Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,171 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Marvel would totally ruin its horror titles. But I'm not expecting to enjoy "Venom" and I don't trust Sony to do much better with Morbius. Blade might be the only horror-tinged Marvel character that ever saw a decent movie. I'm still pissed at the awful Ghost Rider movie that Columbia put out. How in the world can you blow that layup? 

Netflix is working on a series with Ghostrider, Blade and Moon Knight in it. Supposed to tie in with The Punisher, so I’m optimistic about it. 

biloxifalcon likes this

14 hours ago, Carter said:

Netflix is working on a series with Ghostrider, Blade and Moon Knight in it. Supposed to tie in with The Punisher, so I’m optimistic about it. 

I have to look that one up. It sounds exciting. The Punisher was the best of the Netflix Defenders shows, IMO.

24 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Can't effing wait! By far the best Netflix+Marvel series

The hallway fight scene in season 1, episode 2 is one of the best fight scenes I've ever watched. Minimal cuts that were cleverly executed. Choreography is best since the scene in "Oldboy" where Oh Dae-Su fought off the thugs in the hallway.

Edit: Now that I watch both together, I'm convinced that the Daredevil scene paid homage to "Oldboy" with the lighting and color. Couldn't match it for lack of edits but that's cool.

Carter likes this

25 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The hallway fight scene in season 1, episode 2 is one of the best fight scenes I've ever watched. Minimal cuts that were cleverly executed. Choreography is best since the scene in "Oldboy" where Oh Dae-Su fought off the thugs in the hallway.

Edit: Now that I watch both together, I'm convinced that the Daredevil scene paid homage to "Oldboy" with the lighting and color. Couldn't match it for lack of edits but that's cool.

Agreed that it's one of the best fight scenes ever filmed. 

How has the reaction to the scene been for you so far? 
Philip Silvera: 
I love hearing how the fans feel about it. I love seeing the final work of the actors and stunt men on the screen. I think it's a beautiful thing.

And people keep comparing it to Oldboy, which is one of the best compliments you can get. Silvera: Yeah, it absolutely is. There's a similar feel, but it's something different at the same time.

How did you first feel when presented with the challenge? 
Silvera: 
When I first read it, it was a lot to take on in a couple of days with the schedule we had. And I had tried to convince a couple of the people and [director Phil Abraham] himself if he wanted to maybe work in a couple of wipes and maybe hide a couple of switches here and there and any camera tricks we could do, and he really believed in having the purity of a one-shot. And I'm glad he did because it really forced us to step up to the plate and give him that. I think we created something great in that process

.How long did you have to choreograph and shoot the scene? 
Silvera: 
Only 2 days.  Most feature films for a fight like this might get a week, maybe two weeks. We had two days. And our shoot day was one long shoot day. Half the day was spent blocking with our genius DP Matt Lloyd and then the next half of the day we were just shooting.

And only TWO days to choreograph that scene? That's insane. 

I also recently saw an interview with Charlie Cox talking about this upcoming Season 3 will have another hallway fight scene that pays homage to the season 1 scene -- and according to him, it might be even better. 

Edited by RandomFan
JayOzOne and Carter like this

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Agreed that it's one of the best fight scenes ever filmed. 

And only 

I also recently saw an interview with Charlie Cox talking about this upcoming Season 3 will have another hallway fight scene that pays homage to the season 1 scene -- and according to him, it might be even better. 

And here I thought I had an original thought... Season 2 had a good scene on the stairwell but that hallway scene was fire. I'm struggling to get through "Iron Fist", so you know I'm holding my breath waiting for "Daredevil".

1 hour ago, BrockSamson said:

He ded.

Yup. Sure seems like it was a lot longer than 8 years to me. I'll be surprised if RDJ survives too. Has to get old at some point.

Anyone feel that Dr. Strange will make an appearance (probably a mid-credit scene) in Captain Marvel? I think he will warn Fury of the "the coming conflict" and that's how Fury knew exactly what to do, when he saw Agent Hill and the others turn to dust. He's been preparing for this moment (Thanos) by assembling The Avengers and his attempt to use the ceptor to create cosmic level weapons. 

