Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,171 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Still many questions that still need to be answered.

Like who bought the old Stark/Avengers Tower?

Was it Oscorp or the Fantastic 4?

Rumor had it that Oscorp Tower was supposed to be buried in the skyline of the first Avengers movie but they removed it.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

That's probably the most accurate thing the Onion has posted. It was a fair question to ask which would drop first after a long successful run, the stock market or superhero movies.

11 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Rumor had it that Oscorp Tower was supposed to be buried in the skyline of the first Avengers movie but they removed it.

Even though Oscorp is the more likely choice, I think the MCU could swerve everyone and go with the Fantastic 4 just because the Osborne/Parker story has been done twice already on the big screen and I'm also not sure if Disney can even use the Osborns in their Sony agreement because there were rumors about Sony doing a Norman Osborn movie(which I would hate) within their Spiderman villian universe.

Would still love to see the Osborns in the MCU, but just a little down the line.

13 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even though Oscorp is the more likely choice, I think the MCU could swerve everyone and go with the Fantastic 4 just because the Osborne/Parker story has been done twice already on the big screen and I'm also not sure if Disney can even use the Osborns in their Sony agreement because there were rumors about Sony doing a Norman Osborn movie(which I would hate) within their Spiderman villian universe.

Would still love to see the Osborns in the MCU, but just a little down the line.

You're probably right. I think "Far From Home" is the last movie under the Sony/Marvel agreement.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, mdrake34 said:

There will be a time where superhero movies won't dominate the movie industry.

As long as we get something different with each character and superhero property that is entertaining then people will continue to watch. As long as superhero movies don't get repetitive and stale then they should be fine for a long time.

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

There will be a time where superhero movies won't dominate the movie industry.

As long as we get something different with each character and superhero property that is entertaining then people will continue to watch. As long as superhero movies don't get repetitive and stale then they should be fine for a long time.

Marvel did a few things right, probably by accident. First, they started with a character who wasn't one of their biggest heroes which reduced expectations. They were consequently, blown out of the water with the first film. Then, they piggybacked subsequent movies without making it apparent that they were interconnected. Each character stood on his own and we got to know them before they teamed up. Third, the mid-credits and after-credits scenes became absolute must-see and set up the next movie perfectly. The Avengers dropped just when we knew all of the characters and didn't seem like too much, too soon. We already knew Black Widow from the Iron Man movies, so she was seamlessly set up. The only one that didn't fit well was Hawkeye because he had basically a cameo in "Thor".

In my opinion, Marvel used a very patient and organic approach toward setting everything up and that's why they are better than the DCEU. The DCEU came out from under the Christmas tree as a known interconnected universe. They were too ambitious. The last thing that Marvel figured out was to make movies based on its most famous story arcs. Just the titles "Infinity War", "Civil War" and "Age of Ultron" were enough to sell those movies to fans of the comics. By now, people are hooked for fear that missing the next movie will throw them off for the one that follows. I was shocked to find that my sister was the first person I knew to see "Infinity War". She read Archie and Harvey Comics as a child.

DC should have planned things better. They either should have given each of the Justice League his or her own movie or just picked it up in the middle, sparing us the origin story. Their characters are iconic enough that they didn't need to show how they met.

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Marvel did a few things right, probably by accident. First, they started with a character who wasn't one of their biggest heroes which reduced expectations. They were consequently, blown out of the water with the first film. Then, they piggybacked subsequent movies without making it apparent that they were interconnected. Each character stood on his own and we got to know them before they teamed up. Third, the mid-credits and after-credits scenes became absolute must-see and set up the next movie perfectly. The Avengers dropped just when we knew all of the characters and didn't seem like too much, too soon. We already knew Black Widow from the Iron Man movies, so she was seamlessly set up. The only one that didn't fit well was Hawkeye because he had basically a cameo in "Thor".

In my opinion, Marvel used a very patient and organic approach toward setting everything up and that's why they are better than the DCEU. The DCEU came out from under the Christmas tree as a known interconnected universe. They were too ambitious. The last thing that Marvel figured out was to make movies based on its most famous story arcs. Just the titles "Infinity War", "Civil War" and "Age of Ultron" were enough to sell those movies to fans of the comics. By now, people are hooked for fear that missing the next movie will throw them off for the one that follows. I was shocked to find that my sister was the first person I knew to see "Infinity War". She read Archie and Harvey Comics as a child.

DC should have planned things better. They either should have given each of the Justice League his or her own movie or just picked it up in the middle, sparing us the origin story. Their characters are iconic enough that they didn't need to show how they met.

Yep

Marvel's strategy paid off bigtime. So much that other franchises have tried to copy it but have either failed miserably or can't even get their franchise connected universes started at all.

DC tried rushing everything to the point that much of their character and story development suffered and became confusing a bit. Everything was thrown together in hopes to catch up to Marvel when it came to superhero popularity at the box office. DC should've taken its time to find its own way. They don't have to be like Marvel to make a huge box office impact because they have the most iconic superheros just like you said.

sdogg and JayOzOne like this

47 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

"Spider-Man: Far From Home" Teaser:

Dang. Beat me.

So immediately I recognized Hydro-Man, Sandman, Mysterio and, I think, Molten-Man.

I need a "Dark Knight" script for Spiderman. All of these Spiderman movies seem to be made for Nickelodeon. I'd love to see Christopher Nolan write the script.

Just now, SpongeDad said:

I need a "Dark Knight" script for Spiderman. All of these Spiderman movies seem to be made for Nickelodeon. I'd love to see Christopher Nolan write the script.

Gawd, no. The dark angle has been beaten to death. It needs leveling out with more, uh, levity.

falconsd56, sdogg and J-Nice like this

Just now, Statick said:

Gawd, no. The dark angle has been beaten to death. It needs leveling out with more, uh, levity.

I think Spiderman is great in MCU, don't get me wrong. I just think the scripts could be more thought provoking in his stand alone movies. But then again, it is Spiderman (a teenage boy) so I'm not pushing to hard.

Either the timeline is going to be ****** as all outdoors or Endgame is going to have some serious splaining to do Lucy

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Either the timeline is going to be ****** as all outdoors or Endgame is going to have some serious splaining to do Lucy

Yeah, there seems to be no effects from the Snap. From what I've heard, Far from Home is suppose to start almost immediately after the events of Endgame. Peter seems to be just fine, after returning from dust. 

30 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Yeah, there seems to be no effects from the Snap. From what I've heard, Far from Home is suppose to start almost immediately after the events of Endgame. Peter seems to be just fine, after returning from dust. 

If that’s the case I wish they would have postponed the release of the trailer. At least for any newbs who don’t follow any news during the build up. Maybe I’m wrong in thinking that

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

If that’s the case I wish they would have postponed the release of the trailer. At least for any newbs who don’t follow any news during the build up. Maybe I’m wrong in thinking that

Same here. But I'm thinking they are misleading us in some way. 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Come on, y'all. Reports of Captain America's demise not withstanding, nobody thought for one nanosecond that Spiderman (when did he become 'Spider-Man', BTW?), Black Panther and Doctor Strange weren't going to somehow come back when all have sequels somewhere in production? And Disney already announced that the Winter Soldier and Falcon are going to have a TV show on the new platform along with Loki, who also died in Infinity War.

*Derp*

I guess I should have prefaced this post with SPOILER ALERT...?

sdogg and ya_boi_j like this