6 Years - It May Feel Different But It's Still The Same

Mr. Right

People always pointing out stats just makes me think we have another Dan marino on our hands..a great QB that will never win a trophy. Sad to say but some would probably be ok with that but not me..

I want a Lombardi more than anything. That said I don't place any blame on Marino for not winning one I blame the Fins FO. If Matt Ryan ends his career with Marino type numbers and all that. I wouldn't blame him either. The small minded folks around place way to much blame on the QBs. Its childish, they set standards like little boys do with their idols and unless you're like said guy you suck. Arguing Ryan is pointless in the first place. He's here for a loooong time no matter what people think or say. People need to worry about what's actually, broken with our franchise. That certainly isn't the QB position. Worry about protecting him and worry about obtaining a defense worthy of being called pros. All this Matt talk is just plain retarded.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a Lombardi more than anything. That said I don't place any blame on Marino for not winning one I blame the Fins FO. If Matt Ryan ends his career with Marino type numbers and all that. I wouldn't blame him either. The small minded folks around place way to much blame on the QBs. Its childish, they set standards like little boys do with their idols and unless you're like said guy you suck. Arguing Ryan is pointless in the first place. He's here for a loooong time no matter what people think or say. People need to worry about what's actually, broken with our franchise. That certainly isn't the QB position. Worry about protecting him and worry about obtaining a defense worthy of being called pros. All this Matt talk is just plain ********.

The idiots talk about the " great supporting cast " but they do not even mention the chit offensive line he is forced to deal with, and I do mean absolute chit ....

The idiots talk about the " great supporting cast " but they do not even mention the chit offensive line he is forced to deal with, and I do mean absolute chit ....

They even talk about the great cast in reference to last year. I just laugh. Dumbazzes can say in the sentence "he has the most weapons and then injuries don't matter" lol dafuq?

Let me tell you. A gimp Roddy , Douglas, and Gonzo while being clutch on 3rd downs csn barely run 10 yds. That sure is a lpt of weapons. Then they play like without the weapons he blow and is the reason we wer 4-12. That which of course is complete BS being that he played pretty amazing despite the rest of the team playing like they gave up. It's all good though I'm so used to the asshatery around I just laugh at them.

They even talk about the great cast in reference to last year. I just laugh. Dumbazzes can say in the sentence "he has the most weapons and then injuries don't matter" lol dafuq?

Let me tell you. A gimp Roddy , Douglas, and Gonzo while being clutch on 3rd downs csn barely run 10 yds. That sure is a lpt of weapons. Then they play like without the weapons he blow and is the reason we wer 4-12. That which of course is complete BS being that he played pretty amazing despite the rest of the team playing like they gave up. It's all good though I'm so used to the asshatery around I just laugh at them.

And despite it all the guy kept us in most games. Yea, not like HD was his #1 wideout for several games. Chit line, no healthy WRs and no running game ....but its all Ryans fault LOL ....rolleyes.gif

And despite it all the guy kept us in most games. Yea, not like HD was his #1 wideout for several games. Chit line, no healthy WRs and no running game ....but its all Ryans fault LOL ....rolleyes.gif

Yeah bro. I don't care how anyone feels about Ryan just quit making sh*t up. Always trying to spin things or make up conspiracies and make things that are simple complicated. Witch is something litte girls do. Not grown men.

Dislike him all you want just don't be a retard.

Yeah bro. I don't care how anyone feels about Ryan just quit making sh*t up. Always trying to spin things or make up conspiracies and make things that are simple complicated. Witch is something litte girls fo. Not grown men.

Dislike him all you want just don't be a ******.

All

Oh , and let us not forget he had the worst third down defense in the NFL " watching his back " ........rolleyes.gif

Last year there were injuries but you expect more from your franchise QB then having 6 games with 1 TD pass or less and 7 games of Passer Rating 90 or less . He still also had the greatest TE to ever play and to be honest Julio was healthy first five games and Falcons were 1-4

All close games. Lets put the blame all on Ryan. I mean the other 21 guys who saw the field are just there for show.

Did he play perfectly? No. Did he play well enough to win? Yes. Placing the blame only on the QB is lazy.

The way you make it seem like Vick got hurt on purpose, which cost us the season..Football is a team effort so no Vick did not cost us anything. The next man up was in full affect just like people be screaming on here now so if you want to blame someone for that lost season, blame the front office for not being prepared in having someone who could carry the team.

Some would say his last one in first one out, and not studying game tape hurt the team in ways that losing the next 4 super bowls could not.

