Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,074 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

My best guess is that everything will eventually make it's way to Hulu(which Disney now fully owns) just like the new Ghost Rider show that was announced a few months ago.

All of the more violent and adult MCU content on Hulu, while the more family/children friendly MCU content on Disney+.

Going to be hard to do because Netflix's contract guarantees that the shows are tied up in limbo for 2 full years before production can begin under a different company. By that time it will certainly be challenging to get not only all the actors lined up for a return due to them possibly being involved in other projects, but also all of the writers, directors, production crew, etc...

I hope it happens, but not giving that much of a chance. 

40 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Going to be hard to do because Netflix's contract guarantees that the shows are tied up in limbo for 2 full years before production can begin under a different company. By that time it will certainly be challenging to get not only all the actors lined up for a return due to them possibly being involved in other projects, but also all of the writers, directors, production crew, etc...

I hope it happens, but not giving that much of a chance. 

Yeah I’ll be surprised if we see any of them again besides Charlie Cox as Daredevil and Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin. There is a huge potential for crossover there with Spider-Man.

I really don’t expect Disney to reboot or carry on any of the Netflix series though.

Ugh..... Woke Thor... boo. I would be interested in Blade, but it's going to be hard to see blade cast as somebody else, other than snipes.

So they go through a few movies as if Jane and Thor are broken up and that Jane will never come back and then boom, Jane is the female Thor. Would have preferred it be Valkyrie or Lady Sif but they gotta follow the comics 

sdogg likes this

8 hours ago, Nereek said:

Ugh..... Woke Thor... boo. I would be interested in Blade, but it's going to be hard to see blade cast as somebody else, other than snipes.

It's sucks getting old sometimes, this is one of those cases. Wesley Snipes was perfect for that role during his time. He is still in extremely good shape for his age now, but he is on his way to 60 years old and may be a little bit too old to play the role over the next decade or so.

Another reason maybe for Marvel distance themselves a good bit from that Blade/Snipes trilogy. My biggest question now is that is Marvel going to let Blade keep it's highly violent nature within the MCU? I find it hard to have Blade films that aren't really violent and not rated R.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

It's sucks getting old sometimes, this is one of those cases. Wesley Snipes was perfect for that role during his time. He is still in extremely good shape for his age now, but he is on his way to 60 years old and may be a little bit too old to play the role over the next decade or so.

Another reason maybe for Marvel distance themselves a good bit from that Blade/Snipes trilogy. My biggest question now is that is Marvel going to let Blade keep it's highly violent nature within the MCU? I find it hard to have Blade films that aren't really violent and not rated R.

Yeah, but Ali is already 45... and isn't ali already in MCU as cottonmouth? I guess the Netflix shows wasn't part of the MCU after all.

Blade needs to be Rated R or it won't work. Just like deadpool.

3 hours ago, Nereek said:

Yeah, but Ali is already 45... and isn't ali already in MCU as cottonmouth? I guess the Netflix shows wasn't part of the MCU after all.

Blade needs to be Rated R or it won't work. Just like deadpool.

Yeah Ali is 45.

But Robert Downey Jr. wasn't that much younger when he was casted as Tony Stark if I can remember. Ali wll more than likely be in his late 50's when he's done playing Blade.

I always thought that Marvel could've found a way to tie Wesley's Blade trilogy into the MCU and just use Snipes sparingly in team ups along with one or two more solo films. What made him special as Blade as well was that he has a very strong real-life martial arts background which helped make the fight scenes look more creditable. Disney would've probably had a problem with it though.

4 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yeah Ali is 45.

But Robert Downey Jr. wasn't that much younger when he was casted as Tony Stark if I can remember. Ali wll more than likely be in his late 50's when he's done playing Blade.

I always thought that Marvel could've found a way to tie Wesley's Blade trilogy into the MCU and just use Snipes sparingly in team ups along with one or two more solo films. What made him special as Blade as well was that he has a very strong real-life martial arts background which helped make the fight scenes look more creditable. Disney would've probably had a problem with it though.

Yeah, but RDJ was the perfect Tony Stark. Like Snipes is the perfect Blade. 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Yeah, but RDJ was the perfect Tony Stark. Like Snipes is the perfect Blade. 

I agree.

Wesley is in great shape despite being almost 60. Marvel could've also used some of the de-aging technology like they used on Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel or Michael Douglas in Ant-Man. Pretty sure he hasn't lost much athleticism either.

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

Tax evasion is a great workout I guess lol

Lmao

Who knew that a day walking vampire/human hybrid wasn't immune to taxes.

Carter likes this

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I agree.

Wesley is in great shape despite being almost 60. Marvel could've also used some of the de-aging technology like they used on Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel or Michael Douglas in Ant-Man. Pretty sure he hasn't lost much athleticism either.

All good things must come to an end with snipes and RDJ.... including marvel studios. For me at least. Marvel went woke, started changing fan favorites for bs PC era. I barely buy any newer marvel comics after 2011 anymore.

Wasn't Snipes supposedly so blasted out of his mind for the third movie and wouldnt come out of his trailer they had to do alot of his scenes digitally (and give Ryan Reynolds extra scenes to pretty much impov?) Supposedly amongst some of those famously toxic movie sets of all time?

Thought I read that somewhere. In any case no director wants that headache (he was a good blade tho)

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

Wasn't Snipes supposedly so blasted out of his mind for the third movie and wouldnt come out of his trailer they had to do alot of his scenes digitally (and give Ryan Reynolds extra scenes to pretty much impov?) Supposedly amongst some of those famously toxic movie sets of all time?

Thought I read that somewhere. In any case no director wants that headache (he was a good blade tho)

Snipes was known to have a bad drug problem back in the day. He also used to beat the ish out of Hallie Berry and her then boyfriend Christopher Williams(who she cheated on with Wesley) got the blame for it which pretty much ended or severely damaged his career.

I think Wesley has since got himself together though. The rise of the MCU just caught him at the wrong age and time in his career. Wesley isn't nearly as relevant or the big box office draw as he once was.

He will go down as the "Adam West" or "Christopher Reeves" of Blade. Since 98', there has never been a time where I thought of Wesley Snipes and didn't think of Blade in the back of my mind.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Snipes was known to have a bad drug problem back in the day. He also used to beat the ish out of Hallie Berry and her then boyfriend Christopher Williams(who she cheated on with Wesley) got the blame for it which pretty much ended or severely damaged his career.

I think Wesley has since got himself together though. The rise of the MCU just caught him at the wrong age and time in his career. Wesley isn't nearly as relevant or the big box office draw as he once was.

He will go down as the "Adam West" or "Christopher Reeves" of Blade. Since 98', there has never been a time where I thought of Wesley Snipes and didn't think of Blade in the he back of my mind.

Well I suppose it's not as if Robert Downey Jr had a clean reputation before iron man

Glad this got cut from the final movie. It’s a little cheesy. However it shows a certain character walk away at the end, which is kinda cool just to verify she’s out there somewhere.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this