Padawan Knight

Marvel Cinematic Universe

3,171 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is wrong on so many levels 

 

 

He looks like one of Joker's henchmen instead of Joker himself.

 

Warner Bros have been aweful handling DC's material since they've gotten their hands on it. With only a few exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

He looks like one of Joker's henchmen instead of Joker himself.

 

Warner Bros have been aweful handling DC's material since they've gotten their hands on it. With only a few exceptions.

Yep. Looks like those grungy masks at the beginning of "Dark Knight Rises".

vnzrkltbcaybuc53boa5.png

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

He looks like one of Joker's henchmen instead of Joker himself.

 

Warner Bros have been aweful handling DC's material since they've gotten their hands on it. With only a few exceptions.

Now that you say that I see it. Honestly I pray this is just the first, like very first time he put on the paint. Not the final 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 4:38 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Now that you say that I see it. Honestly I pray this is just the first, like very first time he put on the paint. Not the final 

that's my understanding, he doesn't even have the scars yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe anyone would say Joker could still be ruined after Jared Leto and his "Bling Joker" from Suicide Squad. That was the most whack Joker I have ever seen. If I have to choose between Ledger Style or Leto, I am going Ledger 10 times out of 10 and that's a good sign for Phoenix's joker.

sdogg and DD: Objective Elite like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ima give Joaquin Phoenix the benefit of the doubt in any role. I just don’t trust the people handling the DC films to actually execute the movie well. Man of Steel is about the only one I thought was great. The rest have been bad or just ok. And I want those movies to all be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Ima give Joaquin Phoenix the benefit of the doubt in any role. I just don’t trust the people handling the DC films to actually execute the movie well. Man of Steel is about the only one I thought was great. The rest have been bad or just ok. And I want those movies to all be awesome.

This

Carter and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

 

 

Not MCU but...Marvel all the same.

Man, I dunno... Dark Phoenix is a threat on a galactic scale. They totally botched it in "Last Stand" and wonder if they can do it right on the screen. "Age of Apocalypse" missed on so many points that I'm not confident we'll ever see a great X-Men movie that's based on a classic comic besides "Logan" and "Days of Future Past". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Man, I dunno... Dark Phoenix is a threat on a galactic scale. They totally botched it in "Last Stand" and wonder if they can do it right on the screen. "Age of Apocalypse" missed on so many points that I'm not confident we'll ever see a great X-Men movie that's based on a classic comic besides "Logan" and "Days of Future Past". 

Man, I basically said the same thing to a friend earlier with regards to Phoenix in X3 and how big of a miss Apocalypse was.  I have little hope they can do this right even though I love the cast.

JayOzOne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

Man, I basically said the same thing to a friend earlier with regards to Phoenix in X3 and how big of a miss Apocalypse was.  I have little hope they can do this right even though I love the cast.

Making Magneto and Mystique good guys is problematic also. Mystique is now essentially a female version of what Cyclops is in the books and I'm not sure why Magneto is necessary if he's not an antagonist. Personally, I'd rather see them do a movie about Genosha than Dark Phoenix because it would play off of the Sentinels in DoFP. It could also play huge in the story being portrayed on the small screen in "The Gifted". But I'll give "Dark Phoenix" a chance as long as Bryan Singer and McG have nothing to do with it.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 4:45 PM, Carter said:

Ima give Joaquin Phoenix the benefit of the doubt in any role. I just don’t trust the people handling the DC films to actually execute the movie well. Man of Steel is about the only one I thought was great. The rest have been bad or just ok. And I want those movies to all be awesome.

Agreed on both points.  If Phoenix can capture the kind of simmering intensity and unsettling threat he brought to The Master, he could be great.  That is, until the DC film folks find a way to **** it up.

Carter and mdrake34 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iron Fist season 2 is up. I’m about to start watching it. Looks like they started to work the outfit into his appearance this season from the trailer but I guess we shall see. 

Daredevil season 3 needs to hurrrrrryyyyy.

Padawan Knight likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Well, good for DC.

 

 

 

That would've been stupid to kill off Bruce Wayne so early. So many stories even for an older Batman could be told.

 

DC's movie universe was so rushed and didn't have the proper time to grow and find it's way.

 

I blame stupidity.

 

Statick, sdogg and JayOzOne like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

That would've been stupid to kill off Bruce Wayne so early. So many stories even for an older Batman could be told.

 

DC's movie universe was so rushed and didn't have the proper time to grow and find it's way.

