Marvel Cinematic Universe [may contain spoilers]

8 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

GOTG2 has one of the best and most beautiful final acts of any comic book movie. 

It also was loaded with probably more easter eggs than any comic movie that I can think recall. The first was loaded with them too, but the second had dozens of blink and you'll miss it moments. Right up to the mid-credits scene.

Stan Lee & The watchers - YouTube

Adam Warlock's Cocoon From Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Is Even Creepier Up Close

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Easily in the top 5 comic book movies overall too.

I did not like it as much as the first one when I saw it in theaters. But on a second viewing I really appreciated it. Having lost my own father, the ending is really emotional, but an absolutely beautiful scene. Rivals Big Fish as the most beautiful movie death I’ve ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I did not like it as much as the first one when I saw it in theaters. But on a second viewing I really appreciated it. Having lost my own father, the ending is really emotional, but an absolutely beautiful scene. Rivals Big Fish as the most beautiful movie death I’ve ever seen. 

Absolutely.

The music selection was just so so perfect.

Having Cat Stevens's Father and son play during that final act was just perfect.

It is a shame that guardians of Galaxy 3 is supposed to be James Gunn's last MCU movie.

10 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

You didn't have to delete it 🤷‍♂️

Nah. It's your thread. You've made it clear time and time before that you want to keep it strictly MCU. I mistakenly confused Spawn with Blade as being part of the MCU and I can admit that I made a mistake without looking first. So my apologies

She-Hulk was good, I loved the Daredevil inclusion. 

However, am I the only one that isn't that stoked about the high amount and type of 4th wall breaking in this show? It's just a bit much, announcing you're a TV show, etc. It kind of flies past the tongue-in-cheek aspect that usually makes 4th wall breaking a low-key treat. 

20 hours ago, RandomFan said:

She-Hulk was good, I loved the Daredevil inclusion. 

However, am I the only one that isn't that stoked about the high amount and type of 4th wall breaking in this show? It's just a bit much, announcing you're a TV show, etc. It kind of flies past the tongue-in-cheek aspect that usually makes 4th wall breaking a low-key treat. 

It kept me from taking the show seriously. Of course, they took that directly from the source material. I found the show to be to be too comedic for my interest. I enjoyed it, especially because Tatiana Maslany is super cute, but I had much less interest in it than Andor, Rings of Power, House of the Dragon, or even the Werewolf By Night special - which I'm watching for the third time after today's games.

A lot of people are pissed that Skaar was introduced almost as an afterthought, but I think they're going to fill that story in when World War Hulk comes out. Some of those folks didn't appreciate him looking like a green teenager instead of like a brooding scowling monster, but that's a meh concern.

My only real issue with She-Hulk is how they're going to transition Hulk and Daredevil back into being two of the darkest Marvel characters after showing them smiling and being funny for several episodes. I mean, the Hulk is going to take on all of Marvel's heroes soon and Daredevil's about to go through one of the darkest and most depressingly adult story lines in comics history. The tonal shift might be too much.