Jump to content

Marvel Cinematic Universe


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

This wouldn't surprise me, although I don't subscribe to any fan theory.

 

 

His comments suggest that the Hex will indeed come down, which will take recreated Vision away from Wanda (again). I’m 50/50 as to whether the twins are real or not. 

I did get invested in reading all of the fan theories, but I won’t mind if Mephisto or whoever doesn’t appear. I figure at very most there may be a very brief tease during the end credit scene to set up one of the upcoming movies, but that would be all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

His comments suggest that the Hex will indeed come down, which will take recreated Vision away from Wanda (again). I’m 50/50 as to whether the twins are real or not. 

I did get invested in reading all of the fan theories, but I won’t mind if Mephisto or whoever doesn’t appear. I figure at very most there may be a very brief tease during the end credit scene to set up one of the upcoming movies, but that would be all. 

Agreed.  This show should not have been the first Disney+ show and was originally slated to appear further out, closer to Spiderman and the New Dr. Strange.  COVID boogered that up, and the open ending will be more of a hole for many.  I hope for at least one little surprise.  The show has been a good one though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Ant Man movies were surprisingly good. 

And people may disagree with this but Tom Holland's Spider-Man has been the only good one imo. Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield flicks were generally enjoyable if you're a fan of the genre I guess but all were very meh and captured little of the depth or spirit of the characters.

I thought Homecoming and Far From Home were both far more faithful to the character and far more effective with actually building him from the ground up as a young man growing up and coming into his own. I think I liked FFH more than Homecoming, but I would rate them about the same as far as a grade. Both were excellent imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Both Ant Man movies were surprisingly good. 

And people may disagree with this but Tom Holland's Spider-Man has been the only good one imo. Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield flicks were generally enjoyable if you're a fan of the genre I guess but all were very meh and captured little of the depth or spirit of the characters.

I thought Homecoming and Far From Home were both far more faithful to the character and far more effective with actually building him from the ground up as a young man growing up and coming into his own. I think I liked FFH more than Homecoming, but I would rate them about the same as far as a grade. Both were excellent imo

I saw all three Raimi/Maguire Spidey flicks, and they still constantly play all three on the movie channels.  Agreed, all three super-meh, except for Dafoe who was absolutely perfect as Goblin. I haven't seen the Garfield flicks, only reason I would even consider would be for Emma Stone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I saw all three Raimi/Maguire Spidey flicks, and they still constantly play all three on the movie channels.  Agreed, all three super-meh, except for Dafoe who was absolutely perfect as Goblin. I haven't seen the Garfield flicks, only reason I would even consider would be for Emma Stone.

Yeah Dafoe was actually pretty great in that role.

I may be one of the few weirdos who enjoyed the two Garfield flicks more than the Raimi/Maguire flicks... but that's mostly because I always found the Raimi ones very lame other than a handful of moments.

Emma Stone was really good as Gwen I thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

I may be one of the few weirdos who enjoyed the two Garfield flicks more than the Raimi/Maguire flicks... but that's mostly because I always found the Raimi ones very lame other than a handful of moments.

I hate that because I love Sam Raimi, The Evil Dead trilogy, The Quick and The Dead, A Simple Plan are all classics, and Drag Me to HeIl is fun too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah Dafoe was actually pretty great in that role.

I may be one of the few weirdos who enjoyed the two Garfield flicks more than the Raimi/Maguire flicks... but that's mostly because I always found the Raimi ones very lame other than a handful of moments.

Emma Stone was really good as Gwen I thought.

I thought Garfield was a better Peter Parker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All that dam crying in Spider Man 3 killed the entire Trio 

Andrew was solid. 
 

Tom just fits the part. I may be bias because of his age and I prefer these characters to actually be on the younger side IRL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Both Ant Man movies were surprisingly good. 

And people may disagree with this but Tom Holland's Spider-Man has been the only good one imo. Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield flicks were generally enjoyable if you're a fan of the genre I guess but all were very meh and captured little of the depth or spirit of the characters.

I thought Homecoming and Far From Home were both far more faithful to the character and far more effective with actually building him from the ground up as a young man growing up and coming into his own. I think I liked FFH more than Homecoming, but I would rate them about the same as far as a grade. Both were excellent imo

 

Agreed. Tom Holland is easily my favorite Spiderman and Homecoming my favorite Spiderman movie.

 

 

 

Unless we're talking Into the Spider-Verse and Jake Johnson and Shameik Moore and Nicholas Cage and even John Mulaney. Because if we're talking about them, they're my favorite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Depends on how much they're paying lol

Yeah. There's an old story out there about how Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally signed to play the Predator until he realized his face wouldn't be on screen. Can you imagine how horrible that movie would have been had it been Commando vs the Universal Soldier in an action movie p!ssing contest instead of Butch vs the Yautja?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Hard to believe Christian Bale signed on to play a mo-cap character. Always thought he was an ego guy but maybe he's not.

 

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Depends on how much they're paying lol

 

I think Bale has matured a bit.

 

Heard he used to be a nightmare to deal with. Don't hear about anything of late about his recent on-set behavior, so that could be a big plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Equilibrium was the first movie I saw Christian Bale in. That’s probably the movie I think of first with him. Batman is a real close 2nd though. I actually didn’t really like American Psycho so I only ever really think of it when someone else mentions it or posts the gifs/memes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Carter said:

I think Equilibrium was the first movie I saw Christian Bale in. That’s probably the movie I think of first with him. Batman is a real close 2nd though. I actually didn’t really like American Psycho so I only ever really think of it when someone else mentions it or posts the gifs/memes

I LOVE EQUILIBRIUM.  An overlooked gem in my eyes.  The GunKata was cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

For some reason, when I think of Christian Bale, the first thing I think about is Empire Of The Sun, not Batman or American Psycho. The second thing that comes to mind is The Mechanic*.

Empire of the Sun (1987) - IMDb

*Edit: I meant The Machinist, which is much different. It had a graphic scene of a workplace accident in it that I used to show my employees during Lockout/Tagout training.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I LOVE EQUILIBRIUM.  An overlooked gem in my eyes.  The GunKata was cool.

That was a movie that seemed like it shouldn't work but wound up being bad***. Like an action-packed Gattaca.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

I LOVE EQUILIBRIUM.  An overlooked gem in my eyes.  The GunKata was cool.

It came out a little after The Matrix and I've always kinda held those two close together for some reason. The first time I saw it I had no idea what I was in for and I was blown away. Only a handful of films have made my jaw drop and say wow - Equilibrium is one of them.

For the record, Guardians of the Galaxy had the same effect. I was thoroughly impressed with that movie as I walked out of the theater. Felt like I had just seen my new favorite movie lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...