Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,192 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, atl falcon 89 said:

So I liked the movie but was anyone else disappointed the villain was just some dude. (particularly for such a huge event) I feel like I missed something there. The guy infiltrated a heavily guarded facility, had footage of the Winter Soldier (an entity so elusive most of the intelligence community cannot agree if he exsits) assassinates a head of state, turns the planets greatest heroes against each other forever re-writing the way the world's goverments will interact with thier enhanced beings.

Not bad for just some random guy whose family was collateral. I'm thinking I must have missed some bit of dialog pertaining to his background. 

I haven't seen it just yet but I can assure you that Baron Zemo isn't just some dude. 

35 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I haven't seen it just yet but I can assure you that Baron Zemo isn't just some dude. 

Ah I don't know my marvel source material half as well as I do DC

9 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Ah I don't know my marvel source material half as well as I do DC

Zemo is the leader of the masters of evil. Don't know if they will incorporate them in any of the movies or anything. It would most likely have to be in the first infinity war movie if I had to guess

The most wanted show with Bobbi and Hunter won't be happening now. Hopefully they bring then back to the show next season, at least Bobbi

I thought Civil war was pretty good... Marvel seems to keep spitting out good movies .... I just want DC to start getting their movies on point looking forward to see'n Flash on the big screen

10 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Zemo is the leader of the masters of evil. Don 't know if they will incorpinrate them in any of the movies or anything. It would most likely have to be in the first infinity war movie if I had to guess

Its why I feel like I missed something or else they left something out. I came away with the impression he was just some random father whose family was caught in the collateral of NYC/Sakovia (not sure which as he has an eastern bloc accent but shrugs off the whole Sakovia thing like he could otherwise care less which made me wonder if they weren't killed after immigrating to NY)

Not to spoil too much more for you than already have but I don't remember them throwing any background for him to posses any particular sets of skills or influence. All the same he arguably caused more damage than any one Hydra agent I could ever remember. And he was privy to information even Fury (presumably) didn't know.

1 hour ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Its why I feel like I missed something or else they left something out. I came away with the impression he was just some random father whose family was caught in the collateral of NYC/Sakovia (not sure which as he has an eastern bloc accent but shrugs off the whole Sakovia thing like he could otherwise care less which made me wonder if they weren't killed after immigrating to NY)

Not to spoil too much more for you than already have but I don't remember them throwing any background for him to posses any particular sets of skills or influence. All the same he arguably caused more damage than any one Hydra agent I could ever remember. And he was privy to information even Fury (presumably) didn't know.

He's a big time baddie. I'm gonna assume they have long term plans for him. If not then he's just another villain marvel ruined. I'll be watching it tonight after my daughter heads to grandma's house. 

The movie was good. I wouldn't say it was better than the winter soldier but it was good. Zemo will definitely be back in evil form with his crew. 

And I'm probably the only person here or in America who isn't really looking forward to a black panther stand alone movie. 

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And I'm probably the only person here or in America who isn't really looking forward to a black panther stand alone movie. 

What???

Are you a Commie or something??

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

What???

Are you a Commie or something??

It is what it is. I'm not like the rest of the world 

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

It is what it is. I'm not like the rest of the world 

You know it's not going to be an origin because we probably just got all of the origin we need for Black Panther.

As for CW and where it ranks for me in the MU...

I put it up there at the top with the Winter Soldier, Avengers, and Guardians. I'll have to watch it again to know exactly where.

6 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

You know it's not going to be an origin because we probably just got all of the origin we need for Black Panther.

That doesn't make me feel any better about his solo movie

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That doesn't make me feel any better about his solo movie

Just speculation but I bet those dudes from Age of Ultron who were strip mining vibranium could show up in his movie. I look for it to resemble a Tarzan movie or a Avatar movie with some environmentalist overtones.

11 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

Just speculation but I bet those dudes from Age of Ultron who were strip mining vibranium could show up in his movie. I look for it to resemble a Tarzan movie or a Avatar movie with some environmentalist overtones.

Pretty sure they will considering who Ulysses Klaus is. I'm not into avatar type movies so that gives me no hope either

2 more things then I'm done. 

Michael B. Jordan is cast for the black panther movie. Most likely the/a villain. 

Why on earth didnt they let widow and shuri throw down. Like t'challa said, "as fun as that would be to watch" 

I didn't even have to watch the movie to assume Luther and Zemo shared similarities as far as their role in each individual movie goes. IGN just posted this today

3. The Plan

Both films feature villains with a plan to pit superhero-against-superhero.

Jesse Eisenberg Justifies Lex Luthor's Crazy Batman v Superman Plan - IGN News

neon_0001_medium.jpg

In BvS, Lex Luthor – fuelled by hubris and a major inferiority complex – manipulates both Batman and Superman, orchestrating events to fuel their dislike of each other in the hope that they’ll fight to the death. And to make sure that happens he kidnaps Martha Kent and tells Superman that he’ll kill her unless he takes down Batman. The plan fails however, because both their mum's are called Martha.

In Civil War, Zemo – avenging the death of his family in Sokovia – hatches a plan to tear the Avengers apart from within. That scheme revolves around locating a tape that shows The Winter Soldier killing Howard and Maria Stark. Tony understandably becomes incensed when he views it; the finale a brutal three-way battle between him, Cap and Bucky. Thanks to their all-round sense of decency it ends before anyone dies, but the team is nevertheless on its knees by the end of the film.

Just finished watching a clip from the season finale. I'm relieved for now because who I originally thought would die might just die

Really well done movie!  

Loved that they did Black Panther justice.  Was one of my favorite characters as a kid and I'm still in disbelief that they're giving him a movie.

Tried to avoid learning much about the movie but I knew Spidey was in it.  Still thought his introduction was well done.  

What I did not expect was Hawkeye returning or Ant-Man popping in.  Nice touches and also a good thing that Thor and Hulk were NOT in this movie.

I knew the Civil War story line would differ from the comics so I was curious how it would work and I think they did a great job with making the issue a different one but still creating the division between Cap's camp and Tony's camp.  SuperHero registration would kind of seem like a knock off of Mutant registration from X2.  

I give Marvel a ton of credit for the resurrection of Captain America.  Personally, he was not one of my favorites coming up but I've loved the last two movies and I feel like the public is generally a lot more interested in the character as well.  They were smart to tie these last two movies to the other characters though.

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, biloxifalcon said:

****! Seriously?

Yep. Normally when shows like that get bumped to that time slot they don't last much longer. Would make for a perfect Netflix show if they can keep coming up with story lines and can also have great crossovers