Marvel Cinematic Universe [may contain spoilers]

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

LOL. Enjoy it. I'm happy to watch movies alone and I'm cool with a morning matinee or a midnight showing.

I remember being on a business trip in 1999. Got there on Monday, coming home on Friday. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace released at midnight Wednesday morning. Talked to the missus Wednesday afternoon and told her Thursday's class was canceled and I failed to move my plane ticket to come home a day early. She asked what I planned to do and I told her I was going to see the new Star Wars movie. Stoopid stoopid stoopid stoopid stoopid for me to tell the truth.

My wife is not a movie person. And she doesn't know the difference between Luke Skywalker and Mr. Spock. But she insisted I wait to see it with her the next week. So now, I had nothing to do. I went to lunch the next day and the restaurant I chose sat about 100 yards away from a movie theater that had 12 screens. SW:TPM was on eight of them. There were probably 30 cars in the parking lot. I could literally eat my ****ing lunch and walk over to see it on matinee before anybody I know saw it. But I'm a man of my word and that ****ed movie got spoiled 20 times over and twice on Sundays before she finally was ready to go and even then, she didn't enjoy it.

With that being said, I've gotten used to waiting even though nothing duplicates the experience of watching movies at the theater. I hope you enjoy it.

Lol trust you already know I’ll bootleg it and wait. I only have one issue with bootlegging this one. The good scenes might be too dark. Had that problem with the first one. 

I wouldn’t go into a crowded theater, even with a mask on. Just not worth the risk. Gonna go in there with my Lysol wipes and air sanitizer and spray it down like I’m blessing it lol

On 10/29/2022 at 3:47 PM, JayOzOne said:

LOL. Enjoy it. I'm happy to watch movies alone and I'm cool with a morning matinee or a midnight showing.

I remember being on a business trip in 1999. Got there on Monday, coming home on Friday. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace released at midnight Wednesday morning. Talked to the missus Wednesday afternoon and told her Thursday's class was canceled and I failed to move my plane ticket to come home a day early. She asked what I planned to do and I told her I was going to see the new Star Wars movie. Stoopid stoopid stoopid stoopid stoopid for me to tell the truth.

My wife is not a movie person. And she doesn't know the difference between Luke Skywalker and Mr. Spock. But she insisted I wait to see it with her the next week. So now, I had nothing to do. I went to lunch the next day and the restaurant I chose sat about 100 yards away from a movie theater that had 12 screens. SW:TPM was on eight of them. There were probably 30 cars in the parking lot. I could literally eat my ****ing lunch and walk over to see it on matinee before anybody I know saw it. But I'm a man of my word and that ****ed movie got spoiled 20 times over and twice on Sundays before she finally was ready to go and even then, she didn't enjoy it.

With that being said, I've gotten used to waiting even though nothing duplicates the experience of watching movies at the theater. I hope you enjoy it.

On 10/29/2022 at 3:56 PM, Tribal Chief said:

Lol trust you already know I’ll bootleg it and wait. I only have one issue with bootlegging this one. The good scenes might be too dark. Had that problem with the first one. 

I wouldn’t go into a crowded theater, even with a mask on. Just not worth the risk. Gonna go in there with my Lysol wipes and air sanitizer and spray it down like I’m blessing it lol

Them first early viewings while everyone is at work or in school is the best time.

Ain't gonna lie there has been a few occasions where I was relaxed and kicked back until someone had to be that person to either sit in front of me, beside me, or behind me in a completely empty theater. They can sit anywhere they want but choose to sit close to you for no **** reason.

Those people are the worst because they violate your personal space by kicking your chair, taking away your leg room, or bump arms on the armrests.

I remember going to see Alien Resurrection at a packed theater on opening weekend. A guy and his wife and their two pre-teens came and sat down in front of us right before the movie started. They stunk so much from weed that I could easily have gotten a contact high and they were so blitzed, they talked all through the movie. Of course, having little kids at a hyper violent hard R horror flick went about as well as could be predicted. SMH. It was my luck to go early to see it and thanks to that, there was nowhere that my wife and I could move to change seats.

Seriously, high or not, who takes little kids to see an Alien movie?

I'm not going to say anything about the movie but I will say, watch the movie and decide if it's good or not for yourself. If you're someone who's salty that they didn't recast Chadwick, then you may already not like the movie before even glancing at it. That's a dumb reason imo but that's exactly what people are doing. 

Glancing through the interwebs, all I see is dudes angry that a female became Black Panther and there was no recast. A few people legit said everything was perfect outside of that and it ruined the movie. 

Be your own judge. And no Don, I'm not going to offer any spoilers lol

Just now, DonGonnaFindTFOut said:

😆

Was thinking about going during the morning screening, until I noticed school was out for Veterans Day. I'll probably go early next week.

Are there any huge surprises other than what I may know? Just say yes if so, don't have to tell me what it is 😆

Huge surprise. Nah. 

Few cameos though

Just got back home from seeing Black Panther. 

I thought they handled Boseman passing about as well as they possibly could. Not gonna lie I had a few tears run out at times.

It wasn’t perfect, but we enjoyed it. Curious to see how they use Namor in the future. I was a bit disappointed they didn’t tie in the scene from Endgame where Wakanda is briefing Black Widow about an underwater earthquake or explosion, but they wrote it all well enough.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Just got back home from seeing Black Panther. 

I thought they handled Boseman passing about as well as they possibly could. Not gonna lie I had a few tears run out at times.

It wasn’t perfect, but we enjoyed it. Curious to see how they use Namor in the future. I was a bit disappointed they didn’t tie in the scene from Endgame where Wakanda is briefing Black Widow about an underwater earthquake or explosion, but they wrote it all well enough.

Agreed.

I had couple of teary eyed moments.

The MCU opening got me. It was like when they did the Stan Lee tribute.

Overall it was a good movie.

Angela Bassett is still stunning.