Jump to content

Marvel Cinematic Universe


Recommended Posts

Question: In your opinion, would WandaVision have landed as well if it was the second show (after Falcon and the Winter Soldier)? Personally, I think this turned out as well as it did because it was first. It might have seemed too gimmicky if it came out somewhere down the line. Marvel got lucky having to push it up in the order of release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

After watching the series finale, I only have one question.

 

Is Vision actually alive now?

Yes. But I think he has his memory but not his emotional state*. I thought for a minute there, they'd merge Vision with White Vision and Wanda's guy would be able to exist outside the Hex.

*I think.**

**I think I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Yes. But I think he has his memory but not his emotional state. I thought for a minute there, they'd merge Hex Vision with White Vision and Wanda's guy would be able to exist outside the Hex. 

 

I was thinking that also.

 

But I also think this could still lead to the White Vision becoming a new physical host to Vision and causes an internal struggle between the two. Hayward's intentions for White Vision still isn't clear.

 

Could lead to the real Vision officially being reborn somehow through the multiverse.

 

.......or it might cause him to realize how much of a dangerous weapon he is and destroys himself.

 

Those are just some of the theories that I have based on how it ended.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we enjoyed the finale a lot. No disappointment here.

What’s going on with white vision is now a pretty interesting wrinkle. Also the only Doctor Strange reference I caught was Agatha mentioning that Wanda is more powerful than the sorcerer supreme. Maybe Mordo will be seeking her out. 🤔 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Carter said:

Well we enjoyed the finale a lot. No disappointment here.

What’s going on with white vision is now a pretty interesting wrinkle. Also the only Doctor Strange reference I caught was Agatha mentioning that Wanda is more powerful than the sorcerer supreme. Maybe Mordo will be seeking her out. 🤔 

Yeah...all kinds of possibilities.

I like the fact that Agetha was just put on a shelf rather than killed or something.

Katherine Hahn will be an asset moving forward in the mcu IMO.

Either as an ally or if a bad like Nightmare or mephisto needs an help...they can unlock her.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I was thinking that also.

 

But I also think this could still lead to the White Vision becoming a new physical host to Vision and causes an internal struggle between the two. Hayward's intentions for White Vision still isn't clear.

 

Could lead to the real Vision officially being reborn somehow through the multiverse.

 

.......or it might cause him to realize how much of a dangerous weapon he is and destroys himself.

 

Those are just some of the theories that I have based on how it ended.

Oh Heywards intention was pretty clear IMO...he wanted to Kill wanda and have his very own weapon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Carter said:

Well we enjoyed the finale a lot. No disappointment here.

What’s going on with white vision is now a pretty interesting wrinkle. Also the only Doctor Strange reference I caught was Agatha mentioning that Wanda is more powerful than the sorcerer supreme. Maybe Mordo will be seeking her out. 🤔 

 

It's possible.

 

Wouldn't be surprised if Loki and his show plays into Strange 2 as well.

 

Doesn't Loki eventually become Sorcerer Supreme for some time? Read something about it on the internet regarding a comic a few years ago. Maybe that storyline becomes MCU canon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Oh Heywards intention was pretty clear IMO...he wanted to Kill wanda and have his very own weapon.

 

But for exactly what though?

 

Was it exactly for himself? Was it for a bigger entity?

 

Is his plan really done despite getting arrested and his initial attempt with White Vision not being successful?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

But for exactly what though?

 

Was it exactly for himself? Was it for a bigger entity?

 

Is his plan really done despite getting arrested and his initial attempt with White Vision not being successful?

I think that he wanted his own vision.

That is why he lied about her taking his body

Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Monica going into space to meet one of her mother's old friends (Nick Fury)? If Fury is on the platform off-world, does that mean he's not working for SWORD? I mean, Hayward was SWORD's director. So if Fury had any idea of what was going on in Westview, wouldn't he have intervened?

