Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,240 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

 

That looks awesome. Like Mission Impossible but in the Marvel universe. It sucks that Ike Perlmutter’s terrible *** wouldn’t let this movie happen sooner, but it is what it is. I’ve been waiting for another Winter Soldier-type movie, and this looks exactly like that. 
 

Black Widow is one of my favorite comic characters, and I’d love for them to go back and fill in the gaps in her story that we’ve heard bits and pieces of, but it seems a little too late for all that. 

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

TBH, I have zero. I liked her character but when I didn't get chills after she died, I knew I wouldn't want to see a movie. Especially an origin that will likely never get a sequel now

 

I have zero interest as well. She was a decent sidekick hero, but nothing special. I think the only reason why this movie is being made now is to just have another female driven superhero movie. I think it's a bit too late to be making this movie.

 

I was hoping that Taskmaster was used as a villain for another hero because he's very unique. Unless they bring him back to fight other heroes, I think it's bad to waste him on a character that has already met her demise.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

 

I'd be cool with Jackman returning. But what about Professor X, Magneto, and the other X-Men cast?

 

I doubt they'd want any part of Fox's X-Men franchise in connection with the MCU.

 

If the MCU was to reboot X-Men, it will be interesting how they will go about it if Jackman was to return as Wolverine and still not have any connection or fan confusion to the Fox franchise.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

I wonder how much interest people will have to see this movie now that everyone already knows Black Widows fate?

 

I think Disney/Marvel is testing the waters a bit with this movie. If this prequel works out well, then that may open the door to Marvel/Disney to make movies that still tie into the infinity saga that they couldn't do at the time.

 

For example, If Disney ever somehow gain the full rights to the Hulk.

 

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

TBH, I have zero. I liked her character but when I didn't get chills after she died, I knew I wouldn't want to see a movie. Especially an origin that will likely never get a sequel now

The introduction of the multi-verse made her return inevitable, IMO. I didn't feel much when she died either because I expect another version of her to return halfway through the next phase. The multi-verse presents a huge opportunity for do-overs/cop outs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

I'd be cool with Jackman returning. But what about Professor X, Magneto, and the other X-Men cast?

 

I doubt they'd want any part of Fox's X-Men franchise in connection with the MCU.

 

If the MCU was to reboot X-Men, it will be interesting how they will go about it if Jackman was to return as Wolverine and still not have any connection or fan confusion to the Fox franchise.

I hope they start fresh. Would love to see a buff angry little dude playing Logan. Jackman was the lone bright spot of the Fox movies, but  I always liked the fact that he was very short in the comics. It added to how bad he really was. I remember my brother had the issue of The Incredible Hulk that introduced him and I was a fan instantly.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

 

The introduction of the multi-verse made her return inevitable, IMO. I didn't feel much when she died either because I expect another version of her to return halfway through the next phase. The multi-verse presents a huge opportunity for do-overs/cop outs.

 

Yeah, the multiverse definitely presents unlimited opportunities for characters and storylines.

 

 

Also, I've been hearing that there are 8 MCU film slots in 2022-2023 that will be announced in the near future. I'm pretty sure some of those will be Spider-Man 3 and hopefully Fantastic 4. Probably Ant-Man 3 as well.

 

JayOzOne and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

interesting theory. Namor is a lock from the hints provided so far. Don't know about Doom unless it's a post credit FF setup

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/12/02/black-panther-2-poster-dr-doom-namor-sub-mariner-mcu/?fbclid=IwAR3YDT2JjN8arY9ZzSoN_HCQDkBpFN1K6eZV2HxESOlxIdPGNe6RfNGDBR8

That's a pretty cruddy looking poster, IMO. There's been speculation that Doom will be the primary antagonist on a few sites. I doubt Marvel and Ryan Coogler aren't actively dealing in disinformation. Wouldn't be surprised to find that the principal actors have a different scripts with the knowledge that leaks can be tracked back to them based on details that exist in each specific script.

DawnOfThemBirds and ya_boi_j like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

That's a pretty cruddy looking poster, IMO. There's been speculation that Doom will be the primary antagonist on a few sites. I doubt Marvel and Ryan Coogler aren't actively dealing in disinformation. Wouldn't be surprised to find that the principal actors have a different scripts with the knowledge that leaks can be tracked back to them based on details that exist in each specific script.

It's a fan poster so you know how we do :lol::lol:

In Infinity Wars or Endgame, Okoye mentioned earthquakes under the water that she wanted no part of. That's a direct nod to Namor. With you saying there's speculation that he's going to be in different spots, I can only think that it will lead up to the next Avengers movie with him being the Mastermind behind the villain work in the upcoming movies. 

JayOzOne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

interesting theory. Namor is a lock from the hints provided so far. Don't know about Doom unless it's a post credit FF setup

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/12/02/black-panther-2-poster-dr-doom-namor-sub-mariner-mcu/?fbclid=IwAR3YDT2JjN8arY9ZzSoN_HCQDkBpFN1K6eZV2HxESOlxIdPGNe6RfNGDBR8

 

25 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

That's a pretty cruddy looking poster, IMO. There's been speculation that Doom will be the primary antagonist on a few sites. I doubt Marvel and Ryan Coogler aren't actively dealing in disinformation. Wouldn't be surprised to find that the principal actors have a different scripts with the knowledge that leaks can be tracked back to them based on details that exist in each specific script.

