Marvel Cinematic Universe

17 minutes ago, Carter said:

That’s currently the MCU movie I’m most looking forward to. Taika Waititi is a phenomenal director.

Guardians volume 3 is only slightly 2nd.

I'm geeked for Shang Chi, The Eternals and Doctor Strange. They seem to be the most out-of-the-box fantasy movies that Marvel has on deck.

33 minutes ago, Carter said:

That’s currently the MCU movie I’m most looking forward to. Taika Waititi is a phenomenal director.

Guardians volume 3 is only slightly 2nd.

Indeed.

The first Thor was pretty good.

The second thor was meh.....but low key one of the most important in the MCU imo 

The third one though was fantastic and it is because of Taika's vision.

And you got to give Hemsworth alot of credit for embracing the comedy the way he did.

Love and Thunder is highly anticipated!

24 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm geeked for Shang Chi, The Eternals and Doctor Strange. They seem to be the most out-of-the-box fantasy movies that Marvel has on deck.

Oh I’m all over those too, can’t wait! Shang Chi looking like an MCU twist on Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Very excited to see how that one turned out.

47 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

They are totally setting up season 2.

I liked the series.

It was not as creative as WandaVison but still a good solid Marvel property.

Now we get about a month to breath before Loki comes out.

It was much more straightforward than WandaVision. Had nearly as many dramatic moments as WV, though. Episode 6 wrapped up surprisingly neatly. There were a few flat moments and a couple of logic fails (like all MCU productions) but I thoroughly enjoyed it and will probably watch it again sometime later. I already rewatched three episodes and like each better with the second viewing.

I wonder how WandaVision would have landed if it was the second series? I think it worked out better by airing before F&TWS. Loki looks like it's going to be a fun show.

Really enjoyed the finale. John Walker still seems like a pointless character though. The writing for him was disjointed and lazy imo. Hopefully the next group of writers do a better job on him.

They did a pretty solid job legitimizing Sam as the new Captain America though. Excited to see where it goes.

And I’m totally getting a “that’s not really Sharon” vibe.

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

Really enjoyed the finale. John Walker still seems like a pointless character though. The writing for him was disjointed and lazy imo. Hopefully the next group of writers do a better job on him.

They did a pretty solid job legitimizing Sam as the new Captain America though. Excited to see where it goes.

And I’m totally getting a “that’s not really Sharon” vibe.

I actually liked John Walker until this episode. Thought he was a jerk but not somebody who thought he was a jerk. Something about his characterization was off, not from an acting standpoint but from how he was written. He seemed like he was there because the show needed a bad guy, not because the story needed THAT bad guy in order to be good.

Spoilery commentary below (drag over):

And then, the finale... How the **** did he pivot from head ***hole in charge to hero (or antihero) by the end? That alone almost sunk the finale for me. I don't want to see that guy smiling or enjoying a tender moment with his wife, let alone an apparent happy ending. He's a murderer. Although I like the 6-episode run, it sure feels like they could have used an extra episode to land the show. I thought Sam's monologue was heavy handed and didn't feel real. Who crept up on them with a microphone?

Anyway, I liked WandaVision more than Falcon & The Winter Soldier but enjoyed both shows a lot. The Isaiah Bradley storyline saved it for me. I'd pay to watch a show about his experience.

10 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I actually liked John Walker until this episode. Thought he was a jerk but not somebody who thought he was a jerk. Something about his characterization was off, not from an acting standpoint but from how he was written. He seemed like he was there because the show needed a bad guy, not because the story needed THAT bad guy in order to be good.

Spoilery commentary below (drag over):

And then, the finale... How the **** did he pivot from head ***hole in charge to hero (or antihero) by the end? That alone almost sunk the finale for me. I don't want to see that guy smiling or enjoying a tender moment with his wife, let alone an apparent happy ending. He's a murderer. Although I like the 6-episode run, it sure feels like they could have used an extra episode to land the show. I thought Sam's monologue was heavy handed and didn't feel real. Who crept up on them with a microphone?

Anyway, I liked WandaVision more than Falcon & The Winter Soldier but enjoyed both shows a lot. The Isaiah Bradley storyline saved it for me. I'd pay to watch a show about his experience.

I agree it was off that Walker showed up and was just embraced by everyone, and was also able to use the congressional hearing room as a changing room for his new costume. 

Sam exceeded my expectations as the new Captain America. The new suit is badass, though we didn’t hear if it’s made of vibranium and/or enhances him in any way. But great action sequences, especially throwing the shield while flying. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I agree it was off that Walker showed up and was just embraced by everyone, and was also able to use the congressional hearing room as a changing room for his new costume. 

Sam exceeded my expectations as the new Captain America. The new suit is badass, though we didn’t hear if it’s made of vibranium and/or enhances him in any way. But great action sequences, especially throwing the shield while flying. 

Wonder if Sam is thinking about Wakandan safeguards built into his tech. One missed payment and he might find himsefl walking to the fight.

But seriously, if his suit is made with vibranium, I wonder if Suri infused the technology that allows it to store energy that it withstands in order to enhance his own strength? That would give him a supersoldiery upgrade without changing his body.

Shawty being the Power Broker was so obvious. After they showed her making that phone call a few episodes ago, I immediately thought about the black dude who turned on SHIELD and was working with Hydra.

And it's still **** John Walker. I ain't bout to kiss his ***

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't know why but that one scene from a few episodes back just had red flags all over it for me man. That one and when she popped up at the lab 

Yep, those were definitely red flags.

As for John Walker, is he more of an anti-hero now? Don't know much about him in the comics after being Captain America.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Shawty being the Power Broker was so obvious. After they showed her making that phone call a few episodes ago, I immediately thought about the black dude who turned on SHIELD and was working with Hydra.

And it's still **** John Walker. I ain't bout to kiss his ***

On 4/23/2021 at 9:40 PM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

If that’s not Sharon, definitely setting up Secret Invasion. 

That’s my feeling about it. When she came out of disguise with the face changer it felt like foreshadowing to me. The power broker in the comics was never Sharon and in 60ish years of existence Sharon was never a villain. Clues pointing to her being the power broker were there from early on and enough to be suggestive... but also “obvious” enough to feel like misdirection.

Like 100% the Sharon we saw in this show is the power broker. But I don’t think that’s really Sharon. In fact I just saw an article reporting that the same person who leaked info about the new Captain America movie before it was announced, leaked info about Sharon specifically playing a significant role in Secret Invasion.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/sharon-carter-reportedly-return-spoilers/

50 minutes ago, Carter said:

That’s my feeling about it. When she came out of disguise with the face changer it felt like foreshadowing to me. The power broker in the comics was never Sharon and in 60ish years of existence Sharon was never a villain. Clues pointing to her being the power broker were there from early on and enough to be suggestive... but also “obvious” enough to feel like misdirection.

Like 100% the Sharon we saw in this show is the power broker. But I don’t think that’s really Sharon. In fact I just saw an article reporting that the same person who leaked info about the new Captain America movie before it was announced, leaked info about Sharon specifically playing a significant role in Secret Invasion.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/sharon-carter-reportedly-return-spoilers/

From what I understand about the Secret Invasion story from the comics, it makes sense the Skrulls would replace her as a government agent, and that they would then use her to try to build up things for the takeover. Which means they have the real Sharon Carter held hostage.

Agree she's definitely the Power Broker, but if that was the actual Sharon, her motivation seems lacking and nonsensical. 

The Skrull threat is a big enough deal that Fury is in space watching it.