Marvel Cinematic Universe

I changed my mind about WandaVision lol it’s getting really really good now. When Wanda came out and took over the soldiers minds and made them all point their guns at the feds I was like whoa... and she tells them it will be her only warning. Their ability to ratchet up tense moments in this show has been outstanding.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i know we get the true form of Zemo in F & WS, what org is that lady from? In the trailer she was putting some mask on but they cut away fast but in the poster linked to the tweet i posted on the other page you can see her and some dude with the mask. I don't recognize the mask. 

Also, please, please, please give us some real form of MODOK. Either set it up for a future CA movie or have him show up in some capacity for at least one show setting him up for next season. I'm begging. My interest level is already high. That alone would raise it even more. 

Did Wanda actually bring Vision back to life after she stole his body? I’m confused about the explanation of the SWORD guy when he said she stole his body and brought him back to life, but then she told the boys she can’t bring anyone back to life, and she already briefly saw Vision in his deceased state. It may not have actually been explained yet, but I thought they made an attempt to explain through the SWORD guy and I’m confused. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Did Wanda actually bring Vision back to life after she stole his body? I’m confused about the explanation of the SWORD guy when he said she stole his body and brought him back to life, but then she told the boys she can’t bring anyone back to life, and she already briefly saw Vision in his deceased state. It may not have actually been explained yet, but I thought they made an attempt to explain through the SWORD guy and I’m confused. 

I don't think it's been explained. I think the SWORD director was trying to say she brought him back to life, but there's no evidence that he's actually alive.

1 hour ago, Padawan Knight said:

I don't think it's been explained. I think the SWORD director was trying to say she brought him back to life, but there's no evidence that he's actually alive.

That makes sense. It raises so many questions, if he’s still dead and it’s all a grief-stricken creation, one has to wonder how Vision has agency and able to argue with Wanda. And then you have to ask are the twins actually real or just a creation. I still think there’s other forces at play and Agnes is going to be revealed as part of/behind that. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Yeah, they're (in universe) still trying to figure it out. She says she can't raise the dead, but Vision seems to contradict that, but maybe reanimating a synthezoid is different than bringing back a human, but maybe she's not doing it at all, or maybe she's just channeling something/one else's power, but maybe ....

And so forth.

11 hours ago, Carter said:

I changed my mind about WandaVision lol it’s getting really really good now. When Wanda came out and took over the soldiers minds and made them all point their guns at the feds I was like whoa... and she tells them it will be her only warning. Their ability to ratchet up tense moments in this show has been outstanding.

Absolutely. When they almost came to blows in that episode, Vision scared and angry in a way we wouldn't expect from a non-human, it was pretty nerve wracking.

Did you notice that he mentioned Vision's living will and his desire not to be brought back or repurposed yet the shot of the lab showed his body had been completely dismantled? He's accusing Wanda of ignoring Vision's specific wishes but SWORD was already violating them.

A lot of people are making note of the gun scene and wondering if it was just an example of the show paying homage to the Fox X-Men by having Wanda flick her hand as she walked away. It's almost exactly the same motion Magneto makes in X-Men: Dark Phoenix. That's leading some to believe that Magneto will pop up in the last week or so of WandaVision.

14 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Did you notice that he mentioned Vision's living will and his desire not to be brought back or repurposed yet the shot of the lab showed his body had been completely dismantled? He's accusing Wanda of ignoring Vision's specific wishes but SWORD was already violating them.

Yup. I mean, they must have had his body for years at that point (given that he died at the snap five years prior) and they were clearly trying to use it in some probably nefarious way.

Fox’s Quicksilver showing up was very strange and a very interesting twist. I’m interested to see how that plays out because they recognized each other immediately but, unlike MCU where they are close with each other, there was never an appearance or mention of Wanda or Scarlet Witch in the Fox films. Also he went by Peter in the Fox films but was introduced as Pietro in Wandavision. So I’m not entirely sure the 2 universes will be connected at all, but we’ll see.

Scarlet Witch is famously unstable and on the higher end of power. I like how the governments fear and distrust of her plays into the X-Men atmosphere so to speak. I liked how they mentioned Wanda and Captain Marvel both were capable of taking on Thanos one on one. Then Monica wants nothing to do with talking about Captain Marvel, which is not like her at all from what we know to this point.

Layers of storytelling all throughout. I keep loving the work they’re doing on MCU.

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Fox’s Quicksilver showing up was very strange and a very interesting twist. I’m interested to see how that plays out because they recognized each other immediately but, unlike MCU where they are close with each other, there was never an appearance or mention of Wanda or Scarlet Witch in the Fox films. Also he went by Peter in the Fox films but was introduced as Pietro in Wandavision. So I’m not entirely sure the 2 universes will be connected at all, but we’ll see.

Scarlet Witch is famously unstable and on the higher end of power. I like how the governments fear and distrust of her plays into the X-Men atmosphere so to speak. I liked how they mentioned Wanda and Captain Marvel both were capable of taking on Thanos one on one. Then Monica wants nothing to do with talking about Captain Marvel, which is not like her at all from what we know to this point.

Layers of storytelling all throughout. I keep loving the work they’re doing on MCU.

Wanda being viewed as a terrorist is the perfect introduction for X-Men j to the MCU given the long running theme of human and government distrust of/bigotry towards mutants. We saw that in the earlier Avenger films, but I assume everyone was ok with them undoing The Blip. But just a couple of weeks later Wanda is going nuts and kidnapping 1000 people. 

I wonder if Monica is mad at Capt Marvel because she never came back to earth in between 1995 and Endgame, or if her mom’s work on SWORD led to her cancer. 

10 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

If Magneto shows up in WandaVison I think I will just pull a Lonely Island.

Olsen said there would be a cameo on the level of the big cameo in the s2 finale of Mandolorian, and while I saw a lot of folks on Twitter speculate it would be Pietro, I don’t think he rises to that level, introduction of the X-Men into the MCU not withstanding. 

I think Magneto is the better comparison to “holy ****!” level of the Mando reveal. 

Going back a couple episodes, kinda weird the police saying there is no Westview and they are from Eastview, not just for the Westview sign being right behind them..... but they were outside the bubble when that happened and we only saw the mind control work outside the bubble when Wanda was in the immediate vicinity (plus they had red eyes when she did it).

The small bits of Hydra stuff also remains unanswered. We’ve had the introduction to SWORD, which is the natural follow up to SHIELD. But remember, SHIELD is no more because Hydra infiltrated them and worked their way up to the highest levels.

It would be cool if Nathaniel Essex (who becomes Mister Sinister) is involved in this. Not just because he’s a crazy good villain who manipulates from the shadows, but he was teased in one of the Fox films already and could be a fantastic adversary tying all kinds of storylines into a mainline push toward X-Men or even Fantastic 4.

17 minutes ago, Carter said:

Going back a couple episodes, kinda weird the police saying there is no Westview and they are from Eastview, not just for the Westview sign being right behind them..... but they were outside the bubble when that happened and we only saw the mind control work outside the bubble when Wanda was in the immediate vicinity (plus they had red eyes when she did it).

The small bits of Hydra stuff also remains unanswered. We’ve had the introduction to SWORD, which is the natural follow up to SHIELD. But remember, SHIELD is no more because Hydra infiltrated them and worked their way up to the highest levels.

It would be cool if Nathaniel Essex (who becomes Mister Sinister) is involved in this. Not just because he’s a crazy good villain who manipulates from the shadows, but he was teased in one of the Fox films already and could be a fantastic adversary tying all kinds of storylines into a mainline push toward X-Men or even Fantastic 4.

The scene with the cops was definitely weird and unresolved. The earliest hint that it’s not just Wanda manipulating things inside the Hex. 

48 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Olsen said there would be a cameo on the level of the big cameo in the s2 finale of Mandolorian, and while I saw a lot of folks on Twitter speculate it would be Pietro, I don’t think he rises to that level, introduction of the X-Men into the MCU not withstanding. 

I think Magneto is the better comparison to “holy ****!” level of the Mando reveal. 

Indeed.

3 hours ago, Carter said:

I know I'm getting ahead of things here, but if Wanda recognizes Peter/Pietro Maximoff from the Fox universe, what's that going to mean for the rumored appearances of Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield's Peter Parkers? Will people in the MCEU recognize them? There's speculation one is going to be killed the way he was killed in Across The Spiderverse, which might be both cruel (to the fans of those movies) but also cool to see that dealing with murderous superpowered beings might result in you being, well murdered. Raises the stakes.

That brings to mind Sony. I wonder if Marvel has control over their scripts to make sure they don't gum up the Disneyverse with even more logical holes? At this point, even casual fans are going to jump as soon as something doesn't make sense.

48 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I know I'm getting ahead of things here, but if Wanda recognizes Peter/Pietro Maximoff from the Fox universe, what's that going to mean for the rumored appearances of Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield's Peter Parkers? Will people in the MCEU recognize them? There's speculation one is going to be killed the way he was killed in Across The Spiderverse, which might be both cruel (to the fans of those movies) but also cool to see that dealing with murderous superpowered beings might result in you being, well murdered. Raises the stakes.

That brings to mind Sony. I wonder if Marvel has control over their scripts to make sure they don't gum up the Disneyverse with even more logical holes? At this point, even casual fans are going to jump as soon as something doesn't make sense.

Wow. I hate to quote myself but somebody just tweeted what might be the most mind-blowing theory yet. I doubt even Marvel Studios could come up with something on this level.