Jump to content

Marvel Cinematic Universe


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Oh I stopped. I'm not going to make myself like anything. They aren't characters I relate to. Bucky and Sam on the other hand, I would cry if one died. As you said, to each their own

How far in did you make it before you stopped?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Padawan Knight said:

How far in did you make it before you stopped?

2 episodes. I know you're going to say it gets better after episode such and such.   I'm really just not a fan of the characters and trying to like it would really feel forced. I'm not that bored yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

2 episodes. I know you're going to say it gets better after episode such and such.   I'm really just not a fan of the characters and trying to like it would really feel forced. I'm not that bored yet. 

I am going to say it... Episode 7 is the real turning point. But, I'd recommend watching at least the first 4 before writing it off. I loved the series, but even I can admit the first two episodes were rough. They are not even close to indicative of the series as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

2 episodes. I know you're going to say it gets better after episode such and such.   I'm really just not a fan of the characters and trying to like it would really feel forced. I'm not that bored yet. 

If you're not hooked, you aren't going to be. Half of the buzz was the real-time interest in where the story was going from week to week. It became an event because everybody had theories and there was a lot of discussion about what was coming next. As it turned out, 90% of what people surmised was wrong. Much less interesting without the common anticipation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

2 episodes. I know you're going to say it gets better after episode such and such.   I'm really just not a fan of the characters and trying to like it would really feel forced. I'm not that bored yet. 

Well it does get better 😉

But I can see someone not liking the first couple episodes because they were so different that they could be considered weird.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah we didn’t really like the first few episodes of Wandavision either, but we kept watching and it really just kept getting better. The more it broke away from the weird sitcom themes the better it got. And I feel like it adds a lot seeing her progression from just Wanda with some powers she doesn’t really understand to becoming fully aware of her powers and role as the Scarlet Witch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm less interested in the movie than I am in reading the book that had Kraven taking out Venom.

Image

The only thing about Kraven that I like is his outfit. But for whatever reason, he's the one fans have been begging to see on screen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, biloxifalcon said:

I thought Marvel had everyone back except Spiderman. Now watch Sony screw this up!

I thought it was the entire Spider Man crew that they didn't have. I can't remember the details. I have no faith in Sony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a small portion of a wiki on Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters. It seems they own every character associated with Spiderman!!!

The Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (SPUMC) is a media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of superhero films produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel Entertainment. Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, the films are based on various Marvel Comics properties associated with the character Spider-Man.

Work on an expanded universe using supporting characters from the Spider-Man films began by December 2013. Sony planned to use The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) to launch several spin-off films focused on Spider-Man villains from the comics, including a Venom film. After the relative critical and financial failure of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, these plans were abandoned and in February 2015, Sony announced a deal to collaborate with Marvel Studios on future Spider-Man films and integrate the character into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). This relationship produced Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019), while Sony separately redeveloped Venom (2018) as a standalone film beginning its own universe. Sony and Marvel Studios renegotiated their deal in 2019 to share the Spider-Man character between the MCU and their standalone Marvel-based films.

Sony is developing a number of live-action films based on Marvel characters, with scheduled releases for Venom: Let There Be Carnage in 2021, Morbius in 2022, and Kraven the Hunter in 2023, along with several more films that are in various stages of development in addition to the next MCU Spider-Man film, Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). Sony Pictures Television is also developing several live-action television series set in the same shared universe as the films, beginning with Silk. Additionally, the studio released the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in 2018, which introduced the idea of a multiverse connecting multiple universes. The success of that film led to the development of a sequel, scheduled for 2022, and a spin-off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

This is a small portion of a wiki on Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters. It seems they own every character associated with Spiderman!!!

The Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (SPUMC) is a media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of superhero films produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel Entertainment. Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, the films are based on various Marvel Comics properties associated with the character Spider-Man.

Work on an expanded universe using supporting characters from the Spider-Man films began by December 2013. Sony planned to use The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) to launch several spin-off films focused on Spider-Man villains from the comics, including a Venom film. After the relative critical and financial failure of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, these plans were abandoned and in February 2015, Sony announced a deal to collaborate with Marvel Studios on future Spider-Man films and integrate the character into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). This relationship produced Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019), while Sony separately redeveloped Venom (2018) as a standalone film beginning its own universe. Sony and Marvel Studios renegotiated their deal in 2019 to share the Spider-Man character between the MCU and their standalone Marvel-based films.

Sony is developing a number of live-action films based on Marvel characters, with scheduled releases for Venom: Let There Be Carnage in 2021, Morbius in 2022, and Kraven the Hunter in 2023, along with several more films that are in various stages of development in addition to the next MCU Spider-Man film, Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). Sony Pictures Television is also developing several live-action television series set in the same shared universe as the films, beginning with Silk. Additionally, the studio released the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in 2018, which introduced the idea of a multiverse connecting multiple universes. The success of that film led to the development of a sequel, scheduled for 2022, and a spin-off.

 

Sucks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

5975ee051a00001c00dc033f.jpg?ops=1910_10

 

Yep, but Sony isn't smart at all with this.

 

They could actually make more overall splitting profits with Disney if the characters were in the MCU.

 

Disney would most likely let them continue to keep the full revenue from merchandising while splitting film profits 50/50.

 

Sony needs to realize that no one will care to see mediocre to just plain bad movies about Venom, Morbius, Kraven, and others past maybe seeing them 1 team for curiosity. While MCU movies will more than likely be viewed like Star Wars and Bond movies have been and continue to rake in big revenue for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Yep, but Sony isn't smart at all with this.

 

They could actually make more overall splitting profits with Disney if the characters were in the MCU.

 

Disney would most likely let them continue to keep the full revenue from merchandising while splitting film profits 50/50.

 

Sony needs to realize that no one will care to see mediocre to just plain bad movies about Venom, Morbius, Kraven, and others past maybe seeing them 1 team for curiosity. While MCU movies will more than likely be viewed like Star Wars and Bond movies have been and continue to rake in big revenue for years.

Sony being Sony. I can't watch their stuff. Fox either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...