Marvel Cinematic Universe

14 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

There are just too many hints with Agnes for her to be a victim of Wanda's hex. Even having "naughty" on the butt of her sweats at the beginning of the episode. Every week, something that she says or does is cryptic.

Umhm

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

So Agnes definitely isn’t in on it. It also seems less likely that dark forces are also at work vs Wanda controlling everything out of grief, but with Wanda not knowing how it started it leaves room for other forces at work. 

13 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

I'm not convinced she's not in on it. With everyone else unable to even respond to Vision unless they were in an awakened state, she could.

Was coming to say that. It felt like misdirection.

9 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

There are just too many hints with Agnes for her to be a victim of Wanda's hex. Even having "naughty" on the butt of her sweats at the beginning of the episode. Every week, something that she says or does is cryptic.

On further reflection, I think y’all are right about Agnes. 

Also, Kathryn Hahn can still get it. 😍

And good lord Wanda in that costume. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

On further reflection, I think y’all are right about Agnes. 

Also, Kathryn Hahn can still get it. 😍

And good lord Wanda in that costume. 

I loved all the classic costumes. You had to know the scarlet witch was coming out when they made such a big deal last episode about how Wanda didn’t have any fancy codenames. Now she’s made the whole hex scarlet, so I don’t imagine will be too long before she’s officially known as that.

I also don’t know what is up with Agnes. She definitely seems to be something more than just a normal resident, but dressing her up as a witch for Halloween seems a little too on the nose. maybe she was influencing Wanda but now things are getting out of hand and she doesn’t know what to do. Maybe she’s an intermediary (for Mephisto?), or behind it entirely, or just more aware for some reason.

Also, still wondering who Woo’s missing witness is, and who the aerospace engineer is.

26 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I loved all the classic costumes. You had to know the scarlet witch was coming out when they made such a big deal last episode about how Wanda didn’t have any fancy codenames. Now she’s made the whole hex scarlet, so I don’t imagine will be too long before she’s officially known as that.

I also don’t know what is up with Agnes. She definitely seems to be something more than just a normal resident, but dressing her up as a witch for Halloween seems a little too on the nose. maybe she was influencing Wanda but now things are getting out of hand and she doesn’t know what to do. Maybe she’s an intermediary (for Mephisto?), or behind it entirely, or just more aware for some reason.

Also, still wondering who Woo’s missing witness is, and who the aerospace engineer is.

I also am wondering about the missing witness.

I'm leaning towards Agnes being in cahoots with Mephisto.

Not sure about the engineer, but other languages have used the female form of the noun, so that probably rules out an FF connection?

24 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

A lot of people is talking about the fantastic four....and I am digging the idea.

The idea that WandaVison will be the vehicle that introduces the Fantastic Four AND Mutants is pretty exciting.

24 minutes ago, Padawan Knight said:

I also am wondering about the missing witness.

I'm leaning towards Agnes being in cahoots with Mephisto.

Not sure about the engineer, but other languages have used the female form of the noun, so that probably rules out an FF connection?

Could be, but I might trust the English version where it’s a he, so maybe RR. But, there are certainly other possibilities, including some women.

https://thedirect.com/article/wandavision-aerospace-engineer-fantastic-four-ironheart-mutants

Also, Mephisto seems like a strong possibility Particularly with the reference to demon spawn and west view being charming as ****. but Nightmare could be as well, and there were several references to nightmares. Given that he was a enemy of Doctor Strange, and the show ties in to the new Doctor Strange movie, it would make sense.

Charles Murphy is a guy who seems to get more than his fair share of scoops regarding the MCEU. He earned his rep after revealing things nobody about Spider-Man: Far From Home and Avengers Endgame six months before the movies came out. He's more frequently right than wrong. Anyway, he said he doesn't believe Mephisto is the big bad in this season and that he doesn't think he'll be introduced for a long time. Of course, he makes sure to note that he has no knowledge to the contrary, so it doesn't count as a scoop so much as dot connecting.