 

As with Hulk, I think Namor and his usage in the MCU is another tricky situation for Marvel.

 

I think Universal owns the distribution rights to him as well. If that's still the case, then Namor debuting in Black Panther 2 becomes even more probable.

 

I think being a secondary character would work better for Namor than the Hulk because Namor is more of an anti-hero.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

As with Hulk, I think Namor and his usage in the MCU is another tricky situation for Marvel.

 

I think Universal owns the distribution rights to him as well. If that's still the case, then Namor debuting in Black Panther 2 becomes even more probable.

 

I think being a secondary character would work better for Namor than the Hulk because Namor is more if an anti-hero.

Take it with a grain but he's also a mutant. Could tie in with the X-Men movie after being introduced in BP2. 

DawnOfThemBirds and JayOzOne like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It's a fan poster so you know how we do :lol::lol:

In Infinity Wars or Endgame, Okoye mentioned earthquakes under the water that she wanted no part of. That's a direct nod to Namor. With you saying there's speculation that he's going to be in different spots, I can only think that it will lead up to the next Avengers movie with him being the Mastermind behind the villain work in the upcoming movies. 

 

10 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

As with Hulk, I think Namor and his usage in the MCU is another tricky situation for Marvel.

 

I think Universal owns the distribution rights to him as well. If that's still the case, then Namor debuting in Black Panther 2 becomes even more probable.

 

I think being a secondary character would work better for Namor than the Hulk because Namor is more of an anti-hero.

Can see Namor as an anti-hero but not a full-out villain. I don't think he's going to be the big bad for any hero or extended story arc, but I can see him being used by another (Doom?) for a villainous purpose. Maybe misdirection, where Atlantis  is thought to be threatened by Wakanda so that Von Doom can conquer both. But I just don't see them taking a character who is equal parts hero, villain, threat and protector and giving him the Thanos (obsessed conqueror) or Zemo (determined mastermind) treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

 

Can see Namor as an anti-hero but not a full-out villain. I don't think he's going to be the big bad for any hero or extended story arc, but I can see him being used by another (Doom?) for a villainous purpose. Maybe misdirection, where Atlantis  is thought to be threatened by Wakanda so that Von Doom can conquer both. But I just don't see them taking a character who is equal parts hero, villain, threat and protector and giving him the Thanos (obsessed conqueror) or Zemo (determined mastermind) treatment.

Speaking of Zemo, I can't wait to see him in true form in the Falcon and Winter Soldier Spin off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Did you watch All Hail The King?

is that the one where dude pulled the gun on trevor in jail?

There's a new short they released a few weeks ago similar but a different setting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

is that the one where dude pulled the gun on trevor in jail?

There's a new short they released a few weeks ago similar but a different setting

Yep. I found him funny to the point that I laughed but was still ticked that they went there. The idea that the Mandarin is real has me geeked to see Shang Chi. Wonder if Marvel's ready for the sweat it will receive from the people who will dig out the old comics and toss sweat at Roy Thomas for creating an Asian hero with goons chasing him that came straight out of old Shaw Brothers movies?

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JayOzOne said:

Yep. I found him funny to the point that I laughed but was still ticked that they went there. The idea that the Mandarin is real has me geeked to see Shang Chi. Wonder if Marvel's ready for the sweat it will receive from the people who will dig out the old comics and toss sweat at Roy Thomas for creating an Asian hero with goons chasing him that came straight out of old Shaw Brothers movies?

Yeah when dude turned out to be a horny actor I was laughing and ticked also. I'll see if I can find the latest short. 

JayOzOne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Yep. I found him funny to the point that I laughed but was still ticked that they went there. The idea that the Mandarin is real has me geeked to see Shang Chi. Wonder if Marvel's ready for the sweat it will receive from the people who will dig out the old comics and toss sweat at Roy Thomas for creating an Asian hero with goons chasing him that came straight out of old Shaw Brothers movies?

I can't find it. It was a dude messing with Trevor again talking about the 10 rings and the Mandarin. Trevor wasn't in jail but I watched it so long ago i'd be searvhing for it all day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I can't find it. It was a dude messing with Trevor again talking about the 10 rings and the Mandarin. Trevor wasn't in jail but I watched it so long ago i'd be searvhing for it all day

I'll search it out. I'm curious as to how Marvel's going to integrate its street level heroes into the super-powered world. I know they gave Shang Chi super powers over the years but like Daredevil, he can't toss cars at bad guys and that distinguishes him from most of the current MCEU heroes (except for Hawkeye and Black Widow). Really wanted to see how they got Luke Cage and Daredevil integrated, but that might be years away. 

But putting Shang Chi in the stories will be interesting. I probably had the first two years' of his comics back in the '70s and was always interested in the Son of Fu Manchu (now the Mandarin). Also want to see how they put Morbius and Blade (and Venom?) in the stories. Apparently Ghost Rider got scrapped. It's hard for me to imagine how the horror comics will be in the same universe as the Eternals and other cosmic level characters.

But I trust Feige. He's focused on keeping the fans and the corporation happy, so let's see if he can do both.

BTW: Tony Leung might be my favorite Hong Kong actor. Casting him as the Mandarin was huge.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now