Jump to content

Marvel Cinematic Universe


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

 

Most people are sticking around for the credits now to see what pops up. And this one is a doozy. The next two episodes have a ton of threads to address, even if they don't tie most of them up.

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness opens on March 25, 2022. This show is going to make that a hot ticket, especially if the theaters are open sans restrictions by that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I thought there was only one episode left after this. So yeah, a lot to wrap up in even less time

I just checked and you're right about nine episodes. This series can't tie up most of what it's opened in one episode. It's basically a huge tease for Phase 4. Marvel is writing the book on entertainment marketing. Nobody's going to be satisfied by the end of it.

I'm willing to bet money that none of the Disney+ MCEU shows ends with any sort of resolution. Smart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I just checked and you're right about nine episodes. This series can't tie up most of what it's opened in one episode. It's basically a huge tease for Phase 4. Marvel is writing the book on entertainment marketing. Nobody's going to be satisfied by the end of it.

I'm willing to bet money that none of the Disney+ MCEU shows ends with any sort of resolution. Smart.

Exactly. They will wrap up one or two discrete plot points while creating a dozen more to continue in future shows/movies/etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Most interested in Loki, tbh. He's such a fun character, it's got a great cast, and a fun/creative conceit.  Don't care too much about Falcon and Winter Soldier, and because I have somewhat limited viewing time, the smaller stakes ones just don't move the needle too much.

I didn't care much about Loki when I first watched most of the MCU movies, but with Wandavision having spurred me to go back and rewatch some of the other movies, he's a great character and Tom Hiddleston just knocks it out of the park. 

I also don't care for Falcon much at all, and slightly more about Winter Solider.  WS was, and still is, a great movie, and he was a badass villain that gave Cap everything he could handle.  But his character seems to have been neutered and cast to the side a bit since then, I need to rewatch Civil War. 

Falcon just isn't a very interesting character.  Like Iron, he has no actual powers, and like Iron Man, he can fly, but that's it.  He's not armored all over, I think think his suit has any weapons, he doesn't have super strength except for inertia he can develop from flying, and while I know he becomes Captain America in the comics, it's not terribly interesting to think of a non-super powered Captain America.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to go back and look it up, Bucky was given super powers similar to Captain America.  I don't see why they they don't focus more on him, and I get that his character arc had him dealing with the effects of his brain washing and having to be gifted a new cybernetic arm, but he didn't do a whole lot in Infinity War and Endgame, despite arguably being Cap's equal in ability, while Cap is running around wielding Mjollnir.

This is the most badass looking character in the MCU, IMO

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I had to go back and look it up, Bucky was given super powers similar to Captain America.  I don't see why they they don't focus more on him, and I get that his character arc had him dealing with the effects of his brain washing and having to be gifted a new cybernetic arm, but he didn't do a whole lot in Infinity War and Endgame, despite arguably being Cap's equal in ability, while Cap is running around wielding Mjollnir.

This is the most badass looking character in the MCU, IMO

giphy.gif

 

 

I honestly don't care much about Cap or WS (or Falcon or really even Hawkeye) but hard for me to argue that most badass shouldn't go to either Cap or Black Panther here.

 

a9XpDvkyDdMk7BmhrMdttd.jpg

 

Also

 

 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=8223726

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

 

 

I honestly don't care much about Cap or WS (or Falcon or really even Hawkeye) but hard for me to argue that most badass shouldn't go to either Cap or Black Panther here.

 

a9XpDvkyDdMk7BmhrMdttd.jpg

 

Also

 

 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=8223726

 

 

Infinity War Cap with the black suit and beard looked cool, but those mini shields ruined it for me, weird compared to his regular shield.

Agree T'Challa is a total badass in his suit though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They haven't used the Winter Soldier as well as I'd like to see. I think it's because he came in late and there were too many established Avengers and too little time to make him stand out. Clint Barton came much earlier but they've similarly underused Hawkeye. Hopefully, the Hawkeye show will rectify that. Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier might be my favorite MCEU films. Other than Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans was the most perfectly cast actor in the entire series.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind a lack of Hawkeye, he has no powers whatsoever, he's just a really good killer and he can fly things.  I like Jeremy Renner, but in my mind it's kind of silly to have him out there next to Capatain America, Thor, Captain Marvel . . . but then again, so is Black Widow, and I want as much of her as possible. 

In my mind, non-super powered heroes begin and end with Batman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I don't mind a lack of Hawkeye, he has no powers whatsoever, he's just a really good killer and he can fly things.  I like Jeremy Renner, but in my mind it's kind of silly to have him out there next to Capatain America, Thor, Captain Marvel . . . but then again, so is Black Widow, and I want as much of her as possible. 

In my mind, non-super powered heroes begin and end with Batman. 

I wondered what Natasha Romanoff brought to the Battle of New York besides her penchant for acrobatic martial arts. She didn't even use her Widow's stings. And Hawkeye didn't use any weaponized arrows and seemed to have Legolas' bottomless quiver. His entire participation should have ended after about two minutes. They brought pea shooters to a bazooka fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

So Hayward doctored the footage of Wanda stealing Vision’s body? 

 

Yep, pretty much.

 

But I wonder what's Haywards motive for reviving Vision in a new and improved form?

 

Yeah Vision is an ultimate killing machine in the wrong hands, but it's deeper than that because it's the MCU lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Padawan Knight said:

He didn't actually doctor the footage. He doctored the narrative.

 

Well.....yeah after thinking about it.

 

I wonder what his motive is though?

 

Is it for just for power? Does it really have something to do with Wanda, or is she just a pawn? Does it have something to do with some type of revenge? Is this an Avengers level problem?

 

Is he even the real Hayward?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...