And that mid-credit scene also points directly toward Secret Invasion, so there are at least two upcoming projects directly connected to the events in this show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda weird to think we were talking about how fake Pietro could bridge the Fox universe to MCU, but he apparently turned out to just be some random normie with no importance to the story who ultimately just served to be a bohner joke. I don’t really get how he had powers and then suddenly didn’t only to move the plot forward with Monica.

What a troll job. Got the Fox actor for quicksilver, had him dress up in OG character costume, then revealed him to just be a guy with a funny name and that’s it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carter said:

Also the only Doctor Strange reference I caught was Agatha mentioning that Wanda is more powerful than the sorcerer supreme

Wanda was using astral projection in the end credit scene like Doctor Strange to read about her powers, and she heard the boys, so they appear to exist in the multiverse. That was a yuge nod to Doctor Strange. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah...all kinds of possibilities.

I like the fact that Agetha was just put on a shelf rather than killed or something.

Katherine Hahn will be an asset moving forward in the mcu IMO.

Either as an ally or if a bad like Nightmare or mephisto needs an help...they can unlock her.

 

Agatha mentioned she could help Wanda, which might be used to turn her into an uneasy ally at some point, a bit like in the comics. 

Loved the Blade Runner Easter egg. 

Also not sure Fake Pietro is definitively just a schmo. His resolution was too weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Agatha mentioned she could help Wanda, which might be used to turn her into an uneasy ally at some point, a bit like in the comics. 

Loved the Blade Runner Easter egg. 

Also not sure Fake Pietro is definitively just a schmo. His resolution was too weird.

I was thinking the same thing.

It was one of the few things that I really questioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Carter said:

Kinda weird to think we were talking about how fake Pietro could bridge the Fox universe to MCU, but he apparently turned out to just be some random normie with no importance to the story who ultimately just served to be a bohner joke. I don’t really get how he had powers and then suddenly didn’t only to move the plot forward with Monica.

What a troll job. Got the Fox actor for quicksilver, had him dress up in OG character costume, then revealed him to just be a guy with a funny name and that’s it. 

I was thinking about this. It was a troll job but in a way, Marvel let the fans troll themselves all through this series. They had to be laughing at all of the people connecting dots. Some thought they painted the Mona Lisa, some thought they painted Starry Night, but actually they just painted some dogs playing poker. And it was straightfoward all along. We thought they were playing chess but they were playing checkers.

I have to believe they were worried if people would be upset with the payoff, which was fantastic but different than most speculated it would be.

4 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Agatha mentioned she could help Wanda, which might be used to turn her into an uneasy ally at some point, a bit like in the comics. 

Loved the Blade Runner Easter egg. 

Also not sure Fake Pietro is definitively just a schmo. His resolution was too weird.

I paused it as soon as I saw it. But what was "put the fun in dysfunctional" referencing? Nobody seems to know why that was on the marquee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Agatha mentioned she could help Wanda, which might be used to turn her into an uneasy ally at some point, a bit like in the comics. 

Loved the Blade Runner Easter egg. 

Also not sure Fake Pietro is definitively just a schmo. His resolution was too weird.

 

9 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

It was one of the few things that I really questioned.

 

4 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I was thinking about this. It was a troll job but in a way, Marvel let the fans troll themselves all through this series. They had to be laughing at all of the people connecting dots. Some thought they painted the Mona Lisa, some thought they painted Starry Night, but actually they just painted some dogs playing poker. And it was straightfoward all along. We thought they were playing chess but they were playing checkers.

I have to believe they were worried if people would be upset with the payoff, which was fantastic but different than most speculated it would be.

I paused it as soon as I saw it. But what was "put the fun in dysfunctional" referencing? Nobody seems to know why that was on the marquee. 

 

Didn't Monica Rambeau rip a purple necklace off fake Peitro's neck?

 

I think he was used to make Wanda relive the fondest memories of her brother, only to feel betrayed and relive the loss of her brother all over again.

 

Agatha's plan was to get Wanda into her most emotional state, which would maximize her powers and make her extemely dangerous. Making Wanda second guess herself and the reality of her dead brother would certainly do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...