Also comparing Dan Marino to Matt Ryan is foolish

Dan Marino was a NFL MVP ,3x ALL PRO , helped Dolphins to Super Bowl

and is a top of some of greatest passing stats when the game was different . If Ryan is ever

lucky to put up stats similar to Marino it will be simply because longevity and the game has changed

and benefited the passing game . No one in there right mind would say Matt Ryan is just as good as Marino .

Perfect example of spinning. "Even if he did he still sucks yada yada". Hilarious. Won't even bring up the difference between a 6yr qb compared to a retired HOFer.

Highest paid player = most criticized ???

Do you think fans should be more angry at Konz or Bradie Ewing or Lamar Holmes

or should fans look at the highest paid player on team and leader ?

I think fans should give two sh*ts about cap amd money paid. Thats set by the market not the player so its asinine to worry about.

Instead yes fans should more pissed abouts whats actually broken. Not some crap that means nothing.

All close games. Lets put the blame all on Ryan. I mean the other 21 guys who saw the field are just there for show.

Did he play perfectly? No. Did he play well enough to win? Yes. Placing the blame only on the QB is lazy.

Trolls are gonna troll. The butthurt with them over the QB in Atlanta is strong.

The notion we only lost close games last year is off based

- blown out vs Tampa .. ( Ryan awful)

- blown out by Carolina ( Ryan awful)

- blown out by Arizona ( Ryan awful )

How was Steven Jackson? How did the D play? Out of 12 losses, why only bring up three? How did the offensive line play in these games? Oh, right...wins and losses are a QB stat when bringing up Ryan.

Not only about $$ bout leadership . If Falcons are going to win or not win a Super Bowl it's going to be on Ryan the QB , TD the GM and Mike Smith the coach . Those are the 3 most components of a team so spare me the part I should be attacking bottom feeders of the team why we have not reached our goals . I'll criticize the 2 important people why we haven't TD& Ryan

Guess you've never seen a SoundFX or the multiple articles about how Ryan pushed Smith aside and took over team meetings and game planning. Those games of which we were in contention with Carolina and San Fran. He did that with a bunch of rookies too.

Peace out.

This morning I visited an NFL fan that had been in a coma for several years. I told him I was a football fan and learned so was he.

Knowing I live in the Atlanta area he asked, "are you a Falcons fan?" "Yes," I answered. He then asked, "how did this past season go?" I replied, "not so well. In fact, after coming up only 10 yards short in the NFC Championship game the year prior we had a disastrous season. In the preseason we lost a projected offensive line starter and our veteran all pro receiver was injured and hobbled most of the season, acting solely as a decoy much of the season. In our very first regular season game on the road against our arch rival, the Saints, we dropped the winning TD at the end of the game. In our second game we lost our All Pro Running Back for most of the season. Then, in the 5th game, our great young deep threat wide receiver who at the time was leading the league in yards and receptions was lost for the entire season.

"Wait a minute," he stopped me. "Are you telling me that you lost your number one receiver, your number one running back, and your other all pro wide receiver was injured?" "Yes," I exclaimed, "unbelievable, isn't it?"

"So what did your team do then, become a power running team?" I replied, "well, actually not." "Why not," he pondered. I sighed and responded, "our left tackle was injured and was replaced by a person who was, quite frankly, just horrible." "I bet your QB took a beating with injured receivers, running back, and left tackle, huh?" I laughed as responded "you don't know the half of it! Behind possibly the worst offensive line in the NFL we had the worst running attack; 32nd of 32 total teams." "So you couldn't block, you couldn't pass and you couldn't run," he surmised" "That about sums it up," I answered.

"But at least with all these casualties on offense you surely had a great defense to be competitive, right" he asserted. I just looked at him and rolled my eyes and then uttered out, "no, we were actually pretty bad there too, working in two new cornerbacks and two new linebackers. Worse, we just couldn't pressure or sack their quarterback very much." "Coupled with your offense issues, sounds like your defense probably had trouble on third downs, huh, he joked?" "Yep, you got it," I continued, "we gave more than a few 3rd and longs."

"I have to leave now," I told this man. He was thankful for my visit and as I was walking out the door he yelled out, "hey, I bet your quarterback had a horrible season, didn't he?" I replied "well, at 17, he had a few more interceptions than normal trying to make some things happen and certainly forced a few throws." "I can see why," he interrupted. I continued, "but he managed to throw for 4500 yards at a 67% completion rate, and despite having a few TD drops he threw for 26 touchdowns."

