Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,171 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Come on, y'all. Reports of Captain America's demise not withstanding, nobody thought for one nanosecond that Spiderman (when did he become 'Spider-Man', BTW?), Black Panther and Doctor Strange weren't going to somehow come back when all have sequels somewhere in production? And Disney already announced that the Winter Soldier and Falcon are going to have a TV show on the new platform along with Loki, who also died in Infinity War.

*Derp*

I guess I should have prefaced this post with SPOILER ALERT...?

Those of us who have followed every single movie know that. Casuals who haven't don't know that, even twitter is going stupid about the timeline situation. Which is why I said they should have saved the trailer. Gotta remember we aren't the only ones who watch these movies.

sdogg likes this

I guess. I'm not disagreeing but I don't see it as a major spoiler for even casual viewers. I don't put much into it because the people who came in late were going to be invested in how things resolve anyway. Seeing a Spiderman trailer isn't much more spoliery than seeing Scott Lang pop up at the end of the Endgame trailer last month. My main concern is I don't dig movies with alternate timelines and multiverse storylines (S:IMV being the exception). They're set ups for cheap deus ex machina ways out of difficult situations that the screenwriters created.

I'm already wondering if I should bother watching Agents of SHIELD when it returns since the future version of Agent Fitz died so now they're going to fly into space to retrieve the cryosleeping Fitz who will wake up in 100 years to save everybody. Too many implications to sort and have anything make sense.

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I guess. I'm not disagreeing but I don't see it as a major spoiler for even casual viewers. I don't put much into it because the people who came in late were going to be invested in how things resolve anyway. Seeing a Spiderman trailer isn't much more spoliery than seeing Scott Lang pop up at the end of the Endgame trailer last month. My main concern is I don't dig movies with alternate timelines and multiverse storylines (S:IMV being the exception). They're set ups for cheap deus ex machina ways out of difficult situations that the screenwriters created.

I'm already wondering if I should bother watching Agents of SHIELD when it returns since the future version of Agent Fitz died so now they're going to fly into space to retrieve the cryosleeping Fitz who will wake up in 100 years to save everybody. Too many implications to sort and have anything make sense.

For someone who tuned into Infinity Wars as their first movie and no knowledge of anything storyline related and doesn't follow any online comic movie sites, it can be considered a spoiler from them and leave them saying "well I thought he was dead". I think you took our posts out of context just a little. As for seeing Ant-Man in the Avengers trailer, I wouldn't consider that a spoiler. First thing I thought was it must be an illusion, then they say it was in real time and then you realize he wasn't dead so someone got him out somehow, the question is who. Probably doesn't make sense with the way I'm wording it.

As for AOS, I got tired of the whole Inhuman BS and stopped watching after Season 3. It just got boring. I just watch The Flash now which is starting to hint towards ending the show but I pray to God that it doesn't

sdogg and JayOzOne like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

For someone who tuned into Infinity Wars as their first movie and no knowledge of anything storyline related and doesn't follow any online comic movie sites, it can be considered a spoiler from them and leave them saying "well I thought he was dead". I think you took our posts out of context just a little. As for seeing Ant-Man in the Avengers trailer, I wouldn't consider that a spoiler. First thing I thought was it must be an illusion, then they say it was in real time and then you realize he wasn't dead so someone got him out somehow, the question is who. Probably doesn't make sense with the way I'm wording it.

As for AOS, I got tired of the whole Inhuman BS and stopped watching after Season 3. It just got boring. I just watch The Flash now which is starting to hint towards ending the show but I pray to God that it doesn't

Is it me or do Marvel's non-Netflix TV shows have the worst production values on TV? Agent Carter, AoS and (especially) the Inhumans are some of the most difficult viewing experiences. Direction on all three was/is trash, stories are on kind of an eighth-grade level and I struggle to find anyone that I like. And every single shot looks like it's filmed on a set. I like the DC shows much better.

36 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Is it me or do Marvel's non-Netflix TV shows have the worst production values on TV? Agent Carter, AoS and (especially) the Inhumans are some of the most difficult viewing experiences. Direction on all three was/is trash, stories are on kind of an eighth-grade level and I struggle to find anyone that I like. And every single shot looks like it's filmed on a set. I like the DC shows much better.

