What Is Your Dream Scenario?

J0ker

Doesn't have to be realistic.

Mine would be something along the lines of:

re-sign Babs

Sign Linval Joseph

Sign Alex Mack

1st - clowney

2nd- unrealistic now, but Donald drops and we sprint to the podium. D-line is fixed.

3rd - best guard available: Richardson, jackson, yankey, whoever.

that would leave the D-line looking like:

DE: Osi, Clowney, Mass, Goodman, Maponga

DTs: Babs, Joseph, Donald

Oline would look like:

LT - Baker

LG - Blalock

C - Mack

RG - Konz/Hawley/Rookie (whoever wins the battle)

RT - Holmes

obviously we can't perfectly fix everything in one offseason, but a plan similar to this would give us a huge potential at DE (Clowney) who can learn from Osi and then take over, talent at DT (Joseph and Babs, with Donald as a rotational/situational player and will take over in the near future). On the O-line we give Baker one more chance, and IF healthy (i know, big if) he is competent at least. Blalock is steady but not great, Mack solidifies the interior, RG we have a competition and let the best one win, and at RT Holmes gets a year to prove himself.

FA: Joseph/soliai, Scwartz, Lamaar Houson, Delmas

paul-soliai.jpg

Gets this man^ paired with Babs & Lamaar houston to create the most versatile hybrid defensive line in the league, and put them in front of the most versatile hybrid LBs in the league; Mack, Spoon,Attachou, Worrilow, Bartu, Beirmann. Also Maponga, Goodman etc

1st Get Kmack OLB (mayock's #1)

2nd Trade down to teens and grab Morgan Moses OT, aquire second 3rd pick

3a Attachou(sp?)

3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE

4th Seastrunk

5th Ryan Carrethers

OL - Baker/Moses-Blalock-konz/hawley-Scwartz-Moses/Carimi/holmes

DL- Osi/Attachou-Houston/Babs-Soliai/McCullers-Mass/Mack/Beirmann?

Lb - Mack/attachou-Worrilow/?-Spoon/Bartu

I feel like scenario is highly possible, the only unknown is Lamaar Houston's resigning status.

We get a young hungry RB to pair with the old and hungry Steven Jackson

also we have a solid young line with a brand new shiny TE for Ryan

Joseph/soliai, Scwartz, Lamaar Houson, Delmas

paul-soliai.jpg

1st Get Kmack

2nd Trade down to teens and grab Morgan Moses, aquire second 3rd pick

3a Attachou(sp?)

3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE

4th Seastrunk

5th Ryan Carrethers

OL - Baker/Moses-Blalock-konz/hawley-Scwartz-Moses/Carimi/holmes

DL- Osi/Attachou-Houston/Babs-Soliai/McCullers-Mass/Mack

Lb - Mack/attachou-Worrilow-Spoon/Bartu

I feel like scenario is highly possible, the only unknown is Lamaar Houston's resigning status.

You aren't going to trade down and get Morgan Moses. He might go in the 1st. That said, I'd love him in the 2nd.

Doesn't have to be realistic.

Mine would be something along the lines of:

re-sign Babs

Sign Linval Joseph

Sign Alex Mack

1st - clowney

2nd- unrealistic now, but Donald drops and we sprint to the podium. D-line is fixed.

3rd - best guard available: Richardson, jackson, yankey, whoever.

that would leave the D-line looking like:

DE: Osi, Clowney, Mass, Goodman, Maponga

DTs: Babs, Joseph, Donald

Oline would look like:

LT - Baker

LG - Blalock

C - Mack

RG - Konz/Hawley/Rookie (whoever wins the battle)

RT - Holmes

obviously we can't perfectly fix everything in one offseason, but a plan similar to this would give us a huge potential at DE (Clowney) who can learn from Osi and then take over, talent at DT (Joseph and Babs, with Donald as a rotational/situational player and will take over in the near future). On the O-line we give Baker one more chance, and IF healthy (i know, big if) he is competent at least. Blalock is steady but not great, Mack solidifies the interior, RG we have a competition and let the best one win, and at RT Holmes gets a year to prove himself.

