Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,171 posts in this topic

Just now, biloxifalcon said:

I agree it was getting interesting, but it wasn't good from the start!

Season 1 was painful to watch. Season 2 was better but not really good. The biggest problem with both seasons is Finn Jones as Danny Rand. Add a bad actor to a poorly written character and you wish they had made a Colleen Wing show.

biloxifalcon likes this

45 minutes ago, Padawan Knight said:

I kind of hope they do a Daughters of the Dragon/Nightwing spinoff.

If they do I hope they do a better job than they did on Iron Fist.

I thought Jessica Jones would get canned before Iron Fist. JJ season one was alright but season two was just terrible. 

They didn’t execute Iron Fist as well as they could have but I thought it was a more intriguing series than JJ or Luke Cage, with more relevance to the Daredevil storylines to boot. 

I loved the villain in Luke Cage season two but that season left me very uninspired for the future of that show. 

Cant wait for Daredevil and The Punisher to satisfy the itch again. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I thought Jessica Jones would get canned before Iron Fist. JJ season one was alright but season two was just terrible. 

They didn’t execute Iron Fist as well as they could have but I thought it was a more intriguing series than JJ or Luke Cage, with more relevance to the Daredevil storylines to boot. 

I loved the villain in Luke Cage season two but that season left me very uninspired for the future of that show. 

Cant wait for Daredevil and The Punisher to satisfy the itch again. 

I got Netflix when I found out they were planning the Defenders shows and the character I wanted to see the most was Iron Fist. They botched it terribly. Too bad season 2 wasn't season 1 or it might have had a chance. The biggest problem with all of the Marvel shows is they try to stretch the arcs to 10-13 shows and they don't always have enough plot to do it. The second biggest problem is very few people are familiar with the rogues and mythology of Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist and they're not doing a great job of making the villains interesting (with the exception of Bushmaster, who was the jam IMHO).  I'm actually looking forward to Luke Cage being a fringe criminal overlord. 

Daredevil has a much better rogues' gallery and the Kingpin and Punisher were great choices for his first two bad guys. Would love to see Bloody Mary and the Punisher play cat and mouse in season 2 of his show. I'm planning on watching Daredevil by the end of next weekend, even with football to watch.

Just saw both the Aquaman and Shazam trailers.

They both look pretty good. Maybe DC can have a cinematic future afterall. Should've done solo movies and thought about team-ups further down the line because I liked both Man of Steel and Wonder Woman.

........please don't get in the way and cut the movies to shreds Warner Bros!!!!

Now DC needs a new Batman and a new Superman. They'd do well to start over and as you say, make movies about the individual heroes. At least try to make it seem organic when they get together.

I didn't like the first Shazam trailer. Not fond about the outright comedy angle of it because I don't know how that will blend with the rest of their characters (yeah, I know "Thor: Ragnarok" and both Guardians of the Galaxy movies were comedies and that they both fit well with "Infinity War"; all Marvel movies had comedic elements but so far, most DC films are dark as heck). With Black Adam being in the Suicide Squad, there seems to be a thematic hiccup, even though there were tons of comedic elements in the first Suicide Squad movie.

Then again, it looked as if Joss Whedan went overboard to make Flash and Aquaman comedic in "Justice League", which slammed against how the movie portrayed Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman and Cyborg. They have to figure out what the heck they are doing.

'Luke Cage' Canceled After Two Seasons on Netflix

Looks like the Heroes for Hire have closed up shop. Netflix announced Friday that "Luke Cage" won't be getting a third season, just one week after the cancellation of "Iron Fist" and on the same day "Daredevil" season 3 premiered on the streaming service.

"Unfortunately, Marvel's Luke Cage will not return for a third season. Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is grateful to the dedicated showrunner, writers, cast and crew who brought Harlem's Hero to life for the past two seasons, and to all the fans who have supported the series," Netflix said in a statement provided to TheWrap.

Netflix didn't say why the superhero series starring Mike Coulter got the axe, but an individual with knowledge of the situation tells TheWrap that the decision came down to creative differences, and an inability to reach terms on a deal for a third season.

