Marvel Cinematic Universe

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

So a 30 minute episode then lol

The shortness of these episodes is very annoying. ~35 minutes total... 5 minutes intro/refresh, 10 minutes on the credits, like 20 minutes of show. They have a 42 minute episode that was actually less than 30 minutes of show. And most of them end at a point where the story is just taking off. Cutting them short really did a disservice to the Agatha reveal imo. My kids don’t know who the character is at all and we were more disappointed than anything that the episode just ended the way it did.

The mid credits scene was interesting.

Penultimate episodes are usually the best. As disappointed as we were with it ending so abruptly (again), we’re really looking forward to the next one. 

On 2/20/2021 at 4:03 PM, JayOzOne said:

Sue Storm is signed. Does this mean Krasinski comes without his wife?

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Doubt they have cast anyone yet if there isn’t even a script. Plus the director tapped for Fantastic Four is currently shooting Spiderman 3 and they will be busy with editing for a while as it’s slated for theaters later this year.

Lawrence would be a very solid casting job for Sue Storm, but I’m doubtful on it happening. Primarily because she has openly talked about wanting to slow down her acting work after being involved in the hunger games and a bunch of X-Men movies. I think she would own that role though if she’s up for it. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I have never ever cared for the Fantastic 4. I’ll see how the MCU handles them, but they have never been my favorite. 

Anyone who claims them as a favorite is probably a little older I would think. Never been a favorite of mine either, but they really haven’t been handled properly outside of the comics either. X-Men has been the fan favorites in my lifetime. Until recent years with Marvel Studios doing such a great job with Avengers anyway.

I’m really curious to see how they handle Fantastic Four, but also impatient for MCU X-Men because that is what got me into any of this to begin with as a kid.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Anyone who claims them as a favorite is probably a little older I would think. Never been a favorite of mine either, but they really haven’t been handled properly outside of the comics either. X-Men has been the fan favorites in my lifetime. Until recent years with Marvel Studios doing such a great job with Avengers anyway.

I’m really curious to see how they handle Fantastic Four, but also impatient for MCU X-Men because that is what got me into any of this to begin with as a kid.

I'm okay on the Fantastic Four. Never really fully got into them as a group though. Mainly because Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman was hard to get interested in for some reason. They just aren't that interesting to me despite being highly important parts of the Marvel universe.

I was way more interested in Human Torch and Thing, but that wasn't enough to keep me invested.

I'm looking forward to MCU's F4 because they've done a great job making us care and invest in characters that we haven't done so much in the past. If at all.

20 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I just rewatched ep 7. Two major points for the last two episodes, Wanda says he may already be the villain, and the twins are not in Agatha’s house when Wanda comes in. 

If the boys were real, and if they followed the comics and she unknowingly used pieces of Mephisto’s soul to create them, their absence could be them having been reabsorbed into Mephisto from the comics, which drove Wanda insane. 

The MCU definitely uses inspiration from comic storylines, but frequently isn't faithful to them. It lets them drop a bunch of easter eggs that in the end are either mis-directions or meaningless to the story being told. Not sure how much of that is going on here. Like, the cicada is clearly a reference to Mephisto appearing as a fly but ... why use the cicada instead of a fly? Does it just look better? Simply to mess with fans who actually follow it? Because it represents a twist on Mephisto in the show? Who knows! Given the other Mephisto references, he could play a role here, although I'd assume at most he's teased here and would be a bigger bad down the line. Like you're not blowing the Mephisto load this early in the phase. But maybe it's all just misdirection and the actual phase 4 big bad will be something/someone different, but with Mephisto like characteristics.

And Agatha appears to be a villain here (although we'll see if it's really because she had ill intent or something else), which is not really the case in the comics. So maybe she's tapping into other comic characters. That allows some relation to storylines, but not fidelity to them.

In short, who the **** knows.

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

The MCU definitely uses inspiration from comic storylines, but frequently isn't faithful to them. It lets them drop a bunch of easter eggs that in the end are either mis-directions or meaningless to the story being told. Not sure how much of that is going on here. Like, the cicada is clearly a reference to Mephisto appearing as a fly but ... why use the cicada instead of a fly? Does it just look better? Simply to mess with fans who actually follow it? Because it represents a twist on Mephisto in the show? Who knows! Given the other Mephisto references, he could play a role here, although I'd assume at most he's teased here and would be a bigger bad down the line. Like you're not blowing the Mephisto load this early in the phase. But maybe it's all just misdirection and the actual phase 4 big bad will be something/someone different, but with Mephisto like characteristics.

And Agatha appears to be a villain here (although we'll see if it's really because she had ill intent or something else), which is not really the case in the comics. So maybe she's tapping into other comic characters. That allows some relation to storylines, but not fidelity to them.

In short, who the **** knows.

Yeah I’d say the chances Mephisto is revealed in the next two episodes is between 0-5%, the MCU has a formula for teasing big bads like they did with Thanos. I’m also skeptical they would be true to his character as the demon ruler of heIl with concerns over censorship issues in China. I think they keep it to teases, and in all likelihood Dr. Strange shows up to tie into the next movie. 

