Endgame during the scene where Black Widow was talking to Rhodey, Danvers, and Okoye.

Okoye mentioned she was looking into unusual movement in the ocean if I can remember.

Also, I thought Namor was Asian?

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Had been hearing that Namor was gonna be the Villain for a little while now. Not surprised because they teased it for a second or two in AV: Endgame during the scene where Black Widow was talking to Rhodey, Danvers, and Okoye.

Okoye mentioned she was looking into unusual movement in the ocean if I can remember.

Also, I thought Namor was Asian?

Let's not overthink it DON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!