Marvel Cinematic Universe

5 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Wandavision has turned me from a casual fan into **** near a fanboy. Outstanding storytelling, character development, emotional content, mystery, suspense, action when needed, etc . . . This show has wildly exceeded any expectations I possibly had going into it. 

Her reaction to this line (and the timing of it) was the single most emotional moment of the series IMO. She's a helluva actress but I think she sold that silent moment as well as anyone could.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

13 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I know that it's a limited series, but do you think that there's secretly a season 2 on the horizon before Doctor Strange 2 releases in theaters?

I don’t want or need a S2 of Wandavision. I absolutely want more Wanda/Scarlet Witch content, and I’ve got to assume she’ll get a stand  alone movie based on the success of this, but keeping this a limited series is perfect.

We only got a glimpse of Wanda abd Vision’s relationship previously, and his death was necessary to end Phase 3. This show gave us more of that relationship, it set up Wanda to be one of the most powerful beings in this universe, it gave Monica (and Darcy?) powers, and it sets up a lot for Phase 4. 

I’ve got to assume Ghost Vision either causes Wanda to drop the hex or he beats her to the point where it collapses. There’s plenty of Wanda stories left to tell, but I don’t think there’s anymore Wandavision stories to tell. 

12 hours ago, Carter said:

Also the bit about Wandavision tying heavily into Doctor Strange 2 could have been some intentional misdirection. Maybe this builds up to an announcement about one of the unknown films in development and next week’s finale having broad implications on phase 4, not just DS2. Can’t wait to see lol

She's actually listed first in the credits on IMDB. Of course, that won't be the case when the movie arrives but it's clear she'll have a sizable part to play.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419884/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 

They could do an entire movie with the White Vision/Monica set up. I'd imagine White Vision and Vision are going to come to blows at some point. Hopefully, it's handled better than the Superman vs Zod finale in Man of Steel. I agree, a 90 minute finale can't do the series justice. Also, I'm clueless as to who will have the cameo.

By the way: For as excited as I am to see the finale, there's still a chance that they can fail to stick the landing. Hopefully, it's the best episode of the season though.

10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

It is not a misdirection so to speak

Wanda is going to be in Dr. Strange 2. That has already been confirmed.

But yeah...I have a feeling that the events of WandaVison are going to have an incredible impact on phase 4.

5 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

She's actually listed first in the credits on IMDB. Of course, that won't be the case when the movie arrives but it's clear she'll have a sizable part to play.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419884/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 

The idea I was trying to get at is by building the heavy tie in to DS2 before anyone saw Wandavision, it could create a different expectation for the actual story of Wandavision and the implications of the finale than what is actually delivered. This could very well be a lynchpin moment in the finale for the entire future of phase 4 and not just DS2 as was mentioned.

Misdirection in the sense I intended doesn’t mean that it doesn’t really have much to do with DS2. Obviously she’s going to be in DS2 and it will tie into that film significantly. Just that DS2 could actually be a smaller part in the grand scheme of Wandavision than they let on.

25 minutes ago, Carter said:

The idea I was trying to get at is by building the heavy tie in to DS2 before anyone saw Wandavision, it could create a different expectation for the actual story of Wandavision and the implications of the finale than what is actually delivered. This could very well be a lynchpin moment in the finale for the entire future of phase 4 and not just DS2 as was mentioned.

Misdirection in the sense I intended doesn’t mean that it doesn’t really have much to do with DS2. Obviously she’s going to be in DS2 and it will tie into that film significantly. Just that DS2 could actually be a smaller part in the grand scheme of Wandavision than they let on.

I see what you mean...makes sense

51 minutes ago, Carter said:

I see. And I'm inclined to agree. In fact, folks are speculating that when Paul Bettany said that he got a chance to perform with an actor that he wanted to work with for his whole life, he was talking about himself. Vision vs White Vision. 

That's misdirection of the highest level right there. There were so many suppositions that proved to be wrong in this series: Mephisto or Nightmare as the big bad. Introduction of mutants. Various cameos. And most of them proved to be incorrect. Feige must have been grinning like a Cheshire cat on Twitter, knowing that the leaks didn't spoil the show.

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I see. And I'm inclined to agree. In fact, folks are speculating that when Paul Bettany said that he got a chance to perform with an actor that he wanted to work with for his whole life, he was talking about himself. Vision vs White Vision. 

That's misdirection of the highest level right there. There were so many suppositions that proved to be wrong in this series: Mephisto or Nightmare as the big bad. Introduction of mutants. Various cameos. And most of them proved to be incorrect. Feige must have been grinning like a Cheshire cat on Twitter, knowing that the leaks didn't spoil the show.

With at least one episode to go (there are rumors of a secret 10th episode), it's hard to say how all of this will pan out. There's still room for a bigger bad to be introduced, or at least teased.

Also, there HAVE been a few obscure mutant references. So, they may have been "introduced", just not in the expected way.

10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I have a feeling that episode 9 is going to piss a lot of people off.