Also read: 'Daredevil': Here's What the Doctors Were Doing to Poindexter's Spine at the End of Season 3

Netflix hasn't said whether or not the characters from "Luke Cage" or "Iron Fist" will continue to appear on its other Marvel shows "Daredevil," "Jessica Jones" and "The Punisher." As of this writing, "The Punisher" and "Jessica Jones" have been renewed for a second and third season respectively.

Luke Cage was introduced in 2015 during the first season of "Jessica Jones," with his own series, from showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker, premiering a year later. The show also starred Simone Missick, Theo Rossi, Rosario Dawson and Alfre Woodard.

**** "creative differences".

On 10/20/2018 at 5:57 PM, JayOzOne said:

That's a mistake. Jessica Jones got a third season and Luke Cage got cancelled? GTFOOH.

Jessica Jones should have been the first one canned. Bad acting, lame story writing, added pretty much nothing to the overarching Defenders theme and she was awkwardly out of place in every last scene of The Defenders.

Luke Cage season 2 didn’t leave me anticipating where the show would go from there at all so I can’t say I’ll miss it. Would keep the Luke Cage series over Jessica Jones without a doubt though. Odd decision. 

Iron Fist getting canned I understand since it never really caught on and seemed to be the least viewed of them all. Could have been a great series if it was handled like Daredevil was.

Hopefully the characters have some kind of future still.

DD: Objective Elite likes this

9 hours ago, AF89 said:

I like Jessica Jones :shrug:

The Netflix Marvel shows all suffer the malaise of trying to fit 6-8 episodes worth of story into 13 episodes. You saw that "Iron Fist" season 2 was only 10 episodes and it was easily two or three episodes too long. The only one that doesn't fall victim to that is "Daredevil", in my opinion. "Jessica Jones" season 2 definitely suffered from it and so did the Defenders somehow. With that said, I'm a fan of all of them, just some more than others. Much better than ABC's "Agents of Shield", "Agent Carter" and "Inhumans".

6 hours ago, biloxifalcon said:

Anybody watching the Gifted?

Yeah, it's actually pretty good. I was surprised (but happy) that it got a second season.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** 8. I can handle 3-3.5

I hear you. Doubt it will be that long. Studios like short run times because it means more tickets and Disney is among the greediest of all studios. Let's hope they don't pull a Warner Brothers and have bean counters make demands that affect the final product. I'm guessing they're going to make theaters guarantee showings like they did for "Last Jedi" where essentially, the cinema won't make a buck off of ticket sales for several weeks and they also cannot drop the movie from any of the screens it starts on.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

I hear you. Doubt it will be that long. Studios like short run times because it means more tickets and Disney is among the greediest of all studios. Let's hope they don't pull a Warner Brothers and have bean counters make demands that affect the final product. I'm guessing they're going to make theaters guarantee showings like they did for "Last Jedi" where essentially, the cinema won't make a buck off of ticket sales for several weeks and they also cannot drop the movie from any of the screens it starts on.

There had been rumors of talks about movie studios may start determining their theater ticket prices based on movie runtimes and the massive appeal of films.

If they start doing this, then expect increasingly longer movies to be more the norm and a little bit more expensive.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** 8. I can handle 3-3.5

They should just go full Godfather 2.

I doubt AV4 will be extremely long though. It was much hype about AV3 being possibly 3+ hours. Only to be more closer to 2.5 hours.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

They should just go full Godfather 2.

I doubt AV4 will be extremely long though. It was much hype about AV3 being possibly 3+ hours. Only to be more closer to 2.5 hours.

If it runs more than 2.5 hours, I'm investing in Depends stock.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

40 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Would love for it to be about 3 hours. 

Rumors suggest that Thanos is not the big bad in the new movie. Not sure what the Russos are up to but if they're going to resolve the cliffhanger AND introduce a new story arc, there's a great chance even three hours is going to be a mess. Unless "Captain Marvel" somehow lays out a lot of the storytelling. If that's the case, it's going to be unfair to those who didn't watch it to try to pick up on AV4 because they won't know what's going on. Marvel/Disney has people by the short hairs thanks to the way things are set up.

sdogg likes this