All this and Carimi turns into an all pro

Jarius Bird FS 9million

Lamar Houston DT 6 million

Michael Johnson 7 million

cut

Blaclock save 7 million

Decoud save 3 million

Nicalos save 2 million

Samuel save 4 million

Biermann save 2 million

Reynolds save 1 million

Restructure

Roddy to a 4 year 20 million

Add

George Swhartz RG 3.5 million

Jon Anamoah LG 3.5 million

Draft

Greg Robinson 6'5 335

Stephen Truitt 6'7 315

With cuts of Blaclock Decoud Nicholas Samuel Reynolds Biermann plus Gonzales retirement money and redue Roddy deal 4 million a year.Cap should be a round 42 million of cap minus moves 35 will leave 7 million in cap after signing draft picks.

Edited by smartfalconfan

Jarius Bird FS 9million

Lamar Houston DT 6 million

Michael Johnson 7 million

cut

Blaclock save 7 million

Decoud save 3 million

Nicalos save 2 million

Samuel save 4 million

Biermann save 2 million

Reynolds save 1 million

Restructure

Roddy to a 4 year 20 million

Add

George Swhartz RG 3.5 million

Jon Anamoah LG 3.5 million

Draft

Greg Robinson 6'5 335

Stephen Truitt 6'7 315

With cuts of Blaclock Decoud Nicholas Samuel Reynolds Biermann plus Gonzales retirement money and redue Roddy deal 4 million a year.Cap should be a round 42 million of cap minus moves 35 will leave 7 million in cap after signing draft picks.

If TD give Gramps White a 4 year deal I'll paint my house Carolina blue and buy a Cam jersey :(

The most unrealistic sh*t you've read all day, I promise.

FREE AGENCY:

Eugene Monroe, OT

Jon Asamoah, OG

Jairus Byrd, FS

Perry Riley, MLB

Randy Starks, DT

Michael Bennett, DE

Addressing both lines efficiently. All phases of this defense = upgraded.

Trade HD for a 3rd (probably to the Raiders, because..... who else would bite this bait?)

DRAFT:

QB rush at the top of the draft. Bortles first, Rams grab Jake Matthews, then Manziel, Carr, and Teddy in order.

1 - Clowney falls into our lap. The heavens open and the angels begin to sound the trumpets.

Then the CB/OL/whatever else rush begins.

2 - Mack after a MASSIVE fall. Because this is my imaginary unicorn draft and I said so.

No one can breathe. Other GMs begin to spontaneously combust in their draft rooms.

3 (from Raiders) - Odell Beckham. The slot option we've always wanted and then some.

Lalalalalalaaaaa who cares whats happening. We're all ecstatic. Oh, but wait..... we've got back to back picks. And suddenly, BAM--

3 - ASJ, another HUGE fall

Fans are at home convulsing and crying tears of joy, and then....

4 - Seastrunk.... what can I say, the falling is contagious.

I have no idea what else happens in this draft after the 4th round. Mainly because I, like many of you, have died. And will miss the beginning of a dynasty.

Trade a 6th to the Eagles for Brandon Graham

Sign Linval Joseph in FA

Sign Louis Delmas in FA

Sign Roger Saffold in FA

Trade pick #6 to the Rams for their #12 and their 2nd or 3rd rounder

Trade back up into the late 1st and draft Kelvin Benjamin

Draft Stephen Tuitt in the 2nd

Draft Kyle Van Noy or Ryan Shazier in the 2nd

Edited by Clark Kent™

Resign Hawley, Johnson, Coffman and Peters to one year prove-it type deals. McClain gets the tender.

Would even consider giving Hawley a 3 or 4 year deal that would pay him like a starter if he starts or like a back up if Konz beats him out

Keeping in mind we are already 50+ mil under the cap for next year and with reports that the cap will rise to 150m by 2016, I'm encouraged to go after two big FAs and offer them healthy bonuses in addition to guaranteeing their salaries for the first two seasons.

