Bpa In This Draft May Be Aaron Donald!

MD-FalconFan13

Clowney, well is Clowney. Nationally touted as the best thing since sliced bread

Mack is, as one poster stated, a Queen on the chessboard. Capable doing almost anything on defense

But to me, there is no better play disrupter/defensive nightmare than Aaron Donald, and hus showing at the combine should have cemented it.

The guy, a 288 lb DT, ran a 4.6 w/ 1.5 sec 10-yard splits (Clowney's spilt was 1.6). As if that wasn't even, he benched 225lbs a whopping 32 times. All this after dominating in the Senior Bowl and last season. He won every award a DT can win except the Heisman.

Everyone is mentioning Clowney for his size and athleticism. Donald gets mentioned for what he does on a football field. Maybe we shouldnt worry whether Mack and Clowney are gone. Cause there may be a player better than both still available.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't even hesitate. Especially if Robinson, Clowney are off the board.

What makes him not top 10? No one can answer that question other than he isn't quite big enough. He looked like Suh did doing Drills at the combine. His playing style reminds me of a stronger, faster Babs.

He is a top 5 player in my opinion talent wise. I don't care what the experts say.

I would love to have Donald on our team but he falls into a bad spot for us. He's not top 10 but he is better then high 20-32. Our best bet in order to get him is to trade back or try to trade back up for him.

If he's your guy I think it's dumb to trade back when he could easily be picked in the top 10 is not definitely top 20.

You trade back he's gone you look dumb. Not as many impact guys in the later rounds.

If he's your guy I think it's dumb to trade back when he could easily be picked in the top 10 is not definitely top 20.

You trade back he's gone you look dumb. Not as many impact guys in the later rounds.

Aaron Donald does not get past Dallas, and I don't think even makes it that far.

I don't either. What do QBs hate the most? Pressure up the middle in their face. I keep being torn with who I want, but I'd be happy with Clowney, Mack, Donald or a top OT at 6.

I agree. I have been trying to figure out the same thing. Obviously it depends on free agency but right now I am leaning...

1 Clowney

2 Donald

3 Robinson

4 Mack

As of right now he would still be a reach to pick in the top 10 with some of the players that are on the board. If you trade back to the teens let's say 17 pick up a couple of picks and get your guy you look like a genius. Or if you pick up Clowney or Mack see that Donald has fallen into the twenties trade back up and get him that's even better.

As of right now he would still be a reach to pick in the top 10 with some of the players that are on the board. If you trade back to the teens let's say 17 pick up a couple of picks and get your guy you look like a genius. Or if you pick up Clowney or Mack see that Donald has fallen into the twenties trade back up and get him that's even better.

A reach based on what? What a bunch of jimmies in the media have to say? Kiper and Mayock are the only ones I pay any attention to. Mayock said he had the most impressive senior bowl/combine of any DT in the last 10 years

I would suck as an NFL scout cause I got: Donald, Robinson, Mack, Matthews, Watkins.

I've watched a few South Carolina games and I don't know what everybody saw, Clowney is very athletic obviously but IMO (a dumb one probably) but Mack/Clowney seems like a Rice/Moss situation. sure Moss was pound for pound the most gifted receiver but I'm taking Rice every time. maybe I just watched the games where Clowney decided to take the day off.

Donald=Geno Adtkins, Clowney=JPP, Matthews=Joe Thomas and Mack=C Matthews.

Let's just say these guys turned out to be close to these guys, who would you draft then?

I know this Geno Adtkins abilities makes the whole D-line/LB better for the Bengals so if Donald can do similar things which all indications support he can then that should be your answer! Go get P.Soluai to be that big anchor run stopper DT and trade down in the 9-15 range and draft Donald watch guys like Osi and Mass have better years because of the interior line performance

Chill, two months to go, no need to panic. I feel better now that TD has hired more eyes and mouths to help make the decision. Donald has done everything he could do. As Maycock says "you just keep checking the boxes." But there is FA's coming up, trades and Pro Days. A lot can and will happen. I definitely like Donald before Mack but not over Robinson. But TD can get both.

Donald=Geno Adtkins, Clowney=JPP, Matthews=Joe Thomas and Mack=C Matthews.

Let's just say these guys turned out to be close to these guys, who would you draft then?

if that were the case, that those draft prospects translate exactly - then you take Jake Matthews because Joe Thomas is an anchor and perennial pro-bowler - also, he is at 2nd most important position in football (QB-1, LT-2, DE-3) and they tend to not get hurt as much either.

Donald is not the BPA in this draft. He might turn out to be the best value.

Do you plan to explain your train of thought or are you just into making unsubstantiated statements??\

Based on every performance based measure you can find Donald could very well be the BPA in this draft. You're opinion is based off of what others say. Mine is based off what Donald has done! Period. As a matter of fact, I would even venture to say that if you don't arrive at the same conclusion, after seeing the monster season - all the awards he's won - performance at the Senior Bowl - destruction of Combine Laws of Phsyics, you aren't being realistic. This guy has been flat-out DOMINATE!!

if that were the case, that those draft prospects translate exactly - then you take Jake Matthews because Joe Thomas is an anchor and perennial pro-bowler - also, he is at 2nd most important position in football (QB-1, LT-2, DE-3) and they tend to not get hurt as much either.

You'd have to also consider the positional depth in the draft and the relative scarcity of the quick, penetrating DT.

Do you plan to explain your train of thought or are you just into making unsubstantiated statements??\

Based on every performance based measure you can find Donald could very well be the BPA in this draft. You're opinion is based off of what others say. Mine is based off what Donald has done! Period. As a matter of fact, I would even venture to say that if you don't arrive at the same conclusion, after seeing the monster season - all the awards he's won - performance at the Senior Bowl - destruction of Combine Laws of Phsyics, you aren't being realistic. This guy has been flat-out DOMINATE!!

Fanboy doesn't equal factual. Donald won't be the best player from the class, but he might be the best pick relative to where he will be selected. Like Richard Sherman was in 2011.

Archived