Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,192 posts in this topic

I thought the first Iron Man and The Winter Soldier were both better than the Avengers, how would you say it holds up against those movies? Pretty excited to go see this tomorrow.

It's better than iron man and it's a tough one comparing to the winter soldier. The winter soldier may be the best marvel movie yet. Be prepared to laugh lol

I don't even know if this counts as a origin story or not. If so, I finally have one that I like Flip lol

Lol.....yeah, it was an origin story for multiple characters too.
ya_boi_j likes this

Lol.....yeah, it was an origin story for multiple characters too.

I still can't get over the ending though. I **** near fell out of my chair when star Lord started doing what he did.
Flip Wilson likes this

I still can't get over the ending though. I **** near fell out of my chair when star Lord started doing what he did.

Yep...Pratt was perfect for the role. Great casting all around.
Speaking of the ending...This was pretty cool as well...

10539136_520785674689529_789679974_n.jpg

Groot dancing to the Jackson 5 from Star Lords Cassette

Yep...Pratt was perfect for the role. Great casting all around.

Speaking of the ending...This was pretty cool as well...

10539136_520785674689529_789679974_n.jpg

Groot dancing to the Jackson 5 from Star Lords Cassette

yea that was hilarious. One guy was extremely excited over the post credit scene and the Stan Lee cameo. I almost chucked some popcorn at him because of how loud he was lol

How would you like to be Vin Diesel making this movie. He's got like one line for a character that's now surpassed "Hordor" levels of catchphrase and I'm sure he made a nice chunk of money for doing it. That's like Dan Uggla levels of making bank. Small amount of work....20 million dollars please :lol:

Yeah I kinda scratched my head at them choosing him to voice a guy that only says 1 line over and over again. Rumor is though is he did this sort of as a side-project for Marvel before they cast him as an actual character in the future.

How would you like to be Vin Diesel making this movie. He's got like one line for a character that's now surpassed "Hordor" levels of catchphrase and I'm sure he made a nice chunk of money for doing it. That's like Dan Uggla levels of making bank. Small amount of work....20 million dollars please :lol:

he said he's in line for something even bigger down the road. I was thinking he would end up voicing Thanos but of course that didn't happen. Can't think of too many other characters left for him to portray

http://screenrant.com/vin-diesel-new-marvel-franchise-inhumans/

Diesel went on record over a week ago, confirming that he’s going to not only voice, but also will perform the motion capture for the one remaining uncast member of the Guardians roster, the alien tree named Groot. He also explained that Marvel’s original intention was to cast him in a different role down the road.

“What we were initially talking about was a fresh IP and that was the focus of our conversation, which was a fresh IP that would come out in 2016 or 2017, and potentially launch the third phase. And when we went to Comic-Con we realized that people wanted something a little more immediate…”

I'd be all for him playing Black Bolt in an Inhumans movie. I wish that Fox would allow Marvel to use Professor Xavier so we can have the Illuminati introduced and have them be this clandestine presence in the background of all the movies.

I am curious who will play the Black Panther.... Michael Jai White??? that would be awesome!

I do wish Disney would produce the next Spiderman, it seems as though sony cannot get anything right.

I mean I am all for changing parts of the story to make it more new age. but why harry osborn as the green goblin? i am pretty sure they are going to go the route of the ultimate spiderman cartoon and make venom an experiment by oscorp instead of an extraterrestrial symbiote like the comics have him.

though i will say this marvel fans do not like what some of done with the movies.

where dc fanboys seem to think that the batman trilogy was the best ever...

me personally i think it was mediocre, with good action scenes.

Edited by VoidedSaint

I am curious who will play the Black Panther.... Michael Jai White??? that would be awesome!

I do wish Disney would produce the next Spiderman, it seems as though sony cannot get anything right.

I mean I am all for changing parts of the story to make it more new age. but why harry osborn as the green goblin? i am pretty sure they are going to go the route of the ultimate spiderman cartoon and make venom an experiment by oscorp instead of an extraterrestrial symbiote like the comics have him.

though i will say this marvel fans do not like what some of done with the movies.

when you look at the story the Batman trilogy told, one can make that a legit argument.

BTW, I hope they don't keep casting all these guys past the age of 30 to play these characters.

when you look at the story the Batman trilogy told, one can make that a legit argument.

BTW, I hope they don't keep casting all these guys past the age of 30 to play these characters.

so is that a 'no' to casting Tom Cruise as Robin in the Teen Titans?

I do want to see spiderman mixed into the avengers just one time.

not to thrilled about andrew garfield as spiderman, but i do like the dane dehaan as harry osborn.

i think the kid has potential when playing a psychopath.

just a huge spidey fan is all.

apparently Chadwick Boseman is the new black panther.

I do want to see spiderman mixed into the avengers just one time.

not to thrilled about andrew garfield as spiderman, but i do like the dane dehaan as harry osborn.

i think the kid has potential when playing a psychopath.

just a huge spidey fan is all.

apparently Chadwick Boseman is the new black panther.

Personally I do like Garfield as Spiderman but I think they missed the obvious choice for Spidey....Drake Bell...Why would they have not cast him as live action Spidey? Too small maybe? I don't know.

The Dark Knight trilogy had great action sequences, but some really bad fight scenes. The only really good fight scene was when Bane beats the **** out of Batman. They were all too short and not choreographed very well. I really thought the Ra's/Bruce sparring on this ice could have lasted a lot longer and could have been done much more creatively.

The Dark Knight Rises sucks complete ***, but the trilogy is still the best comic book movie story ever off the strength of the first two movies alone IMO.

Nolan understood the importance of villains, and more importantly the THEMES of the villains, with Scarecrow being Fear, Ra's being Balance and Order, Joker being Chaos, Two-Face being Hate, and Bane just being hellbent on ruination. The execution could have been a little better in some places, particularly at the end of TDKR when they turned Bane, yet again, into a bitchass lackey to a devious woman, but for the most part they're also the best villains that have ever been in a comic adaptation.

My two main criticisms of Marvel movies are that the plots seem to always be "bad guy gets possession of glowy-thing that will destroy the city/planet/galaxy/universe and the good guys have to stop them" and all of their villains are empty, boring, and completely forgettable outside of Loki. Hopefully Thanos and/or Ultron can buck that trend.

AF89 likes this

I just cannot for the life of me get excited about anything dc. Not sure why.

Outside of Batman, neither can I. Their universe is just not compelling, and none of their galactic **** is as extensive or interesting as Marvel's.

DC basing a lot of their most important characters in Greek Gods also makes it harder to sympathize with or relate to them.

I'm not looking forward to the Batman v. Superman at all.

I'm not reading any comics these days so I can't weigh in on the New 52 vs Marvel, but this is the way I see things now where movies and TV are concerned.

Live Action Movies.......Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>DC

Though I'm excited about the line up DC is putting together...they have a long way to go to rival what Marvel has done in live action films lately.

Animated Movies..........DC>>>>Marvel

DC has pumped out a steady flow of these each year. I've seen them all.

Live Action TV Shows........DC>>>>>>>>>>>Marvel

Arrow alone is way better than Agents of Shield and with Flash and Gotham coming I'm very optimistic about the future of DC TV

Animated TV Shows...........Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>DC

Every time DC gets anything going on Cartoon Network worth watching they cancel it. Marvel has Disney so they keep good things like Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spidey on the air. Young Justice was an awesome show but for some reason they can't keep them on the air.

Edited by Flip Wilson