Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

He was in Kickass in 2010 with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and they both went on to play Quicksilver/Pietro/Peter Maximoff in different movies.

a8337af94e046a1f7fd035e72c0caff1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

WandaVision had a nice nod to that, where the kids responded to Pietro’s trick-or-treating prowess by calling it “kickass” and Wanda repeated “kick ***” more slowly

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Doubt they have cast anyone yet if there isn’t even a script. Plus the director tapped for Fantastic Four is currently shooting Spiderman 3 and they will be busy with editing for a while as it’s slated for theaters later this year.

Lawrence would be a very solid casting job for Sue Storm, but I’m doubtful on it happening. Primarily because she has openly talked about wanting to slow down her acting work after being involved in the hunger games and a bunch of X-Men movies. I think she would own that role though if she’s up for it. 

I don't know. There is no doubt a treatment for a FF movie even if there is no script. Feige's going to vet the 🤬 out of the writer(s) to make sure they stay within the framework of the entire universe. Can't have another episode like they had with Edgar Wright or Scott Derrickson. But I think they know where the story fits in phase 5 (probably).

As far as Lawrence is concerned, there was concern that she hated being Mystique because of the production demands (5 hours of makeup and a suit that wouldn't even let her sit down to pee). I could see her doing it because it would be less stressful than X-Men but I wonder if she'd be down for Marvel's typical 3-5 movie deal commitment. Plus, Marvel is notoriously cheap in their inital deals (DC is too) and she'd command a $20 million payday.

Until Hollywood Reporter or Variety report it, take everything you hear with a grain of salt. It should be noted that she has neither confirmed nor denied the reports at this time and I'd think that her agent would be quick to tell the press if it wasn't true. He/she might be trying to drive up her contract conditions by creating fan expectations. She'd bring a whole new group of fans to a franchise that is at the center of almost every Venn diagram fanbase subset that already exists.

25 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I don't know. There is no doubt a treatment for a FF movie even if there is no script. Feige's going to vet the 🤬 out of the writer(s) to make sure they stay within the framework of the entire universe. Can't have another episode like they had with Edgar Wright or Scott Derrickson. But I think they know where the story fits in phase 5 (probably).

As far as Lawrence is concerned, there was concern that she hated being Mystique because of the production demands (5 hours of makeup and a suit that wouldn't even let her sit down to pee). I could see her doing it because it would be less stressful than X-Men but I wonder if she'd be down for Marvel's typical 3-5 movie deal commitment. Plus, Marvel is notoriously cheap in their inital deals (DC is too) and she'd command a $20 million payday.

Until Hollywood Reporter or Variety report it, take everything you hear with a grain of salt. It should be noted that she has neither confirmed nor denied the reports at this time and I'd think that her agent would be quick to tell the press if it wasn't true. He/she might be trying to drive up her contract conditions by creating fan expectations. She'd bring a whole new group of fans to a franchise that is at the center of almost every Venn diagram fanbase subset that already exists.

They are cheap on the initial deal but stars make BANK on the subsequent movies.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

They are cheap on the initial deal but stars make BANK on the subsequent movies.

That's one of the saddest aspects of Chadwick Boseman tragedy. He was leveraged to leave his family set for generations.

49 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

That's one of the saddest aspects of Chadwick Boseman tragedy. He was leveraged to leave his family set for generations.

It can still happen. I hear that Boseman was working with Feige on ideas for Black Panther 2 and 3.

If true, they could very well give him a producer's credit just out of respect. Which will go to his wife/estate.

10 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

It can still happen. I hear that Boseman was working with Feige on ideas for Black Panther 2 and 3.

If true, they could very well give him a producer's credit just out of respect. Which will go to his wife/estate.

Feige and Marvel appear to be a class organization.  This would not surprise me. 

15 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Before Wandavision Dr Strange without a doubt but Wandavision has apparently added to her arsenal things we had no idea she was capable of

Girl was out there sandbagging on our Avengers 👀

Actually, Dr. Strange might be the only MCU hero that would stand a chance against her. He could put her in a binding spell or time loop that could nullify her abilities.

Looks like a new series every other month for a while. The problem with WandaVision is it's setting a high bar for creative license. I have a feeling what follows will be underwhelming. With that being said, if WandaVision leads into DS: ITMOM, are Falcon & the Winter Soldier and Loki going to similarly end in a way that makes fans buy tickets to see how they resolve? If so, that is a baller marketing strategy.

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Looks like a new series every other month for a while. The problem with WandaVision is it's setting a high bar for creative license. I have a feeling what follows will be underwhelming. With that being said, if WandaVision leads into DS: ITMOM, are Falcon & the Winter Soldier and Loki going to similarly end in a way that makes fans buy tickets to see how they resolve? If so, that is a baller marketing strategy.

I guarantee you black twitter will find a way to turn that into A Bad *****