Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

2,999 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

daily-afternoon-randomness-in-hq-47-phot

Why all of the blank caps? I guess super heroes have no interest....not a single fan of anything among them.

2 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

Why all of the blank caps? I guess super heroes have no interest....not a single fan of anything among them.

Maybe it would have been considered advertising?

Good episode of SHIELD

Fact: I am mentally incapable of seeing  John Hannah or the actor that played Crixus without shouting "Jupiter's ****"

This movie was good as hell! That's the short version of my analysis xD 

Anyway, after seeing this movie, it just piss me off even more thinking about what BVS could have and should have been.  Marvel has proven once again they know how to handle these comic book characters. At no point in this movie I felt bored or not engaged in the storyline, and even though this movie had a ton of characters, the directors did a great job of balancing the screen time while not having a feeling of anything being forced.  Rarely do you see a comic book movie that can relay two conflicting messages while having the audience sympathetic to both.

Action wise, HO-LEE-SHIT, some of the best action sequences in a comic book movie I've ever seen, and that airport scene, well lets just say the trailers gave nothing away, and was easily the best part of the film IMO. The action also felt necessary, meaning the scenes didn't feel tacked on, or forced. I hate to keep bringing up BVS, but this movie succeeded in not having many unneeded scenes, while the former felt like many scenes with no context were just thrown together.

Oh, I almost forgot, Black Panther and Spiderman stole the show IMO, and I cannot wait until their solo films. This version of SM felt like the most genuine and in line with how the character was always envisioned (Toby and Andrew weren't bad though). Black Panther is the ******* man, and his scenes were cool as ****!

My only gripe with the movie (and it's a small one), would be the villain. Marvel has never been great with there on screen villains, even though the marvel villains are some of the best in the comics. In this one, the main bad guy is more of a afterthought cause of all the other cool shit going on lol, but like I said, it's only a small complaint.

Overall this movie was a home-run, and I'm probably going to go check it out again when the crowds die down, cause I could hardly catch everything the way the audience was going crazy in the theater I saw it at. I purposely left out a lot from this review because I didn't want to spoil anything, but just trust there will be some surprises. 9.5/10

sdogg and falconsd56 like this

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I heard Zemo was a huge letdown and basically used the same tactics as Luther in regards of a certain fight sequence in the movie

He was much different than my expectations but I wasn't disappointed. I really had not thought of the Luthor comparison though.:lol:

Who knows...had I known as much about Zemo as I did Luthor before hand I may have been disappointed.

9 hours ago, meezy0236 said:

This movie was good as hell! That's the short version of my analysis xD 

Anyway, after seeing this movie, it just piss me off even more thinking about what BVS could have and should have been.  Marvel has proven once again they know how to handle these comic book characters. At no point in this movie I felt bored or not engaged in the storyline, and even though this movie had a ton of characters, the directors did a great job of balancing the screen time while not having a feeling of anything being forced.  Rarely do you see a comic book movie that can relay two conflicting messages while having the audience sympathetic to both.

Action wise, HO-LEE-SHIT, some of the best action sequences in a comic book movie I've ever seen, and that airport scene, well lets just say the trailers gave nothing away, and was easily the best part of the film IMO. The action also felt necessary, meaning the scenes didn't feel tacked on, or forced. I hate to keep bringing up BVS, but this movie succeeded in not having many unneeded scenes, while the former felt like many scenes with no context were just thrown together.

Oh, I almost forgot, Black Panther and Spiderman stole the show IMO, and I cannot wait until their solo films. This version of SM felt like the most genuine and in line with how the character was always envisioned (Toby and Andrew weren't bad though). Black Panther is the ******* man, and his scenes were cool as ****!

My only gripe with the movie (and it's a small one), would be the villain. Marvel has never been great with there on screen villains, even though the marvel villains are some of the best in the comics. In this one, the main bad guy is more of a afterthought cause of all the other cool shit going on lol, but like I said, it's only a small complaint.

Overall this movie was a home-run, and I'm probably going to go check it out again when the crowds die down, cause I could hardly catch everything the way the audience was going crazy in the theater I saw it at. I purposely left out a lot from this review because I didn't want to spoil anything, but just trust there will be some surprises. 9.5/10

Nice write up..... the girl and I are going to the drive in tonight to see it.......... I have been geeked about this for months!

meezy0236 likes this