Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

I'm the guy that put off watching so I could binge watch it all at once. I also stayed away from most of the spoilers, including this thread which had grown to about 30 pages of new content. Was pretty entertaining reading thru all the comments and wild theories.

I really enjoyed the series. Sets up many directions it can go heading into Doctor Strange 2. My initial thought is the twins calling out in the mid credits scene opens the door for Wanda to go searching for them, causing problems with the multiverse which causes Strange to have to come save the day. But does this cause Wanda to be a temporary antagonist, or is she simply an innocent tricked into doing something bad for the sake of her children - likely by Mephisto.  

On 3/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I still haven’t watched either of the Tom Holland MCU Spidey movies (I have seen chunks of Far From Home, just haven’t sat down and watched from start to finish). As part of my rediscovery/revisiting of the MCU, I think those are the next two movies I will watch. They both seem to be highly praised. 

Are the Ant Man movies worth watching? I love Paul Rudd, I know they helped set up his role in coming up with a way to undo the Snap in Endgame, but that character has just never done anything for me. Any reason to go back and watch them? I know a third one is coming out in Phase 4.

The Ant Man movies are definitely worth watching. They fit much more in the Guardians of the Galaxy comedic niche than most of the other Marvel fare, but definitely worth the watch.

Plus -- Evangeline Lilly...

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I'm the guy that put off watching so I could binge watch it all at once. I also stayed away from most of the spoilers, including this thread which had grown to about 30 pages of new content. Was pretty entertaining reading thru all the comments and wild theories.

I really enjoyed the series. Sets up many directions it can go heading into Doctor Strange 2. My initial thought is the twins calling out in the mid credits scene opens the door for Wanda to go searching for them, causing problems with the multiverse which causes Strange to have to come save the day. But does this cause Wanda to be a temporary antagonist, or is she simply an innocent tricked into doing something bad for the sake of her children - likely by Mephisto.  

The biggest takeaway from the series - which was genius, IMO - is that Marvel basically told the fans to sit back and enjoy the storytelling instead of thinking we know what's coming. Everybody (or most who were fans of the comics, anyway) thought there was a jaw-dropping big reveal coming and our jaws dropped when there was no big reveal. Some might be disappointed, but I think most are happy with how things played out. And excited for all the possibilities of what's coming.

The absolute best part of the shows was how it nailed the emotional aspects and showed how ****ed up she was in her grief. The looks on the faces of the townspeople at the end was stunning to me. She took her walk of shame like Cerce did in Game of Thrones, although nobody was throwing their old produce on her. The showrunner, director and writers room did an excellent job. My expectations for the next + shows is lowered because I can't see them packing as much into them as this show did.

The interesting thing is....we almost got a demon in the finale.

Apparently they shot a scene where Senor Scratchy transformed into a demon... possibly Nightmare!

But it was cut due covid throwing the product  schedule way off.

I think the Finale was good and it did alot to move phase 4 forward but I can't help but wonder how much better it would have been if that pay off took place 

I saw a few things about that. Personally, I'm glad they didn't go that way. It would have been kind of gratuitous and thrown in to get tongues wagging more than it to further the story/arc. The more I consider the finale, the more I like it just the way it turned out. The lead writer, Jac Schaeffer, said that the big bad in the series was actually grief all along and I like that idea.

Upcoming movies and TV

MCU Phase 4 movies:

• Black Widow | May 7th, 2021
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | July 9th, 2021
  • Eternals | November 5th, 2021
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17th, 2021
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness | March 25th, 2022
  • Thor: Love and Thunder | May 6th, 2022
  • Black Panther II | July 8th, 2022
  • Captain Marvel 2 | November 11th, 2022
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | 2023
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | 2023
  • Fantastic Four | TBD

MCU Phase 4 TV shows:

• The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | March 19th, 2021
  • Loki | June 11th, 2021
  • What If…? | Mid-2021
  • Ms. Marvel | Late 2021
  • Hawkeye | Late 2021
  • Moon Knight | 2022
  • She-Hulk | 2022
  • Secret Invasion | TBD
  • Ironheart | TBD
  • Armor Wars | TBD
  • Untitled Wakanda series | TBD

The Eternals and Shang-Chi are the two I'm most excited for and they're coming shortly after Black Widow. Hope they're good as I want them to be.

Can't imagine how they're still shooting Spider-Man and have a December release date. Doctor Strange and Black Panther seem to be on tight schedules as well.

3 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

The Eternals and Shang-Chi are the two I'm most excited for and they're coming shortly after Black Widow. Hope they're good as I want them to be.

Can't imagine how they're still shooting Spider-Man and have a December release date. Doctor Strange and Black Panther seem to be on tight schedules as well.

Dr Strange is currently being filmed. Elizabeth Olsen went straight from filming WandaVision to filming Dr Strange.

16 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Hmm... Wonder if there will be any reference to WandaVision in this series? Marvel will be missing a big opportunity if it doesn't cross-reference events of each series within successive shows.

That's odd given that FWS was supposed to come out before WV before covid.

17 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Hmm... Wonder if there will be any reference to WandaVision in this series? Marvel will be missing a big opportunity if it doesn't cross-reference events of each series within successive shows.

I actually hope there is no mention of WandaVision at all. I'm cool with movie references but I'd rather these shows stand on their own legs and have nothing to do with the other unless it's a cameo leading to something more important

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

That's odd given that FWS was supposed to come out before WV before covid.

Was thinking the same thing. Would have been odd to loop back to a prior event if they stayed with the original order.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I actually hope there is no mention of WandaVision at all. I'm cool with movie references but I'd rather these shows stand on their own legs and have nothing to do with the other unless it's a cameo leading to something more important

I wasn't meaning the events so much as the fallout. Nobody on the outside has any idea of what happened in Westview if Agent Jimmy Woo, Monica Rambeau or involved SWORD participants didn't tell them. But if there's been an increased level of superpowered individuals or events since WV, it'd be cool to allude to it if not call out the connection outright.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Was thinking the same thing. Would have been odd to loop back to a prior event if they stayed with the original order.

I've read that it's set in various places, including international locations, whereas WV was wholly set in Westview. I think they can either make a passing reference to it, or just ignore WV since it appears, at least to start, they'll be focused on fighting Zemo.  I'm hopeful that they targeted focus on the pair gives the characters a chance to grow and step out from the shadows as "Steve's friends."

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I wasn't meaning the events so much as the fallout. Nobody on the outside has any idea of what happened in Westview if Agent Jimmy Woo, Monica Rambeau or involved SWORD participants didn't tell them. But if there's been an increased level of superpowered individuals or events since WV, it'd be cool to allude to it if not call out the connection outright.

Gotta think about it. In the movies were they really just keeping up with what everyone else were doing. End Game was the first time we got a glimpse of something even close to that when Widow had all of them on the conference/video call. Outside of that one scene, they weren't keeping up, at least on scene.