I don't think it's going to be a happy ending at all and the fact that it is leading into not one but two movies indicates that there's going to be a lot of loose ends still left untied

Personally, I hope it's not a happy ending. The last thing I want is for this to end up nicely packaged with a neat little bow on top.

Break things open. Smash some conceptions. Fling the gates wide open.

Essentially, the entirety of the Marvel universe is their playground now. Let's get messy!

8 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

Personally, I hope it's not a happy ending. The last thing I want is for this to end up nicely packaged with a neat little bow on top.

Essentially, the entirety of the Marvel universe is their playground now. Let's get messy!

I don't believe it can be anything less.  This series arguably leads into two or more MCU films, and several Disney+ shows.  This is setting the table for the multiverse, where AntMan is kicking off the Quantum Realm/time stories.  The Guardians and Captain Marvel holding space down and Wanda Vision and Dr. Strange nailing Magic and the Occult.  The MCU doing a soft reboot of Wanda, adding the Scarlet Witch to her opens up mutants and her reality bending powers.  Agatha had a nice line, talking about another of Wanda's quirks, her "probability hex."

8 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

There’s no happy ending to this story, while I know they will do things we can’t predict, I do think it’s fairly safe to assume the Hex gets taken down, which takes Vision away from Wanda, and possibly the twins. Wanda now has an enemy in Hayward and all of SWORD. She’s going to have to go on the run. 

I’ve come to appreciate studies of grief, loss, and depression in tv and films since HBO’s The Leftovers (not that it was the first treatment of those issues, but it was such a **** good show) and the MCU has done a really great job tackling those issues in a really heartfelt way, and Wandavision has been the next step as to that. 

Doesn't it seem like WandaVision is too intimate or small a story to kick off Phase 4 for all of the other movies/shows? Not just that it takes place in a small town but the story is about a grieving woman and not some grand plot or scheme. The only thing that even suggests a larger world than what happens in Westview is the inclusion of SWORD and Hayward. It's going to take some deft writing to expand what we're watching into the multi-verse in ~90 minutes.

37 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Doesn't it seem like WandaVision is too intimate or small a story to kick off Phase 4 for all of the other movies/shows? Not just that it takes place in a small town but the story is about a grieving woman and not some grand plot or scheme. The only thing that even suggests a larger world than what happens in Westview is the inclusion of SWORD and Hayward. It's going to take some deft writing to expand what we're watching into the multi-verse in ~90 minutes.

My guess is that there will be "an event" at the end of the show, fade to black, mid credits scene, pick the story back up in No Way Home.

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I honestly think Hayward is a Skrull.  As Secret Wars is just around the corner (in the grand scheme of things)

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I honestly think Hayward is a Skrull.  As Secret Wars is just around the corner (in the grand scheme of things)

That thought came to my mind just this weekend. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I also wouldn't be surprised if he introduced AIM into the MCEU and was using information gained from deconstructing the Vision to help create Modok.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

That thought came to my mind just this weekend. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I also wouldn't be surprised if he introduced AIM into the MCEU and was using information gained from deconstructing the Vision to help create Modok.

Marvel have SOOOOO much source material and a trillion characters and story arcs to choose from.  The possibilities are pretty endless.

14 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Marvel have SOOOOO much source material and a trillion characters and story arcs to choose from.  The possibilities are pretty endless.

This is true. I suggested AIM and Modok because they're rumored to be the mysterious buyers of the Pym particles in Ant-Man and the Wasp. And since the next movie looks like it's going to have multi-verse implications in it, Hayward could easily be an AIM plant inside SWORD.

WandaVision theory:

The cameo will be Nick Fury.  In the penultimate fight, Hayward is exposed as a Skrull (by Monica Rambeaus Spectrum) setting off the Secret Wars story line.  Fury takes out the Skrull. 

Wanda loses her **** fighting Agatha Harkness, and as a Nexus being, she unleashes her powers to crush Harkness and causes rips in the fabric of reality.  Agatha hides Wandas children in a revenge move.  Dr. strange rolls in to try and contain the problem.  But cannot.  Enter Multiverse of Madness.

23 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

There’s no happy ending to this story, while I know they will do things we can’t predict, I do think it’s fairly safe to assume the Hex gets taken down, which takes Vision away from Wanda, and possibly the twins. Wanda now has an enemy in Hayward and all of SWORD. She’s going to have to go on the run. 

I’ve come to appreciate studies of grief, loss, and depression in tv and films since HBO’s The Leftovers (not that it was the first treatment of those issues, but it was such a **** good show) and the MCU has done a really great job tackling those issues in a really heartfelt way, and Wandavision has been the next step as to that. 

Unrealistic possibility here-

Wanda figures out how to take the Vision she... created, and put him back into Vision's old body, since he seems to be made of energy or some kind of magic, and with her power, I wouldn't put it past her. Then Monica finds a way to expose Hayward, and SWORD turns on him and goes back to Monica's control, like it would have been if not for the snap. Agatha gets outdueled by Wanda, and that's that. 

She still loses the kids, sadly.