Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,160 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2019 at 6:46 AM, sdogg said:

That 30 second SB Endgame teaser was intense.  

Subtle, dark and very effective, wasn't it? People are analyzing the crap out of it for what it showed based on what it didn't show.

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Subtle, dark and very effective, wasn't it? People are analyzing the crap out of it for what it showed based on what it didn't show.

Yep. A couple of spots look like they edited someone out. The scene with Cap, BW, Bruce and Rody looking up into the sky. They say the empty space between Rody and the other 3, looks like the perfect spot for another individual. If so, who? And who or what are they looking up too? Captain Marvel? Tony and Nebula coming in on the Benatar? I'm thinking they must not consider it a threat, since none of them or suited up for battle. 

JayOzOne likes this

I would swear that I saw that same clip with Tony Stark in that space but I can't say where I saw it. If the first half of this movie is as bleak as the teasers, the Russos will have done something revolutionary. Every one of their movies is tonally different.

I also hope they show other planets and civilizations that were affected by the snap. Xandar, which they didn't show in IW would be a good one. Perhaps that event will bring about Nova?

Just now, sdogg said:

I also hope they show other planets and civilizations that were affected by the snap. Xandar, which they didn't show in IW would be a good one. Perhaps that event will bring about Nova?

Maybe. The Russos say they regretted having to cut out a scene where Thanos totally destroyed Xandar due to time constraints. From my understanding, it wasn't a matter of him killing half the population but rather him destroying everybody to get the power stone. If that's the case, Nova's likely going to have a chip on his shoulder when they introduce him.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

I would swear that I saw that same clip with Tony Stark in that space but I can't say where I saw it. If the first half of this movie is as bleak as the teasers, the Russos will have done something revolutionary. Every one of their movies is tonally different.

It has the same feel of him building the first Ironman suit in the cave, back in the first Ironman. 

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Maybe. The Russos say they regretted having to cut out a scene where Thanos totally destroyed Xandar due to time constraints. From my understanding, it wasn't a matter of him killing half the population but rather him destroying everybody to get the power stone. If that's the case, Nova's likely going to have a chip on his shoulder when they introduce him.

They actually showed that scene at one of the private viewings and it was discribed as being brutal. I really hope they release one day. 

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

They actually showed that scene at one of the private viewings and it was discribed as being brutal. I really hope they release one day. 

Really? I didn't know if they filmed it. It'll show up on the webs eventually. Hopefully with somewhat finished effects.

Bought advanced tickets for Captain Marvel. Taking the kids to see it on Friday when it comes out. We are beyond stoked for it. Gonna have to jump on tickets for Endgame as well. I usually wait a week or so to see new movies but we’re all beyond hyped for these films.

Reeeally excited to see how they handle the tone and fallout in Endgame and how Captain Marvel fits into it, how they carry out the story to move on beyond the characters MCU has totally been built around so far.

falconsd56 and sdogg like this

5 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix story line in the 90's cartoon X-men were always my favorite.

The limp attempt to create a grounded version in "XM: The Last Stand" is what killed me on the series. It took "XM: First Class" to make me interested again and then, they ruined it with Age of Apocalypse. The importance of quality production design cannot be overstated.

mdrake34 and Carter like this

4 hours ago, achilles return said:

post captain marvel mcu rankings

CrgIBqF.png

Just got done seeing Captain Marvel. I personally thought it was better than Age of Ultron. That is because they left so much of Ultron's potential on the table in that movie. He just seemed like Tony Stark if he had turned into an evil robot.

Doctor Strange was better than Iron Man 3

Just got out of Captain Marvel. Holy smokes. Thoroughly enjoyed that movie. No idea where I’d rank it against the other movies lol who cares... it’s good! Mid credits scene was super dope. Post credits scene was like a sneaky little hint.

I was telling my daughter a few days ago I love these movies so much because it’s like a dream come true for me as a kid. If these movies came out when I was a kid I would have died. I’m just waiting for one of them to really suck. There hasn’t been a single one yet I thought was just not good, even Thor 2. Captain Marvel is not the one either. Marvel is just killing it with these flicks. Can’t wait for Endgame and Spider-Man Far From Home.

achilles return and sdogg like this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Just got out of Captain Marvel. Holy smokes. Thoroughly enjoyed that movie. No idea where I’d rank it against the other movies lol who cares... it’s good! Mid credits scene was super dope. Post credits scene was like a sneaky little hint.

I was telling my daughter a few days ago I love these movies so much because it’s like a dream come true for me as a kid. If these movies came out when I was a kid I would have died. I’m just waiting for one of them to really suck. There hasn’t been a single one yet I thought was just not good, even Thor 2. Captain Marvel is not the one either. Marvel is just killing it with these flicks. Can’t wait for Endgame and Spider-Man Far From Home.

The real captain marvel is going to be better. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Um... ok. 

That movie looks like it could be good too.

Shazam was the original captain marvel dating back to 1930's when he wasn't part of dc comics yet. 

32 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Shazam was the original captain marvel dating back to 1930's when he wasn't part of dc comics yet. 

Yep, and the whole legal process over the name "Captain Marvel" was weird because the judge awarded Marvel the name despite DC owning the character that used the name first.

6 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yep, and the whole legal process over the name "Captain Marvel" was weird because the judge awarded Marvel the name despite DC owning the character that used the name first.

Yup, therefore Marvel's captain America is a weaker knockoff.