If Nightmare is the villain in the next Doctor Strange movie and Mephisto isn't behind WandaVision, I'd suggest that he's involved here.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I think the SWORD director has been secretly building the Sentinel program and that’s what Darcy was about to discover before Vision exited the Hex. 

Yeah, I saw that theory that basically he is the MCU’s version of Stryker. Which would make sense given he was seemingly using Vision to build weapons

Some additional information you all might find intriguing, from a Paul Bettany interview:

I think they're going to be massively surprised by the end of the show. I really think people are going to be like, 'Oh my God!' And they're going to look at the MCU in a whole new light, and also have a much deeper understanding of what direction it's moving.

I would also say that, you know, so many things get leaked and people find out about certain things. But there's this thing that's been kept completely under wraps that happens, and I work with this actor that I have always wanted to work with and we have fireworks together and the scenes are great, and I think people will be really excited. There's some gossip I probably shouldn't have told you and I'm probably going to get a call from Marvel security saying, 'Why the **** did you say that?'

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1353728511031312392

This episode 6 was nuts. Stepped on some theories I had going in my head - and of course raises more questions. The way Vision began deconstructing was crazy. Pietro apparently having no effects of the mind control is weird, along with him and Wanda both realizing strange things around them and her missing memories. The fact that they continue to show both Quicksilver actors is interesting.

I think her power must have been amplified by interacting with the mind stone directly in Infinity War - and she doesn’t realize it or really understand her own powers yet. Perhaps this is also why Vision (and Pietro) can be alive inside the hex and why she naturally knew how to expand the hex despite confusion about what exactly is going on. They keep making a point about everything changing when it goes into the hex. This doesn’t really explain anything about Agnes and Herb breaking character nor the twins though. The twins are the weirdest thing going on right now imo lol

4 hours ago, Carter said:

This episode 6 was nuts. Stepped on some theories I had going in my head - and of course raises more questions. The way Vision began deconstructing was crazy. Pietro apparently having no effects of the mind control is weird, along with him and Wanda both realizing strange things around them and her missing memories. The fact that they continue to show both Quicksilver actors is interesting.

I think her power must have been amplified by interacting with the mind stone directly in Infinity War - and she doesn’t realize it or really understand her own powers yet. Perhaps this is also why Vision (and Pietro) can be alive inside the hex and why she naturally knew how to expand the hex despite confusion about what exactly is going on. They keep making a point about everything changing when it goes into the hex. This doesn’t really explain anything about Agnes and Herb breaking character nor the twins though. The twins are the weirdest thing going on right now imo lol

So much happened this episode. Wanda’s powers (and if there are other forces also at work) can only influence so many people at one time, and the folks on the outskirts are basically just stuck in place. The one mom holding the decoration up motion less let a single tear flow down her cheek as she saw Vision. 

Wanda seeing the vision of Pietro dead to me strengthens the idea that he’s either Loki or Nightmare in disguise. He was asleep at the beginning of the episode and mentioned nightmares later. 

Vision being alive, but deteriorating outside of the Hex was the most puzzling event. It suggests that Wanda/Others actually did reanimate him. 

The twins developing their powers rules. I assume they, and also Monica due to the Hex altering her DNA, are mutants. 

On 2/14/2021 at 11:59 AM, Padawan Knight said:

New Rockstars had a really good video on this episode that goes into some theories about Quicksilver (using that name since we don't actually know if this is the Pietro or Peter version).

Haven't watched but I assume at least a one theory involves him not being Pietro (or Peter). He seems to know some history of Pietro's life before Westview, which no one else does (not even Vision). But though he seemingly recalls certain things about Pietro, the details don't seem right (e.g., shot like a chump for nothing). He doesn't seem to have any memories from Peter, which makes the pulled from another part of the multiverse seem wrong. And he doesn't just look different than Pietro, he acts differently - he's a different character entirely, play acting pieced together public memories of Pietro without the depth or warmth Pietro showed toward Wanda.

Assuming there's a big bad manipulating Wanda, Pietro also appeared right at a moment when that big bad would want to intervene - i.e., Vision imploring her to stop, maybe getting her to realize what was really happening.