Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,192 posts in this topic

Agreed with all of that. If DC would make live-action adaptations of their animated movies they'd be hanging right there with Marvel.

The New 52 is a joyless pit of despair and bleakness, which works perfectly fine for Batman, but it makes everything else completely unreadable.

DC biggest problem will always be that the only interesting and marketable characters they have are all in the Justice League, and nearly every other thing is ****. Constantine and Swamp Thing could be great, but they're not.

With all due respect, I'd like to keep this thread as a discussion of the Avengers universe. If we need to discuss Marvel vs DC, let's create a new thread.

ya_boi_j likes this

For my part I enjoy the New 52 but that has more to do with how young the continuity of its universe is, it's pretty easy for me to jump into. I wanted to get into some Marvel stuff but honestly have no idea where to begin. The last thing I want to do is play the "let's catch up on a decade of missed reading" game.

For my part I enjoy the New 52 but that has more to do with how young the continuity of its universe is, it's pretty easy for me to jump into. I wanted to get into some Marvel stuff but honestly have no idea where to begin. The last thing I want to do is play the "let's catch up on a decade of missed reading" game.

You would NEVER catch up man. Just way too many good titles and stories, and a ton of crossovers from title to title. Just pick up a character you like and just go from there.

You would NEVER catch up man. Just way too many good titles and stories and a ton of crossovers from title to title. Just pick up a character you like and just go from there.

:D Yeah but I'm such an OCD completionist I'd read an issue, they'd reference another story arc I'd go find it and before you know it I'm trapped down the rabbit hole.

That's why I wish comics would stop numbering their issues, and just compile them by story-arcs.

For instance I currently read Batman, Batman Eternal, Cyclops, Star-Lord, and Elektra and have those books on my pull list, but I also have picked up Batman Detective Comics starting with issue #30 when a brand-new creative team of Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato took over. The story arc that they're on is called Icarus and it has been pretty incredible, but I do get annoyed looking at 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34 sitting up in the corner and not having 1-29.

I called Truthhurts a dickbag and I assume he reported me. The same thread I called him a dickbag in was full of him calling me a b*tch and a puzzy and calling another poster a sick f*ck but he was suspiciously left un-banned, and the thread was deleted.

Just a bitchmade being a bitchmade. Standard operating procedure for a large portion of this message board.

That's why I wish comics would stop numbering their issues, and just compile them by story-arcs.

For instance I currently read Batman, Batman Eternal, Cyclops, emphasize at mand Elektra and have those books on my pull list, but I also have picked up Batman Detective Comics starting with issue #30 whit's a brand-new creative team of Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato took over. The story arc that they're on is called Icarus and it has been pretty incredible, but I do get annoyed looking at 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34 sitting up in the corner and not having 1-29.

I'm loving Batman Eternal, it's very well written and illustrated. Batman's dectective side is one if my more favorite aspects of his character (Frankly I just love detective stuff in general).But Detective comics doesnt really emphaize a detective slant anymore than any of the other current batman titles , its just another outlet for more batman stories, to me it's been nothing special you haven't missed anything. (The Gothopia story line was a huge disappointment). Should be starting #30 soon so I'm glad to hear it picks up.

I'm loving Batman Eternal, it's very well written and illustrated. Batman's dectective side is one if my more favorite aspects of his character (Frankly I just love detective stuff in general).But Detective comics doesnt really emphaize a detective slant anymore than any of the other current batman titles , its just another outlet for more batman stories, to me it's been nothing special you haven't missed anything. (The Gothopia story line was a huge disappointment). Should be starting #30 soon so I'm glad to hear it picks up.

Detective Comics sucked until the new team took over, and now it has really gone back to emphasizing Batman's detective skills for the first time since Scott Snyder was on the book.

AF89 likes this

Watched a new Marvel animated movie last night. Ironman & Captain America: Heroes United. Gosh that stunk! I absolutely hate this new animation everyone is trying to make popular. I am an unashamed lover of animated movies, especially of Marvel movies. Can't stand the stupid CG animation though. Yuck!

Watched a new Marvel animated movie last night. Ironman & Captain America: Heroes United gosh that stunk! I absolutely hate this new animation everyone is trying to make popular. I am an unashamed lover of animated movies, especially of Marvel movies. Can't stand the stupid CG animation though. Yuck!

Yeah I've been trying to get into Beware the Batman on Adult Swim but in addition to it featuring some of the lamer villans from the Bat's rouges gallery (also Kantana is sorta-Robin and Alfred looks like an extra from Gears of War) I don't like the CGI look either. I guess it's what the kids are into these days I dunno, only show with that style Ive ever enjoyed is maybe the clone wars.

Tuggle'2 likes this

Yeah I've been trying to get into Beware the Batman on Adult Swim but in addition to it featuring some of the lamer villans from the Bat's rouges gallery I don't like the CGI look either. I guess it's what the kids are into these days I dunno, only show with that style Ive ever enjoyed is maybe the clone wars.

I did enjoy Clone Wars. They used it but didn't take it too far IMO. That movie last night was just cheesy because of it. That new Star Wars show coming out looks good. I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Looks to be the same animation as Clone Wars though.

I did enjoy Clone Wars. They used it but didn't take it too far IMO. That movie last night was just cheesy because of it. That Star Wars show coming out looks good. I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Looks to be the same animation as Clone Wars though.

Yeah there were some boring episodes here and there (not to mention Jar Jar filler) but overall it was a pretty good series. I'm somewhat of a war junkie and it was cool when certain episode story arcs would just start off in the middle of an epic campaign and just kept it going. Only other cartoon I ever remember doing any thing close was some of the old Gundam Wing series. I'd definitely be intrested in checking out any spin offs they do. CGI is still preferable to "Lego" :P

I need to keep a better eye on this thread haha.

My only question for DC fans is why does everyone who is a DC fan believe Superman is the greatest everything?

for instance the hulk vs superman fights, I will give credit as I believe sups can win. what everyone states that if some do not believe sups can win they go into the superman prime argument....

I believe this new superman decided to sunbath for 15000 years while everyone on earth dies while he sits there and watches... he basically becomes invincible and goes to search for the last green lantern ring....

why is it that DC comics makes a hero like this? someone who cannot be destroyed in the dc world and is just overly too powerful because at this point he is a selfish jerkoff who watched earth destroy itself so he could become all powerful... lame.

as you can tell i'm not a DC fan at all.

and lets use this fight as a for instance that everyone claims sups will easily win.

Goku vs Superman

goku is not human, he is an alien so does this mean that he cannot go toe to toe with sups on any given time? I do not believe so, two aliens fighting(who both can seem pretty indestructible if you think about it).

all the superman fanboys clamor over the fact that no one can beat superman prime it is just impossible, but why is it? goku is an alien from an alternate universe who has the abilities in his fingertips to destroy galaxies.

all the dbz fanboys will just go on and on about goku being the best because of his abilities and raw power.

I am asking you guys, without any death battle info but your own info on why you think sups or goku would win this. I personally believe goku would come out on top. but then again I am not at all a fan of DC comics.

the only marvel characters I believe could easily kills sups is Franklin Richards.

Sorry

No worries.

Yall know padawin Knight gone beat yall *** right lol

Ha ha. If I really cared, I'd just create a DC vs Marvel thread. Oh, wait...