Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I liked Mike Culter as Luke Cage but I could imagine Marvel recasting him. But there's no way they could recast Jessica Jones or Matt Murdock, even though I suspect Feige would love to do it.

I would probably prefer they bring over all the main people from the Netflix series except for Finn Jones as Danny Rand. They might could upgrade on Luke Cage but I would be good if Colter is the guy. I’m curious to see how they write in Daredevil appearing in Spiderman 3. Charlie Cox is their guy for DD and I’m kinda hyped for it. He was perfect in that role.

I liked Bernthal a lot as Punisher also.

The best casting job aside from Cox as Daredevil is probably Mustafa Shakir as Bushmaster in Luke Cage season 2. He stole every scene he was in despite some goofy writing at times. If they are pushing ahead with shows for the defenders characters it would be cool to see Shakir return.

4 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Welp. Again, I won't spoil until later. Just gonna say some answers, but still many questions.

Many questions and they ended it smack in the thick of things. I'm sitting here ****ed off that I have to wait a week to find out what's going on. Seriously, it feels like they stopped right in the middle of an episode. 😡

12 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

What is the over/under on Dr Strange making an appearance In the finale?

Logic serves that he will. Several months ago, I heard that he was appearing in it.Everybody's wondering who Paul Bettany has "wanted to work with for all (his) life". That suggests it's an older actor. He and Cumberbatch have collaborated already in Creation. As well as with Ian McKellen in The Da Vinci Code. Speculation is that it might be Patrick Stewart.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Logic serves that he will. Several months ago, I heard that he was appearing in it.Everybody's wondering who Paul Bettany has "wanted to work with for all (his) life". That suggests it's an older actor. He and Cumberbatch have collaborated already in Creation. As well as with Ian McKellen in The Da Vinci Code. Speculation is that it might be Patrick Stewart.

I actually just saw a video about that earlier.....they were speculating that it was actually Al Pacino who will play mephisto!

I just rewatched ep 7. Two major points for the last two episodes, Wanda says he may already be the villain, and the twins are not in Agatha’s house when Wanda comes in. 

If the boys were real, and if they followed the comics and she unknowingly used pieces of Mephisto’s soul to create them, their absence could be them having been reabsorbed into Mephisto from the comics, which drove Wanda insane. 

The last couple of years have seen people digging deep into all kinds of TV shows. Watchmen was full of easter eggs. Other shows, too. But I think this is a whole new level. Someone even noticed that Wanda is sounding more drained every week at the beginning when she says "Previously on WandaVision". The person who noted this thinks it's because Agatha is draining her energy. If she sounds sluggish next week, this theory is probably true.

The same person theorized that Agnes/Agatha has been slowly poisoning Wanda and almost every episode seems to show her bringing over a plant or making tea or giving her something that might be leading to Wanda's eventual breakdown. The last episode showed Wanda taking pills for something. And people are really going nuts, noticing all of the hexagons everywhere.

The level of detail is amazing but I have to wonder if some of what fanboys are seeing is coincidentally relevant.

57 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The last couple of years have seen people digging deep into all kinds of TV shows. Watchmen was full of easter eggs. Other shows, too. But I think this is a whole new level. Someone even noticed that Wanda is sounding more drained every week at the beginning when she says "Previously on WandaVision". The person who noted this thinks it's because Agatha is draining her energy. If she sounds sluggish next week, this theory is probably true.

The same person theorized that Agnes/Agatha has been slowly poisoning Wanda and almost every episode seems to show her bringing over a plant or making tea or giving her something that might be leading to Wanda's eventual breakdown. The last episode showed Wanda taking pills for something. And people are really going nuts, noticing all of the hexagons everywhere.

The level of detail is amazing but I have to wonder if some of what fanboys are seeing is coincidentally relevant.

I have no doubt that at least some of what we're seeing is coincidental. However, we're getting much better attention to sets than ever before. So, I'll have to assume most everything was intentional.

Case in point: I recently watched a behind the scenes video for The Rise of Skywalker. First and foremost, I had no idea that John Williams had an acting credit in the movie until that video. Secondly, the scene he was in had 51 very intentionally created and placed references to the 51 Oscar-nominated films that he scored.