Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

2,973 posts in this topic

Finally got around to watching The Punisher season 2. Not as good as season 1, still better than Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, or Iron Fist though.

Pretty curious to see if/how Disney carries over the Netflix shows. Daredevil season 3 was amazing. Would be cool to see some Daredevil and Spider-Man crossover. No idea if that’s possible with Sony owning Spidey. 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Finally got around to watching The Punisher season 2. Not as good as season 1, still better than Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, or Iron Fist though.

Pretty curious to see if/how Disney carries over the Netflix shows. Daredevil season 3 was amazing. Would be cool to see some Daredevil and Spider-Man crossover. No idea if that’s possible with Sony owning Spidey. 

From my understanding, Disney can't use the characters for two or three years. There was a question about the Kingpin and Bullseye though. But then, I read where Hulu was trying to get the shows.

Speaking of Hulu, they're part of a package of animated Marvel shows that should be airing soon.

Marvel Television and Hulu have announced a partnership that will bring four adult animated series based on Marvel characters to the streaming service.

Announced during this morning's Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, the four series will be Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey, the Tigra & Dazzler Show, and Howard The Duck. The four shows are set to culminate in a special called Marvel’s The Offenders.(See what they did there?)

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/11/marvel-is-bringing-4-adult-animated-shows-to-hulu

6 hours ago, Carter said:

Jessica Jones rocked, both seasons... I guess I will have to give TP a try if it's truly better.

11 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Jessica Jones rocked, both seasons... I guess I will have to give TP a try if it's truly better.

Maybe a style preference for me? The dark and gritty tone of Daredevil and Punisher were both nailed near to perfection. Jessica Jones season 1 was good. JJ season 2 was really cheesy and convoluted to me. That’s my biggest complaint about Luke Cage too... there’s a lot I like about LC but also some poorly written drama that comes off a bit weak and kinda ruins the flow of the show for me.

If they could get the production crew and writers from Dexter to work on Jessica Jones, it would probably be brilliant. I’ll keep dreaming though lol

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Maybe a style preference for me? The dark and gritty tone of Daredevil and Punisher were both nailed near to perfection. Jessica Jones season 1 was good. JJ season 2 was really cheesy and convoluted to me. That’s my biggest complaint about Luke Cage too... there’s a lot I like about LC but also some poorly written drama that comes off a bit weak and kinda ruins the flow of the show for me.

If they could get the production crew and writers from Dexter to work on Jessica Jones, it would probably be brilliant. I’ll keep dreaming though lol

I never got into Dexter, on principle... shame

4 hours ago, Carter said:

After Daredevil, Luke Cage was my favorite of the Defenders series. But both seasons (like both seasons of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist) suffered from too much fluff being thrown in to make the series stretch out for the whole season. Even with seven episodes, the second season of Iron Fist was too long. I'd be much happier with every show if they were only 4-6 episodes long.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:00 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

I don't understand how CM is more powerful than Thor with stormbreaker. 

MCU Captain Marvel got her powers directly from an infinity stone. I think that’s going to edge out an axe made by a gigantic Tyrion Lannister.

She looked pretty **** powerful toward the end of her movie, doing things we haven’t seen Thor come close to.

I just hope they don’t paint themselves into a Superman corner by making MCU Captain Marvel too powerful.

“Most powerful” has been kinda fluid in MCU anyway. Captain Marvel is really the first one they’ve introduced as an alpha figure. And we still don’t really know the extent of her powers in MCU. Endgame is gonna be wild.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:00 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

I don't understand how CM is more powerful than Thor with stormbreaker. 

18 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

girl power

Boobs. She'll catch you looking and blast into next week. 

10 hours ago, Carter said:

MCU Captain Marvel got her powers directly from an infinity stone. I think that’s going to edge out an axe made by a gigantic Tyrion Lannister.

She looked pretty **** powerful toward the end of her movie, doing things we haven’t seen Thor come close to.