"Wow," he replied, "all things considered he may have had one of the best seasons a quarterback can have, given all those shortcomings and the beating he took. Although disappointed in the won/loss record, I bet your fans feel pretty good about your quarterback's toughness and performance under those dire circumstances, right?"

As I walked out the door I turned and said to him, "yes, most of us do. He's not perfect, but he's pretty darn good!"

This morning I visited an NFL fan that had been in a coma for several years. I told him I was a football fan and learned so was he.

Knowing I live in the Atlanta area he asked, "are you a Falcons fan?" "Yes," I answered. He then asked, "how did this past season go?" I replied, "not so well. In fact, after coming up only 10 yards short in the NFC Championship game the year prior we had a disastrous season. In the preseason we lost a projected offensive line starter and our veteran all pro receiver was injured and hobbled most of the season, acting solely as a decoy much of the season. In our very first regular season game on the road against our arch rival, the Saints, we dropped the winning TD at the end of the game. In our second game we lost our All Pro Running Back for most of the season. Then, in the 5th game, our great young deep threat wide receiver who at the time was leading the league in yards and receptions was lost for the entire season.

"Wait a minute," he stopped me. "Are you telling me that you lost your number one receiver, your number one running back, and your other all pro wide receiver was injured?" "Yes," I exclaimed, "unbelievable, isn't it?"

"So what did your team do then, become a power running team?" I replied, "well, actually not." "Why not," he pondered. I sighed and responded, "our left tackle was injured and was replaced by a person who was, quite frankly, just horrible." "I bet your QB took a beating with injured receivers, running back, and left tackle, huh?" I laughed as responded "you don't know the half of it! Behind possibly the worst offensive line in the NFL we had the worst running attack; 32nd of 32 total teams." "So you couldn't block, you couldn't pass and you couldn't run," he surmised" "That about sums it up," I answered.

"But at least with all these casualties on offense you surely had a great defense to be competitive, right" he asserted. I just looked at him and rolled my eyes and then uttered out, "no, we were actually pretty bad there too, working in two new cornerbacks and two new linebackers. Worse, we just couldn't pressure or sack their quarterback very much." "Coupled with your offense issues, sounds like your defense probably had trouble on third downs, huh, he joked?" "Yep, you got it," I continued, "we gave more than a few 3rd and longs."

"I have to leave now," I told this man. He was thankful for my visit and as I was walking out the door he yelled out, "hey, I bet your quarterback had a horrible season, didn't he?" I replied "well, at 17, he had a few more interceptions than normal trying to make some things happen and certainly forced a few throws." "I can see why," he interrupted. I continued, "but he managed to throw for 4500 yards at a 67% completion rate, and despite having a few TD drops he threw for 26 touchdowns."

"Wow," he replied, "all things considered he may have had one of the best seasons a quarterback can have, given all those shortcomings and the beating he took. Although disappointed in the won/loss record, I bet your fans feel pretty good about your quarterback's toughness and performance under those dire circumstances, right?"

As I walked out the door I turned and said to him, "yes, most of us do. He's not perfect, but he's pretty darn good!"

This should be pinned.

Also comparing Dan Marino to Matt Ryan is foolish

Dan Marino was a NFL MVP ,3x ALL PRO , helped Dolphins to Super Bowl

and is a top of some of greatest passing stats when the game was different . If Ryan is ever

lucky to put up stats similar to Marino it will be simply because longevity and the game has changed

and benefited the passing game . No one in there right mind would say Matt Ryan is just as good as Marino .

No one was comparing..my statement was the way people throw stats only when it comes to Matt and not rings would make it sound like we have another Marino on our hands. Not saying I wouldn't like that, but at the same time, as one of the previous poster said, I don't care If the janitor is behind center, I want a trophy. F the stats. Russell Wilson in my opinion will never have the stats of the great QB's because he is a mobile guy, but when his career is said and done, I bet his name gets mentioned as one of the best all time because of his ring/rings that he may get, and yes people can say the defense won seattle that trophy rightfully so, but the QB is always the one who steals spotlight.

It's funny to see every professional involved with professional football, past and present, speak highly of Ryan when they're asked their opinion and then watch know-nothings blab on about how crappy he is, lol. Sorry, but if ya wanna run your head about Spoon, Beirman, even Moore, go ahead, but don't show how ignorant you are dissin the Ice Man :)

I agree. I am just stating Ryan stats aren't that impressive either .

Brady didnt put up gaudy stats to middle of his career his championships were won early

but Brady is mentioned as a Super Bowl winning QB cause what he did early in his career and I am sure Wilson will start putting up real numbers in middle of his career

How is being top 10 in yards and TDs 5/6 years NOT impressive?