Marvel Cinematic Universe

Just realized that there's one episode left and we haven't gotten a hint of the purported setup for the Doctor Strange sequel. If somebody watched it after episode 8, they'd be lost. I dig that they're not going to wrap it up next week, but there's a lot of ground that needs to be covered.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Just realized that there's one episode left and we haven't gotten a hint of the purported setup for the Doctor Strange sequel. If somebody watched it after episode 8, they'd be lost. I dig that they're not going to wrap it up next week, but there's a lot of ground that needs to be covered.

I know that it's a limited series, but do you think that there's secretly a season 2 on the horizon before Doctor Strange 2 releases in theaters?

3 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

There's a "secret" season 2? Link please?

I'm speculating.

Just saying it's odd to have just a 9 episode limited series that leads into a film that comes out 2 years later.

Just saying there's room for at least a season 2 or 3.

A limited series could go longer than 1 season.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm speculating.

Just saying it's odd to have just a 9 episode limited series that leads into a film that comes out 2 years later.

Man, in the episode with the license plates in the intro(?), there was one that read 122822. Now that reads like a date to me. For what? I don't know. I went and searched for Marvel release dates, found nothing that mentioned that date.

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm speculating.

A limited series could go longer than 1 season.

Actually it is going to lead straight into Spider man 3....which comes out around Christmas this year.

13 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

Man, in the episode with the license plates in the intro(?), there was one that read 122822. Now that reads like a date to me. For what? I don't know. I went and searched for Marvel release dates, found nothing that mentioned that date.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

122822 is more than likely 12/28/1922 after looking it up. That's the day Stan Lee was born.

I guess that's a way to honor him due to no longer having him for cameos.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

There is so much info coming out it is easy to forget.

But it is cool that we will have SM3 by Christmas  and then 6 months later that is when Dr Strange 2

Don't know why I said 2 years until Strange 2 in a previous post lol.

Forgot that we're currently in 2021.

What's wrong with me??? 😆

33 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I know that it's a limited series, but do you think that there's secretly a season 2 on the horizon before Doctor Strange 2 releases in theaters?

I think Feige pretty much put the nail in that coffin. He said some series might be set up for another season and others like WandaVision will lead directly to a feature film. Sounds like next week is going to be the wrap up.

Wanda has been my daughters favorite character since she came out in Age of Ultron. She was pointing at the screen with me when Agatha said it.

Now the thought has dawned on me...... MCU Scarlet Witch has had one **** of an origin story. They may have big plans for that character.

Also the bit about Wandavision tying heavily into Doctor Strange 2 could have been some intentional misdirection. Maybe this builds up to an announcement about one of the unknown films in development and next week’s finale having broad implications on phase 4, not just DS2. Can’t wait to see lol

Anyway what happened to Monica and fake Pietro btw 🤔 

If Wandavision is a good indication of the quality to expect from MCU tv shows on Disney+ then I’m looking forward to every last series they do lol. I mean it started out a little rough for me but it rounded into form and it is outstanding. They have absolutely made Wanda’s relatively minor role in these multiple major films suddenly feel bigger and more important.

I mean what if she is actually a focal point of phase 4 🤯

Definitely inspires confidence about them picking up Charlie Cox Daredevil and carrying over the quality and intensity that show consistently produced under Netflix. I’m also very eager to see how they handle Moon Knight.

5 hours ago, Carter said:

If Wandavision is a good indication of the quality to expect from MCU tv shows on Disney+ then I’m looking forward to every last series they do lol. I mean it started out a little rough for me but it rounded into form and it is outstanding. They have absolutely made Wanda’s relatively minor role in these multiple major films suddenly feel bigger and more important.

I mean what if she is actually a focal point of phase 4 🤯

Definitely inspires confidence about them picking up Charlie Cox Daredevil and carrying over the quality and intensity that show consistently produced under Netflix. I’m also very eager to see how they handle Moon Knight.

Wandavision has turned me from a casual fan into **** near a fanboy. Outstanding storytelling, character development, emotional content, mystery, suspense, action when needed, etc . . . This show has wildly exceeded any expectations I possibly had going into it. 

6 hours ago, Carter said:

Wanda has been my daughters favorite character since she came out in Age of Ultron. She was pointing at the screen with me when Agatha said it.

Now the thought has dawned on me...... MCU Scarlet Witch has had one **** of an origin story. They may have big plans for that character.

Also the bit about Wandavision tying heavily into Doctor Strange 2 could have been some intentional misdirection. Maybe this builds up to an announcement about one of the unknown films in development and next week’s finale having broad implications on phase 4, not just DS2. Can’t wait to see lol

Anyway what happened to Monica and fake Pietro btw 🤔 

It is not a misdirection so to speak

Wanda is going to be in Dr. Strange 2. That has already been confirmed.

But yeah...I have a feeling that the events of WandaVison are going to have an incredible impact on phase 4.

10 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

He didn't actually doctor the footage. He doctored the narrative.

He did doctor the footage though, Wanda didn’t actually steal Vision’s body, we saw her recreate him from her magic, and it was revealed in the mid-credit scene that Hayward rebuilt Vision and powered him from Wanda’s magic from the drone they recovered. 

17 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I don't mind a lack of Hawkeye, he has no powers whatsoever, he's just a really good killer and he can fly things.  I like Jeremy Renner, but in my mind it's kind of silly to have him out there next to Capatain America, Thor, Captain Marvel . . . but then again, so is Black Widow, and I want as much of her as possible. 

In my mind, non-super powered heroes begin and end with Batman. 

I don’t particularly care about Hawkeye nor do I particularly like Jeremy Renner, but he did have a pretty great joke on this point in Age of Ultron:

“Okay, look. The city is flying, we’re fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense.”

21 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I don’t particularly care about Hawkeye nor do I particularly like Jeremy Renner, but he did have a pretty great joke on this point in Age of Ultron:

“Okay, look. The city is flying, we’re fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense.”

What I like about his character is that he will be the lone person remarking on the absurdity of it all.  The Hawkeye show looks to be something quite cool though.  Stage one of passing the torch.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

He did doctor the footage though, Wanda didn’t actually steal Vision’s body, we saw her recreate him from her magic, and it was revealed in the mid-credit scene that Hayward rebuilt Vision and powered him from Wanda’s magic from the drone they recovered. 

Go rewatch the episode where the footage was shown. Nothing was doctored other than the narrative.

20 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

What I like about his character is that he will be the lone person remarking on the absurdity of it all.  The Hawkeye show looks to be something quite cool though.  Stage one of passing the torch.  

We got both of our kids real bows and arrows for Christmas (Why we were dumb enough to arm our young children is not the point of this conversation). From what little we have allowed them to see of the MCU, my daughter absolutely loves Hawkeye.

19 minutes ago, Padawan Knight said:

Go rewatch the episode where the footage was shown. Nothing was doctored other than the narrative.

True

I think it showed her blowing the security doors open and shattering that glass that was a couple of floors up, which she really did.

Hayward used it to his advantage.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Ahh, you’re right. 

I actually went back to watch it before I responded because I wanted to make sure.

That being said, I caught something else when I was watching the Halloween episode with a friend that I need to go back and verify. When Vision was talking to Agnes, I think he only pointed one time, and Agnes was looking in his directing the whole time. So, the scene in the Agatha All Along montage should probably not be taken literally.