That’s why I stopped watching. They’re as boring as can be. Seasons 1-3 of agents kept you on your feet. Agent carter was bland from the gitty up

41 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Have you seen the Gifted yet? It's on Fox and the production is better as well as the story.

1 hour ago, biloxifalcon said:

Have you seen the Gifted yet? It's on Fox and the production is better as well as the story.

Yeah, I only watched the first three so far. The Gifted is good, as is Cloak & Dagger. I don't like the Runaways very much. For some reason, I see those different than the ABC Marvel shows since they don't take place in the Marvel universe.

3 hours ago, biloxifalcon said:

New Mutants trailer

That seems like a jump scare movie and hardly anything to do with x-men/mutants.

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

That seems like a jump scare movie and hardly anything to do with x-men/mutants.

Yea, that's what it looks like, nothing in that trailer says anything about mutants or "X" anything.

9 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

Yea, that's what it looks like, nothing in that trailer says anything about mutants or "X" anything.

I think my favorite x men is Magneto. He has a **** of a backstory. It's hard for me to consider him a bad guy.

mdrake34 and biloxifalcon like this

10 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I think my favorite x men is Magneto. He has a **** of a backstory. It's hard for me to consider him a bad guy.

I like Magneto too. With his back story, he's justified to hate homo sapiens so I always wondered why his team was the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I mean, we're all heroes in our own story, so why would they be "evil" to themselves?

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

I dunno. If I had one ticket and the choice was "The New Mutants" or "X-Men: Dark Phoenix", I'm going with the horror film. McG ruined me on Dark Phoenix and pretty much the whole X-Men franchise until "Days of Future Past" came out.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:55 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Either the timeline is going to be ****** as all outdoors or Endgame is going to have some serious splaining to do Lucy

I want to know why the people who perished by Thanos and the gauntlet did so. What was so special about the people who survived?

Hope Endgame gives us an explanation on that.

16 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

Best superhero movie since the Dark Knight.

I'm just not that into the MCU stuff, it was good, but I wasn't floored. I do love Guardians of the Galaxy, but it didn't feel like a comic book movie, was more of a zany sci-fi with a killer soundtrack. I really like the Deadpool movies better than any of the MCU stuff. 

SpongeDad likes this

13 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I want to know why the people who perished by Thanos and the gauntlet did so. What was so special about the people who survived?

Hope Endgame gives us an explanation on that.

a 3+ hour run time........they better. With Thanos having a reason for everything, i'm sure it'll become clear early in the movie

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

19 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I'm just not that into the MCU stuff, it was good, but I wasn't floored. I do love Guardians of the Galaxy, but it didn't feel like a comic book movie, was more of a zany sci-fi with a killer soundtrack. I really like the Deadpool movies better than any of the MCU stuff. 

The first Deadpool movie was awesome. The second one was good but not as good as the first one. I know Batman vs Superman was panned by the critics but I thought it was a decent movie, not great but not as bad as everyone made it out to be. I really liked the old school comic book style batsuit that Ben Affleck wore. 

AF89 likes this

On 1/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, JayOzOne said:

Oh, snap... Did THIS drop today? Great time to be snowed in this weekend.

It did!!  I watched it last night.

It was good......i thought season 1 was better but season 2 was not bad at all.

While Jigsaws face was not nearly messed up enough.....the dude who played him did a goood job acting

JayOzOne likes this

On 1/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, SpongeDad said:

The first Deadpool movie was awesome. The second one was good but not as good as the first one. I know Batman vs Superman was panned by the critics but I thought it was a decent movie, not great but not as bad as everyone made it out to be. I really liked the old school comic book style batsuit that Ben Affleck wore. 

Batfleck going to town on the hired henchmen is probably the greatest live action sequence in all of...Batmandom?

10 hours ago, AF89 said:

Batfleck going to town on the hired henchmen is probably the greatest live action sequence in all of...Batmandom?

I dunno. This is my favorite action sequence and Big Daddy is... Batmannish?

AF89 likes this