Watch the IW post credit scene. The tone in Fury's voice and facial expression that Fury has when Hill turns to dust was one of "I know exactly what's happening now. This is the "coming conflict" that MF'er wizard warned me of a few decades ago". He clearly didn't have a "WTH is going on kinda feeling". He knew what was happening. 

I don't think he knew the full details of what was going to happen, but he knew it was a threat on a cosmic level. 

Carter likes this

6 hours ago, sdogg said:

Anyone feel that Dr. Strange will make an appearance (probably a mid-credit scene) in Captain Marvel? I think he will warn Fury of the "the coming conflict" and that's how Fury knew exactly what to do, when he saw Agent Hill and the others turn to dust. He's been preparing for this moment (Thanos) by assembling The Avengers and his attempt to use the ceptor to create cosmic level weapons. 

Watch the IW post credit scene. The tone in Fury's voice and facial expression that Fury has when Hill turns to dust was one of "I know exactly what's happening now. This is the "coming conflict" that MF'er wizard warned me of a few decades ago". He clearly didn't have a "WTH is going on kinda feeling". He knew what was happening. 

I don't think he knew the full details of what was going to happen, but he knew it was a threat on a cosmic level. 

Good point. But if he had that foreknowledge, he should have contacted Captain Marvel when the Children of Thanos arrived in New York (and certainly by the time of the conflict in Wakanda). I'm really interested in Fury and Colson's back stories in "Captain Marvel". Did you see the Easter Egg that someone found in "Infinity War" where Cull Obsidian had a sash with the colors of Marvel's uniform hanging from his belt?

Image result for infinity war easter egg captain marvel

Changing subject briefly: Speaking of Colson, didn't he and May retire at the end of last season's "Agents of Shield"? That's my recollection and before it comes back for it's (probable) final season I was wondering who was going to lead the team.

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Good point. But if he had that foreknowledge, he should have contacted Captain Marvel when the Children of Thanos arrived in New York (and certainly by the time of the conflict in Wakanda). I'm really interested in Fury and Colson's back stories in "Captain Marvel". Did you see the Easter Egg that someone found in "Infinity War" where Cull Obsidian had a sash with the colors of Marvel's uniform hanging from his belt?

Image result for infinity war easter egg captain marvel

Changing subject briefly: Speaking of Colson, didn't he and May retire at the end of last season's "Agents of Shield"? That's my recollection and before it comes back for it's (probable) final season I was wondering who was going to lead the team.

I get your points, but I feel certain things had to happen in order for the 1 win scenario to work. Remember, Dr. Strange made it a point numerous times that he would allow individuals to die, in order to protect the stone. Then he just freely have it up. He could have easily stopped Starlord from going off on Thanos, but he knew it had to happen. The Snap had to happen, in order for the 1 win scenario to work. Calling CM during the battle of NY or any other time before hand and the 1 win scenario doesn't happen. Fury knew when the right moment to call CM. 

Yeah, Cull Obsidian appears to have had a run in with CM. 

Different subject. I'm curious if Thanos will have new hinchmen in A4 or will he bring back his Children? 

2 hours ago, sdogg said:

I get your points, but I feel certain things had to happen in order for the 1 win scenario to work. Remember, Dr. Strange made it a point numerous times that he would allow individuals to die, in order to protect the stone. Then he just freely have it up. He could have easily stopped Starlord from going off on Thanos, but he knew it had to happen. The Snap had to happen, in order for the 1 win scenario to work. Calling CM during the battle of NY or any other time before hand and the 1 win scenario doesn't happen. Fury knew when the right moment to call CM. 

Yeah, Cull Obsidian appears to have had a run in with CM. 

Different subject. I'm curious if Thanos will have new hinchmen in A4 or will he bring back his Children? 

I'm pretty sure people want to see Ebony Maw return. He was that movie's version of Darth Maul or Boba Fett. Seriously, a movie with them as the main bad guys would be interesting. They only gave personality to and character development to Ebony Maw, I'd like to see all of them fleshed out. 