Sign Michael Johnson at LE and Jairus Byrd at FS as soon as FA opens up.

I'd then draw my attention to the Guard market. I was on the Schwartz train early and I stay there, bringing him into the fold and transitioning our run game into legitimacy.

After the market begins to settle I bring in NB Corey Graham from Baltimore and DT Pat Sims from Oakland. Both should be available for modest veteran deals

I always have looked at FA as a way to eliminate the need to draft for need. I think these signings accomplish that.

With a number of holes filled and a roster taking shape, I have no issue with trading a 3rd to move up to two and draft Clowney ( I have to be SOMEWHAT realistic). The deal works for STL because neither JAX, CLE, or OAK are threats to take G-Rob or Matthews. Knowing that the player they target should still be on board and worse case scenario, they "settle" and address the same position with the alternative premier level player or Sammy Watkins..... The price to move up in my head is no more than a 3rd.

At #2 I no doubt take Clowney.

I'd then happily trade our 2nd rounder this year and next year to get back into the back end of the first round and Grab Donald.

The cost of these moves is that we sit out essentially sit out day two of the draft. Which is easier as we sit on the board and salivate at the potential pass rush that Clowney, Johnson, and Donald can provide over the next four years.

We come back on day 3 and there is still an embarrassing glut of talent on the board. CJ Fiederowicz, Seantrel Henderson, Terrence Brooks are all on the board. But we elect to continue our complete transition up from on defense and add DT Justin Ellis. We allow him to have a transition year before he takes over the role that Sims will hold down this year.

And since this is dream scenario, we trade back into the middle of the 4th -giving up our 5th, 6th, and 7th to come up and grab Seantrel Henderson.

We give up all those picks for Seantrel for two reasons:

1) we already have such a young roster of developing players, I think having too many creates a glut of potential that will never really have a chance to develop.

2) we likely have 3 comp picks coming. After Clowney, Donald, Ellis, and Henderson, we will still have a "full" allotment of 7 players.

I typically stay away from message board heroes, but in the 5th I use a comp pick to snatch up JC Copeland. I think we have to give up on Ewing at this point.... Or at least not put ourselves in a position where we rely on him so much. I think there is a large part of our offense that we haven't rely seen because he's been out do much and DiMarco simply isn't the kind of player as Ewing talent-wise.

We close out the 7th round with two comp picks. First is DE/OLB Shaquil Barrett from Colorado State. With Kroy becoming a free agent next season, and coming off an Achilles this year, his tenure in red and black may be limited. Barrett is a wad of clay that seemingly out it all together his senior year. He's the same jack of all trades type guy that Kroy is. I would argue that he's a bit further along in pass coverage, though, than Kroy at this point in his career. The thing I like best about the guy is in watching his tape, he is simply shows an awareness if route concepts and play calls, which leads him to always be "around" the ball.

We close out the draft by giving Tice another toy and taking a flyer in a guy that had all the hype a guy could want coming into his senior season, but lost his job after an early season injury, OG Antwan Lowery from Rutgers. Described as intelligent and a technician with good usage of his length. If Tice can add a a lil "stank" to his game, we might have a player down the road.

I passed on a tight end because we're not gonna find anyone who cone close to replacing Gonzo. I think Harry is our "replacement" for Gonzo. I think Coffman/ Toilolo are more than capable of replicating Harry's spot.

I thought long and hard about an OT early, but taste I feel like after Moses comes off the board, which should be somewhere in the area Donald comes off or immediately after, none of the tackles offer much more than Henderson who we should be able to grab late. Add in the glut of prospects at OT we have already in their first year under Tice, and addressing the interior D with a likely difference maker.

The same logic applies with HB. There are so many quality guys who will go undrafted, not to mention Vaughn and Smith on the roster already....each pick, I just felt there was better value elsewhere. In fact, I think Quizz and Snelling are competing for the same roster spot this year.

Finally, after the draft and FA goes like this, I would cut Osi. Mass, Goody, are plenty sufficient in rotation. And if Barrett earns it, Kroy may get cut after camp as well in my scenario.