Also, let’s not forget that the show has developed Hayward as a villain. 

16 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

This seems relevant

We say that now but 10 years from now we are gonna be sobbing over a bucket of popcorn about how Dr. Doom convinced Sue to put a force field around Rush Limbaugh’s grave because people keep ****ting on it

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Yeah I’d say the chances Mephisto is revealed in the next two episodes is between 0-5%, the MCU has a formula for teasing big bads like they did with Thanos. I’m also skeptical they would be true to his character as the demon ruler of heIl with concerns over censorship issues in China. I think they keep it to teases, and in all likelihood Dr. Strange shows up to tie into the next movie. 

I want to see how this ties in with Dr. Strange because that movie doesn’t come out for a whole nother year lol

5 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Not to interrupt your amazing WandaVision conversation...

But Marvel is rumored to confirm a Maguire-Garfield-Holland Spider Man within the next few weeks. Maguire recently agreed to a contract.

It actually ties into WandaVison.

The idea is that WandaVison , Dr strange and the Multiverse of Madness and Spider-man 3 will essentially be a trilogy.

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

I want to see how this ties in with Dr. Strange because that movie doesn’t come out for a whole nother year lol

I've seen speculation that all of the time travel in Endgame destablized the multiverse, and it's going to start collapsing in on itself, this could set that up, or set up Wanda as a villain.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I've seen speculation that all of the time travel in Endgame destablized the multiverse, and it's going to start collapsing in on itself, this could set that up, or set up Wanda as a villain.

I have seen that as well.

There is also a theory that all of the snapping have caused issues with space and time.

We already know of a couple alternate really that was created by the stones ( the one where Steve Rogers stays in the 40's to live his life and 2014 Loki stealing the tesseract....it would not shock me to see other ones created.

15 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It actually ties into WandaVison.

The idea is that WandaVison , Dr strange and the Multiverse of Madness and Spider-man 3 will essentially be a trilogy.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

I have seen that as well.

There is also a theory that all of the snapping have caused issues with space and time.

We already know of a couple alternate really that was created by the stones ( the one where Steve Rogers stays in the 40's to live his life and 2014 Loki stealing the tesseract....it would not shock me to see other ones created.

Yup. It all ties in with Loki as well, given that his show is all about the Time Variance Authority, who try to keep timelines in order.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Right. To the extent they reveal him at all, it would probably only be a semi-reveal. I mean, even if he is the big bad for this phase, who knows if they've even cast him yet. So like Thanos (who was not Josh Brolin at first), maybe he gets a very brief initial reveal, like a minion talking to him off camera, just a voice or a shadow or something.

3 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Yup. It all ties in with Loki as well, given that his show is all about the Time Variance Authority, who try to keep timelines in order.

Umhm.

I think that I am more excited about Loki than I am any other shows..

Don't get me wrong...Falcon and Winter soldier looks awesome but I just think Loki is going to be different.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I like the Endgame theories about the multiverse, but I think the divergent timelines and the multiverse are two different concepts where time is just one aspect. Thought perhaps the most relatable to us because we relate everything to happening on Earth. Remember Dr. Strange locked himself and Dormammu in a time loop that I guess technically incorporated two different physical dimensions as Dormammu was breaking through to Earth.

🤓

I just hope they don't make it convoluted. Endgame straddled that line while changing the entire way "time travel" is perceived. It's tricky. There could still be a lot to explore with the quantum realm also.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I like the Endgame theories about the multiverse, but I think the divergent timelines and the multiverse are two different concepts where time is just one aspect. Thought perhaps the most relatable to us because we relate everything to happening on Earth. Remember Dr. Strange locked himself and Dormammu in a time loop that I guess technically incorporated two different physical dimensions as Dormammu was breaking through to Earth.

🤓

I just hope they don't make it convoluted. Endgame straddled that line while changing the entire way "time travel" is perceived. It's tricky. There could still be a lot to explore with the quantum realm also.

I agree the whole time travel thing get way too complicated quickly. I think mainly they need to introduce new sources of power for good vs. evil to fight over now that the infinity stones have been returned. Was reading an article suggesting they may focus on Nexus characters, which Wanda may be.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I agree the whole time travel thing get way too complicated quickly. I think mainly they need to introduce new sources of power for good vs. evil to fight over now that the infinity stones have been returned. Was reading an article suggesting they may focus on Nexus characters, which Wanda may be.

Given the Nexus ad that seems fairly likely.

1 minute ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Also, quick mention, Evan Peters is one of the most versatile actors I know. From Season 1 of AHS (depressive teen ghost) to Quicksilver... not to mention how he turned into a French Hotel Owner. 

He was in Kickass in 2010 with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and they both went on to play Quicksilver/Pietro/Peter Maximoff in different movies.

a8337af94e046a1f7fd035e72c0caff1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg