Marvel Cinematic Universe

35 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s not terrible, it’s just a weird way to do a show lol. It feels silly and disjointed most of the time. It’s clearly building to something and I’m impatiently waiting for it 😩

That's more than enough for me not to want to watch it without seeing the huge twist in the middle

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, the first two episodes were more interesting because of subtext than for anything they showed. We're starting to see that "for the children" was not what we thought it was about. Also that when Mrs. Hart was saying "stop it" in the first episode, she was talking to Wanda, who caused her husband's choking episode, not to her husband, which seemed loopy.

Turns out, everything that was odd, out of place or silly was a plot device. That kept me interested enough for the final 5 minutes of episode 3 which were actually the moment that I wanted to see, where the tone shifted from silly to serious. The look she gave Geraldine made me wonder if it was about to shift into horror.

I can see why a lot of people don't care for it but for right now, I'm sold.

Disney insisting on making back the production budget for Black Widow. They can always put it on Disney+ a month or so sooner to boost streaming revenues. I can't imagine how streaming services account for income based on individual properties.

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Disney insisting on making back the production budget for Black Widow. They can always put it on Disney+ a month or so sooner to boost streaming revenues. I can't imagine how streaming services account for income based on individual properties.

They got my ficking hopes up advertising for Disney+ just yesterday. Pieces of ****

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I would be so down for this. Would love it if they brought him back as a good guy and made him the new black panther 

I just told somebody on Twitter that I'd like to see him more as an anti-hero than the iconically ideal good guy T'Challa. T'Challa and T'Chaka were both flawed, as most rulers are. But they were flawed in service to the crown and not self. If they were to bring Killmonger back, I wouldn't want him to be a bad guy Black Panther, but I'd like to see him as morally ambiguous as he was in the first movie. I talked with people who saw him as the hero of that film.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

I just told somebody on Twitter that I'd like to see him more as an anti-hero than the iconically ideal good guy T'Challa. T'Challa and T'Chaka were both flawed, as most rulers are. But they were flawed in service to the crown and not self. If they were to bring Killmonger back, I wouldn't want him to be a bad guy Black Panther, but I'd like to see him as morally ambiguous as he was in the first movie. I talked with people who saw him as the hero of that film.

I would love that man. Alot of people on Twitter trying to blow it off. Screw that. MBJ earned the chance to bring the character back IMO

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I would love that man. Alot of people on Twitter trying to blow it off. Screw that. MBJ earned the chance to bring the character back IMO

Me too. Black Twitter had multiple debates about whether Killmonger was justified in his ambition. Personally, when he killed his girlfriend and Zuri, he lost any sympathy from me. That's why he was probably the best character in any MCEU movie. Zemo had similar motivations but he wasn't written as well.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Me too. Black Twitter had multiple debates about whether Killmonger was justified in his ambition. Personally, when he killed his girlfriend and Zuri, he lost any sympathy from me. That's why he was probably the best character in any MCEU movie. Zemo had similar motivations but he wasn't written as well.

Completely agree. 

On the flip side with Zero, his story continues in Falcon and The Winter Soldier so they have a chance to right their wrong

It takes some good writing to come up with a good bad guy. Being evil for sake of being evil is kind of a lame concept because nobody thinks he is the bad guy in his own story. I always used to chafe at Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants because of that.

George Washington was a terrorist to the Brits and he's only remembered as a hero because his side won. Even dudes in prison for some of the worst stuff think they're the victims in their own stories. Murderous inclination aside, Killmonger's motives could well be mine or those of most of my associates.

Heck, even Thanos thought he was doing the right thing.

6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It takes some good writing to come up with a good bad guy. Being evil for sake of being evil is kind of a lame concept because nobody thinks he is the bad guy in his own story. I always used to chafe at Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants because of that.

George Washington was a terrorist to the Brits and he's only remembered as a hero because his side won. Even dudes in prison for some of the worst stuff think they're the victims in their own stories. Murderous inclination aside, Killmonger's motives could well be mine or those of most of my associates.

Heck, even Thanos thought he was doing the right thing.

💯

**** in some ways, Thanos idea was brilliant, just look at the America we live in today. I would love to snap away half of humanity lol. 

There's an appreciation for what both wanted to accomplish. Like you said, Killmongers motives are relatable. 

To be clear about where I’m at with Wandavision, I’m fully aware that I will probably love the show once it gets further along. These first 4 episodes have just been some really weird television. I feel like the idea that it would work better as a full season binge is pretty on point. There isn’t much to discuss about the show yet and that’s disappointing considering we’re 4 episodes through a 9 episode season. The twist/reveal that’s coming soon will change my perspective I’m sure

7 hours ago, Carter said:

To be clear about where I’m at with Wandavision, I’m fully aware that I will probably love the show once it gets further along. These first 4 episodes have just been some really weird television. I feel like the idea that it would work better as a full season binge is pretty on point. There isn’t much to discuss about the show yet and that’s disappointing considering we’re 4 episodes through a 9 episode season. The twist/reveal that’s coming soon will change my perspective I’m sure

The fact that there's only about 20-25 minutes of actual content really attributes to that.

20 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I would be so down for this. Would love it if they brought him back as a good guy and made him the new black panther 

How do they bring him back?  I know it's a comic book movie, but assuming it takes place, but there's got to be a mechanism for it. I actually rewatched Endgame Sunday night, but wasn't the gauntlet/stones destroyed after Stark used it?  I know Thanos destroyed them at the beginning, but then they got them back through time travel.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

How do they bring him back?  I know it's a comic book movie, but assuming it takes place, but there's got to be a mechanism for it. I actually rewatched Endgame Sunday night, but wasn't the gauntlet/stones destroyed after Stark used it?  I know Thanos destroyed them at the beginning, but then they got them back through time travel.

Not sure but there's one thing to keep in mind. They only showed him shove that blade into his chest and fall. No funeral or anything else. Could be revealed that they moved him somewhere else then put that Heart of Wakanda drink from the herb in his mouth and force it down and bring him back. There's a way to do it. I just don't know how but that's the most logical that i can think of. 

As far as the stones go, they weren't destroyed, they just took them back to where they originally came from. 

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not sure but there's one thing to keep in mind. They only showed him shove that blade into his chest and fall. No funeral or anything else. Could be revealed that they moved him somewhere else then put that Heart of Wakanda drink from the herb in his mouth and force it down and bring him back. There's a way to do it. I just don't know how but that's the most logical that i can think of. 

As far as the stones go, they weren't destroyed, they just took them back to where they originally came from. 

Thanks.  Coogler/Feige haven't responded, but MBJ starred in Coogler's first two films. It makes sense, even as a cameo/flashback.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Thanks.  Coogler/Feige haven't responded, but MBJ starred in Coogler's first two films. It makes sense, even as a cameo/flashback.

I know alot of people have expressed that they don't want him to return but screw that. I know Shuri eventually becomes BP but I feel it's too soon in the movie series. I was hoping for BP vs M'Baku aka Man Ape in some fashion in BP2 but everything is leaning towards Namor. Still, I just hope that they find away to reincorporate Killmonger and save Shuri until the 3rd film. 

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well he did mention wanting to be buried in The ocean.

If they are Indeed dead set on Namor then that could be how he comes back....Atlantis revives him.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Well he did mention wanting to be buried in The ocean.

If they are Indeed dead set on Namor then that could be how he comes back....Atlantis revives him.

Death is better than bondage. I felt that ****

But yeah. I agree. Like I said, there's a way to do it. NOW DO IT COOGLER