Jump to content

Marvel Cinematic Universe


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Carter said:

For the record, Guardians of the Galaxy had the same effect. I was thoroughly impressed with that movie as I walked out of the theater. Felt like I had just seen my new favorite movie lol

Guardians of the Galaxy remains my favorite MCU movie hands down.  I grew up a much bigger Star Wars fan than I did super hero fan, and I'm an absolute sucker for movie soundtracks with oldies.  It was a perfect combination for me, just a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Carter said:

I still aint seen the first one lol

I'll be honest and admit that I don't know if I like the first one or not. It was entertaining but kind of toned down. I know Sony didn't want a hard R, but I sure did. I think I'll watch it again and see if I like it more or less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Guardians of the Galaxy remains my favorite MCU movie hands down.  I grew up a much bigger Star Wars fan than I did super hero fan, and I'm an absolute sucker for movie soundtracks with oldies.  It was a perfect combination for me, just a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Yep. I still put that soundtrack on from time to time. Good stuff.

Thor Ragnarok is also low key one of the best MCU films imo. Taika Waititi is a tremendous director and saved a very important character that was dying on the vine from unimaginative direction. I'm pretty excited to see Waititi's take on Star Wars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yep. I still put that soundtrack on from time to time. Good stuff.

Thor Ragnarok is also low key one of the best MCU films imo. Taika Waititi is a tremendous director and saved a very important character that was dying on the vine from unimaginative direction. I'm pretty excited to see Waititi's take on Star Wars.

Ragnarok was great. I love Waititi, if you haven’t seen it I can’t recommend JoJo Rabbit enough. One of the very best films I’ve seen in the past couple of years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yep. I still put that soundtrack on from time to time. Good stuff.

Thor Ragnarok is also low key one of the best MCU films imo. Taika Waititi is a tremendous director and saved a very important character that was dying on the vine from unimaginative direction. I'm pretty excited to see Waititi's take on Star Wars.

Ragnarok opening scene was goated

53 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

GOTG v2 was also very good.

Dave Bautista knocked that one out of the park....and he did it with just a sigh.

 

Haven't watched that one either

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I can't wait for the Wandavision finale tomorrow. I saw the director debunked the 10th episode rumor. Been chatter about folks being disappointed with what the finale is due to all the hype building around fan theory. Some of the theories have covered a lot of ground that the show ultimately didn't really explore, so I'm really just excited to see it personally.

Gonna be a lot of questions lingering for a while if it ties directly into DS2... and I mean we are getting a slew of other shows and multiple feature films in between now and then also. Gonna be a lot of Wandavision rewatches next year lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

GOTG v2 was also very good.

Dave Bautista knocked that one out of the park....and he did it with just a sigh.

 

Some of Drax's best lines are actually ad libs that Waititi loved so much, he left them in. For example: "Why is Gamora?" Too stupid to cut out.

40 minutes ago, Carter said:

Man I can't wait for the Wandavision finale tomorrow. I saw the director debunked the 10th episode rumor. Been chatter about folks being disappointed with what the finale is due to all the hype building around fan theory. Some of the theories have covered a lot of ground that the show ultimately didn't really explore, so I'm really just excited to see it personally.

Gonna be a lot of questions lingering for a while if it ties directly into DS2... and I mean we are getting a slew of other shows and multiple feature films in between now and then also. Gonna be a lot of Wandavision rewatches next year lol

WandaVision managed to both be smaller than fans wanted it to be and grander at the same time. Smaller because there was no Mephisto or Nightmare (that we know of) but grander because it opened up the MCU beyond where it was. And it was already working in cosmic/quantum/magical storylines. Anything is possible now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

GOTG v2 was also very good.

Dave Bautista knocked that one out of the park....and he did it with just a sigh.

 

I didn't like GOTG 2 on first watch. Really glad i gave it a rewatch recently because it's really good. Not sure what the **** my problem was the first time around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Carter said:

Man I can't wait for the Wandavision finale tomorrow. I saw the director debunked the 10th episode rumor. Been chatter about folks being disappointed with what the finale is due to all the hype building around fan theory. Some of the theories have covered a lot of ground that the show ultimately didn't really explore, so I'm really just excited to see it personally.

Gonna be a lot of questions lingering for a while if it ties directly into DS2... and I mean we are getting a slew of other shows and multiple feature films in between now and then also. Gonna be a lot of Wandavision rewatches next year lol

 

Yep. Talked about that before and it's bound to happen with a project like this. FTR, I very much enjoyed the finale.

 

On 2/16/2021 at 9:01 AM, The Monarch said:

 

I think this might be true, but honestly it has as much to do with us as them. As we can see from this thread (and countless articles/podcasts/youtube videos/tweets/etc.), fans now do so much speculating, so much sleuthing, that the end result is nearly always a bit of a letdown - either because you knew it was coming so it doesn't feel like a compelling reveal, or because it feels like a forced misdirection, etc. And the writers have to set it up in advance, knowing fans will be analyzing every minute detail. If they've done good world and story building, there will be some clues, but too much and it's a roadmap. That leads to completely compelling earlier episodes as we start to piece it all together, and maybe more disappointing episodes as we find out what we got right.

I honestly think that plagued the GoT team in a way that was really unfair to them. Trying to imagine having to plot out and and craft seasons under that kind of scrutiny, far enough in advance to allow for a massive, cinematic-scale production each week, but still under a cloud of secrecy. And Marvel is doing this in even more long-form style, setting up future movies, big-bads lying in the weeds for culminating events years down the line. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Monarch said:

I didn't like GOTG 2 on first watch. Really glad i gave it a rewatch recently because it's really good. Not sure what the **** my problem was the first time around.

Gunn hit literally every emotional button possible in that movie. Ridiculous action, crazy humor, suspense and sadness. It's easy to see why he returned after Disney fired him: He's in his wheelhouse. He's the main reason why I want to see Suicide Squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Carter said:

Yep. I still put that soundtrack on from time to time. Good stuff.

Thor Ragnarok is also low key one of the best MCU films imo. Taika Waititi is a tremendous director and saved a very important character that was dying on the vine from unimaginative direction. I'm pretty excited to see Waititi's take on Star Wars.

My 12 year old loves the soundtrack.  His grandparents are proud.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Fantastic episode.

It was a bit disappointing in the lack of some of the characters lack of appearances but overall it did a great job of putting a bow on this series while opening up more doors for the next couple phases.

I thought most importantly, it did justice to Wanda and Vision and to their emotional connection, which was really the driver of the show. Given that I was happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This show was so so well done...it makes me excited and nervous for the other shows.

Excited because been see the efforts made by Disney to make a fantastic show.....I can not see this being a one off.

Nervous because ...I am not sure that they will be able to have this kind of story telling again.

I think the real key is letting each show be its own thing. Loki, for example, shouldn't be anything like WandaVision. It all has to be under the umbrella of course, so there's only so much variation they can get away with, but if they get a talented crew and let them experiment - recognizing there will be misses along the way - they'll be just fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...