 

I blame stupidity.

 

I'll be perfectly honest: I was never a DC fan. Growing up in the '60s and '70s, DC's stories were one-offs where the entire arc of a story was told in one book whereas Marvel had more of a serial format to its stories. They told tales over the span of several issues. Also, Marvel characters had flaws and real life problems whereas DC's characters were archetypal and either good or bad. Don't get me started with how there could be any tension in a story about a man who is more powerful than the combined might of every colleague or enemy that he faced. You couldn't shoot Superman. He can burn you by looking at you. He can fly into space and push planets. WTF?

I bought every Spider-Man book that came out in junior high and a lot of others but I never bought a DC book. Sadly, I missed out on the tonal shift that made Batman compelling and led to Daredevil copying it in a big way (which saved Daredevil). Now, I watch the Marvel movies and the DC movies. Marvel smartly tries to adapt their classic stories but DC (with the exception of Nolan's "Dark Knight" series) tries to make movies. Huge mistake. There's never a reason to make a movie if it's not to tell a story.

Their best hope to create a shared universe is by making movies that get fans excited and its the height of hubris for screenwriters to believe they are capable of creating stories better than those that for decades have made fanboys fall in love with the characters. With apologies to Christopher and Jonathan Nolan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

That would've been stupid to kill off Bruce Wayne so early. So many stories even for an older Batman could be told.

 

DC's movie universe was so rushed and didn't have the proper time to grow and find it's way.

 

I blame stupidity.

 

I blame Ben Affleck (irrationally)

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Statick said:

Even as a kid reading Spider-Man comics, I always thought that Mysterio was a dumb character.

But they've upgraded him enough now where he's a lot better (and more believable) than the original.

I love todays tech(movie wise)

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In another thread mdrake made a post about a Marvel Moebius movie with Jared Leto. I had to look it up, and this is the wiki so far:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morbius,_the_Living_Vampire

Morbius, the Living Vampire, a scientist named Dr. Michael Morbius PhD,[1] MD,[2] is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Roy Thomas and originally designed by penciler Gil Kane, the character first appeared as an antagonist in The Amazing Spider-Man #101 (Oct. 1971).

Despite his initial status as one of Spider-Man's horror-based rogues, Morbius went on to become a brooding and gritty, albeit heroic and tragically flawed anti-hero in his own series and other titles. Morbius' true identity is that of a former award-winning biochemist named Michael Morbius, who is imbued with vampiric superhuman abilities and physical traits stemming from a failed biochemical experiment, which was intended to cure his rare blood disorder, as opposed to supernatural means, with the rest of his appearances featuring his struggles with his inhuman-like vampiric persona, his insatiable lust for human blood, and his subsequent efforts to cure his horrific condition, along with his eventual stint as a brutal and nightmarish vigilante. The character has appeared in various animated shows and video games.

Jared Leto will portray the character in a live-action film adaptation set to be part of Sony's Marvel Universe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

In another thread mdrake made a post about a Marvel Moebius movie with Jared Leto. I had to look it up, and this is the wiki so far:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morbius,_the_Living_Vampire

Morbius, the Living Vampire, a scientist named Dr. Michael Morbius PhD,[1] MD,[2] is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Roy Thomas and originally designed by penciler Gil Kane, the character first appeared as an antagonist in The Amazing Spider-Man #101 (Oct. 1971).

Despite his initial status as one of Spider-Man's horror-based rogues, Morbius went on to become a brooding and gritty, albeit heroic and tragically flawed anti-hero in his own series and other titles. Morbius' true identity is that of a former award-winning biochemist named Michael Morbius, who is imbued with vampiric superhuman abilities and physical traits stemming from a failed biochemical experiment, which was intended to cure his rare blood disorder, as opposed to supernatural means, with the rest of his appearances featuring his struggles with his inhuman-like vampiric persona, his insatiable lust for human blood, and his subsequent efforts to cure his horrific condition, along with his eventual stint as a brutal and nightmarish vigilante. The character has appeared in various animated shows and video games.

Jared Leto will portray the character in a live-action film adaptation set to be part of Sony's Marvel Universe.

 

 

Marvel would totally ruin its horror titles. But I'm not expecting to enjoy "Venom" and I don't trust Sony to do much better with Morbius. Blade might be the only horror-tinged Marvel character that ever saw a decent movie. I'm still pissed at the awful Ghost Rider movie that Columbia put out. How in the world can you blow that layup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now