And yeah, YouTube is buzzing with people trying to figure out the particulars of Strange's end game. Think about it: If he went back to the '90s to set things in motion, that is next level and beyond Machiavellian. Didn't see Marvel setting Dr. Strange up to be the player he is in his movie but I'm glad they did. I've liked Dr. Strange since the Steve Ditko days.

I'm geeked to see how they play AMaTW's mid-credits scene and Captain Marvel's plot into what the Russo's are doing. Those two are as important to the MCEU as Kevin Feige is.

sdogg likes this

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm pretty sure people want to see Ebony Maw return. He was that movie's version of Darth Maul or Boba Fett. Seriously, a movie with them as the main bad guys would be interesting. They only gave personality to and character development to Ebony Maw, I'd like to see all of them fleshed out. 

And yeah, YouTube is buzzing with people trying to figure out the particulars of Strange's end game. Think about it: If he went back to the '90s to set things in motion, that is next level and beyond Machiavellian. Didn't see Marvel setting Dr. Strange up to be the player he is in his movie but I'm glad they did. I've liked Dr. Strange since the Steve Ditko days.

I'm geeked to see how they play AMaTW's mid-credits scene and Captain Marvel's plot into what the Russo's are doing. Those two are as important to the MCEU as Kevin Feige is.

That scene in AMTW where they all disappeared and left Scott is def worth another AMTW as part of the MCEU! I honestly have always loved even the minor characters in the MCU, so I am pleasantly surprised at the success of the not so main characters so far!

sdogg and JayOzOne like this

I'm also wondering if Strange had something to do with the Hulk refusing to come out? I refuse to believe that the Hulk was scared. That just ruins the character, if that's the case. 

18 minutes ago, sdogg said:

I'm also wondering if Strange had something to do with the Hulk refusing to come out? I refuse to believe that the Hulk was scared. That just ruins the character, if that's the case. 

Nope, had nothing to do with Dr Strange or Hulk being scared. I thought so at first like most everyone else, but during one of the post interviews with the directors, they explained it's a personal battle between Hulk and Banner. Hulk is a strong being who does not want to be at Banner's beck and call. That's why the Hulk was like NO!!!! 

That scenario played out in the comics too! There was always a psych battle between BB and The Hulk.

P.S.  Maybe one more Hulk move?

1 hour ago, biloxifalcon said:

Nope, had nothing to do with Dr Strange or Hulk being scared. I thought so at first like most everyone else, but during one of the post interviews with the directors, they explained it's a personal battle between Hulk and Banner. Hulk is a strong being who does not want to be at Banner's beck and call. That's why the Hulk was like NO!!!! 

That scenario played out in the comics too! There was always a psych battle between BB and The Hulk.

P.S.  Maybe one more Hulk move?

Yeah I saw that response and I just don't like it. It sounds lame. I mean, wouldn't hulk die if Banner dies? And of all the times for Hulk to prove a point, he waits for the an “end of times” event to do so. 

I'm surprised if it dropped before the Super Bowl to be honest. I mean, buzz is building for Captain Marvel so why hijack the attention so soon?

16 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm surprised if it dropped before the Super Bowl to be honest. I mean, buzz is building for Captain Marvel so why hijack the attention so soon?

Well, they did show IW trailer in Nov and Black Panther came out in February. 

9 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Well, they did show IW trailer in Nov and Black Panther came out in February. 

I don't think Marvel knew what they had in the Black Panther property. I put the trailer on my FB page a year in advance. That character meant a lot to me as a boy. I didn't know that I was in so much company until it broke on the big screen the way it did. With that said, had the rumored Wesley Snipes version come out a decade ago, I'm convinced it would have been a bust. I think the success of the MCEU version was due to black people needing a hero in the worst way in the Age of Trump.

Thanks to the events of the past two weeks, I'd suggest that Captain Marvel is going to benefit from a similar situation with Kavanaugh and #MeToo putting women's butts in the seats.