2/20/2014 Make You Best Guess

RYNE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bad feeling the front office will try to make a statement basically cementing their commitment to the heavy aerial attack. They could try making the argument that roddy won't last forever, and HD isn't our future star. Basically saying our offense is built around a high octane passing game. They may fix the line through FA, and continue trying to build the defense with later round bargain picks

I think they will surprise (and piss off) everyone by picking Sammy Watkins at 6.

I would prefer a trade back or Mack.

Just want to see where some of your guy's heads are at right now. Obviously it is still early as we are pre combine and free agency. However it is still fun to speculate.

What I wanna know is as of this moment who do you think Atlanta will pick. All I want is the players name. Doesn't mean that is who you necessarily want.

This isn't my top choice but I think when it comes time our pick will be....

Khalil Mack

Make your pick as of now....

No, TD will come out after we pick Matthews saying something like "we have to control the line and protect our quarterback. We didn't do this last year and you see the results. We have confidence we have the right coaches and a great back in Steven Jackson. You will see a remarkable improvement with our new offensive line".

Mike Smith was talking on Sirius yesterday about the coaches needing to view the roster differently. Instead of thinking the lower end guys/extra guys would make a good 3 or 4th option at their position, they needed to evaluate more on the "how will he perform as a 1st or 2nd".

Hoping for Clowney or Mack but Sammy Watkins wouldn't surprise me in the least with TG gone and Julio and Roddy's injuries last year.

Just want to see where some of your guy's heads are at right now. Obviously it is still early as we are pre combine and free agency. However it is still fun to speculate.

What I wanna know is as of this moment who do you think Atlanta will pick. All I want is the players name. Doesn't mean that is who you necessarily want.

This isn't my top choice but I think when it comes time our pick will be....

Khalil Mack

Make your pick as of now....

I'll do you one better, how is this for an off season....

DT Peters

CB McClain

WR Cone, Davis

OT Mike Johnson

C Hawley

TE Coffman

RG Jon Asamoah 6

DT Arthur Jones 6

C JD Walton 2.5

FS Jenkins 4

CB Ellis Lankster 1.5

RB Toby Gerhart 1.5 mill 2 yrs

1 OLB Khalil Mack

2 OT Morgan Moses

3 DE Kareem Martin

4 DT Daniel McCullers

5 FS\CB Marqueston Huff

5 FB JC Copeland

6 DT Alan Carrethers

7 RB George Atkinson III

7 LB Shaquil Barrett

7 TE Gator Haskins

Edited by egoprime II

It's such a tough call because so many scenarios could happen. If I have to pick right now, I'd say it will go like this:

1. Houston: Manziel

2. St. Louis: Matthews

3. Jacksonville: Bridgewater

4. Cleveland: Bortles

5. Oakland: Watkins

6. Atlanta: Clowney

However, some team EASILY could trade up to get Clowney in front of us at any time. But, if there aren't any trades, I predict Clowney falls to us.

I'm thinking Greg Robinson or Anthony Barr.

I don't think Clowney will be there. I'm not really certain that anybody is going to want to move up to 6. I just don't really see the draw for someone at 6. The most QB hungry teams are Jacksonville and Cleveland. They will draft the QBs they want and after that there are a lot of really good players available from 6 to 26. There is a long list of guys I would take.

Mike Smith was talking on Sirius yesterday about the coaches needing to view the roster differently. Instead of thinking the lower end guys/extra guys would make a good 3 or 4th option at their position, they needed to evaluate more on the "how will he perform as a 1st or 2nd".

Hoping for Clowney or Mack but Sammy Watkins wouldn't surprise me in the least with TG gone and Julio and Roddy's injuries last year.

I'm glad to hear that. That's been one of the large problems with this roster, is beyond starters, often the next guys are just special teams guys, instead of guys who can contribute if needed. It affects the way they draft too "this 4th rounder can be a good 5th receiver and gunner" instead of "this 4th rounder can be used in subpackages immediately and has a good chance to develop into a 2 receiver."

I hope it doesn't make them get a WR at 6, but overall, thinking of your 3rd and 4th guys as guys who need to be able to perform as adequate 1 or 2 guys is critical.

It's such a tough call because so many scenarios could happen. If I have to pick right now, I'd say it will go like this:

1. Houston: Manziel

2. St. Louis: Matthews

3. Jacksonville: Bridgewater

4. Cleveland: Bortles

5. Oakland: Watkins

6. Atlanta: Clowney

However, some team EASILY could trade up to get Clowney in front of us at any time. But, if there aren't any trades, I predict Clowney falls to us.

That is a plausible scenario,it would be a fantastic stroke of luck for the Falcons,it could happen!