I just hope they don’t paint themselves into a Superman corner by making MCU Captain Marvel too powerful.

“Most powerful” has been kinda fluid in MCU anyway. Captain Marvel is really the first one they’ve introduced as an alpha figure. And we still don’t really know the extent of her powers in MCU. Endgame is gonna be wild.

The Axe tool a blast from ALL the infinity stone like it was nothing. And remember gigantic Tyrion also made the infinity gauntlet, which can handle the energy of all the infinity stones. Vision was half infinity stone and didn't put up any type of fight. Wanda also got her powers from an infinity stone and isn't deems most powerful marvel character. 

I'm gonna let it go because I haven't seen any evidence of the russo bros claiming her to be the most powerful. Seems like it is only coming from Feige and he has also claimed her to be the most popular comic book character, so it is likely a corporate "rah rah girl  power" tokenism or him trying to upsell the movie for bigger box office. Probably a mix of both. Plus, I am sure we will see her real powers in EndGame. 

12 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Boobs. She'll catch you looking and blast into next week. 

true.

Carter and sdogg like this

4 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The Axe tool a blast from ALL the infinity stone like it was nothing. And remember gigantic Tyrion also made the infinity gauntlet, which can handle the energy of all the infinity stones. Vision was half infinity stone and didn't put up any type of fight. Wanda also got her powers from an infinity stone and isn't deems most powerful marvel character. 

I'm gonna let it go because I haven't seen any evidence of the russo bros claiming her to be the most powerful. Seems like it is only coming from Feige and he has also claimed her to be the most popular comic book character, so it is likely a corporate "rah rah girl  power" tokenism or him trying to upsell the movie for bigger box office. Probably a mix of both. Plus, I am sure we will see her real powers in EndGame. 

true.

Good points. I don’t really know, just trying to go by MCU logic lol. Vision was also a creation of AI trying to figure everything out and I’m honestly a little disappointed they haven’t really shown how powerful he is.

Wanda aka Scarlet Witch is a weird case. She’s always been one of the most dangerous and powerful characters... and also a mutant. Not sure how she and her brother were not owned with the X-Men franchise because both are mutants and always have been until MCU changed it up. Although I suspect now that the Disney/21st Century Fox merger is completed and Marvel Studios can begin working on plans for X-Men, there will be a retcon to introduce/explain mutants appearing and Wanda might realign with whatever form that takes.

On 3/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, Carter said:

I was a little disappointed in Punisher Season 2. Jessica Jones is boring and I didn't like how Luke Cage ended, but any of those are better than Iron Fist.

Carter likes this

Alsoooo.... in that batch of pics that Marvel tweeted out for Endgame, I noticed the valkyrie chick from Thor Ragnarok was in one and fully colored. So she apparently is not just a discarded character but alive and well in the aftermath of the snap.

Hmmmm

ya_boi_j likes this

On 3/26/2019 at 8:01 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

oklxjox.jpg

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Alsoooo.... in that batch of pics that Marvel tweeted out for Endgame, I noticed the valkyrie chick from Thor Ragnarok was in one and fully colored. So she apparently is not just a discarded character but alive and well in the aftermath of the snap.

Hmmmm

If that is the case, then I wonder if that means that Stan Lee's cameo MCU character also perished with Thanos' snap?

I would see that as an honorable way to put Stan's character to rest.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:35 PM, Carter said:

Hmmmm

I'm glad because she's a looker :ninja:

DawnOfThemBirds and Carter like this

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

She also got some scenes from a show she was on called Westworld.

I saw a lot of *** shots. They wouldn’t show her boobs. 

While I was there I watched the Rosario Dawson scene :ninja:

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I saw a lot of *** shots. They wouldn’t show her boobs. 

While I was there I watched the Rosario Dawson scene :ninja:

Rosario has definitely gotten better looking to me over recent years.

ya_boi_j likes this