Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw Black panther yesterday. Outside of the winter soldier, kilmonger is the second villain marvel has perfected imo. Michael b Jordan played a **** good villain here

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

He's always getting bashed for spoiling movies. He can't help it. He might be telling the truth but just the other day, he had a "Uhh... I dunno. I haven't seen them" kind of response to the same question when it would have been easier to just say "no". Sounds like he's rehearsed this to stay out of the headlines.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

He's always getting bashed for spoiling movies. He can't help it. He might be telling the truth but just the other day, he had a "Uhh... I dunno. I haven't seen them" kind of response to the same question when it would have been easier to just say "no". Sounds like he's rehearsed this to stay out of the headlines.

Yeah at this point with him anything that’s denying a rumor confirms it for me lol

14 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I'm sure I'm late to the game, but this looks neat.

At least one fan theory that Pietro (from Fox universe) is actually Loki in disguise, come to seek help from Wanda re: the TVA.

I always forget that only one version of him died, and the version from the past that escaped with the stone is still alive.

Old Owen Wilson >>>>>>>

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

I'm sure I'm late to the game, but this looks neat.

At least one fan theory that Pietro (from Fox universe) is actually Loki in disguise, come to seek help from Wanda re: the TVA.

Looking at the thumbnail, I now see where homie with the horns who stormed the capitol got the idea from

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

A fresh take on Wolverine would be welcomed by me. I'd like to see him introduced in Deadpool because Logan should be an R-rated hero. Those claws aren't for picking his teeth.

I think they will probably have Wolverine and X-Men straddle the same kind of line they’ve had with Avengers regarding appeal to general audiences. Deadpool would be a great stage to introduce him on for sure, but until I see how they actually handle Deadpool in the MCU I will be skeptical.

Deadpool is so counter to the family friendly Disney image as it is. I can’t imagine them cornering themselves into an R-rated theme for a character that will anchor MCU once they unleash X-Men. I mean X-Men without Wolverine is like Avengers without Iron Man. Cyclops fashions as the Captain America-like leader, but Wolverine is the soul. MCU Wolverine could be a bigger hit than Iron Man if they do it right.

X-Men has the potential to outdo anything they’ve done to this point honestly. The story themes are more relevant to our modern times and the characters themselves are frankly much better than Avengers imo.

All that said, MCU has been pushing the boundary on PG13 for sure. So I’m interested in seeing how they handle it, especially if they want to bring Deadpool into broader MCU storylines. I just hope they get Gambit right. The bright side of him only ever being in one of the movies, a terrible one that relatively few people saw, is whoever gets that role won’t be compared to a Hugh Jackman or Patrick Stewart.

9 hours ago, Carter said:

I think they will probably have Wolverine and X-Men straddle the same kind of line they’ve had with Avengers regarding appeal to general audiences. Deadpool would be a great stage to introduce him on for sure, but until I see how they actually handle Deadpool in the MCU I will be skeptical.

Deadpool is so counter to the family friendly Disney image as it is. I can’t imagine them cornering themselves into an R-rated theme for a character that will anchor MCU once they unleash X-Men. I mean X-Men without Wolverine is like Avengers without Iron Man. Cyclops fashions as the Captain America-like leader, but Wolverine is the soul. MCU Wolverine could be a bigger hit than Iron Man if they do it right.

X-Men has the potential to outdo anything they’ve done to this point honestly. The story themes are more relevant to our modern times and the characters themselves are frankly much better than Avengers imo.

All that said, MCU has been pushing the boundary on PG13 for sure. So I’m interested in seeing how they handle it, especially if they want to bring Deadpool into broader MCU storylines. I just hope they get Gambit right. The bright side of him only ever being in one of the movies, a terrible one that relatively few people saw, is whoever gets that role won’t be compared to a Hugh Jackman or Patrick Stewart.

It’s been rumored they’re developing a Hulk v Wolverine movie, which would be Wolvie’s intro to the MCU. 

11 hours ago, Carter said:

Great points. It's easy to forget about how violent MCEU movies are because seldom is one of the heroes injured. They talked about casualties in Captain America: Civil War but othewise, these dudes are causing wanton destruction on a grand scale without even an afterthought.

The point that I'm leading to is that Wolverine is one of the most violent characters in comics. He doesn't shoot laser beams or have telepathy/telekinesis; he shreds and destroys, up close and personal. And it's affected him on a personal level many times and shaped his character arc. It's hard to represent that on film without showing blood. It'll be a heckuva feat for Marvel to do him justice.

Fox was given a pass on this because Hugh Jackman was so charismatic. It's all going to come down to casting and writing. But that's always the case for every role and Marvel's nailed it for the most part.

Not me. I'll watch it tomorrow evening when I'm settled down and alert. I'll have to stay off of YouTube until then because a lot of 🤬holes like to put spoilers in the titles of their videos. "WandaVision Ep. #6: Here's Why Wanda Brought Thanos To Westview To FIght Apocalypse"

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

So Agnes definitely isn’t in on it. It also seems less likely that dark forces are also at work vs Wanda controlling everything out of grief, but with Wanda not knowing how it started it leaves room for other forces at work. 

I'm not convinced she's not in on it. With everyone else unable to even respond to Vision unless they were in an awakened state, she could.

10 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Great episode.

I certainly think Agnes is indeed in on it.

She has been too involved for her to just be a pawn

There are just too many hints with Agnes for her to be a victim of Wanda's hex. Even having "naughty" on the butt of her sweats at the beginning of the episode. Every week, something that she says or does is cryptic.