B.j Raji? **** No. Would Rather Play Decoud At Dt/de

TrufantIsland

I wouldn't want Raji based on the fact he is a two down player and he wants to get paid. He turned down 8M from GB. If the Falcons is going to pay a player more than 8M he better be able to play all three downs.

His price will drop. He's gonna learn very quickly that the open market won't give him the type of money he's asking.

He'll end up somewhere for around 6-7 mil per. Probably sign a lengthy deal with a bunch of guaranteed money. 7 years, 45 mil, 30 mil guaranteed. Something stupid like that.

I wouldn't want Raji based on the fact he is a two down player and he wants to get paid. He turned down 8M from GB. If the Falcons is going to pay a player more than 8M he better be able to play all three downs.

lol how is he even close to a two down player? His strength is being a pass rushing UT. He has been playing DE in the 3-4 for two years now

Lol yep. People even thought he was the NT.

I'm pretty sure he was the nose tackle the year they won the Super Bowl, which is why people still think of him as a nose tackle. That being said, the fact that people think raji wouldn't be an upgrade to the falcons d-line is absurd. I don't think he's worth $8 million a year, but better than peters/babs? Definitely. Everyone must have already forgotten how bad our defensive line was this year.

I feel like he's that ticked off black guy on all of those community college commercials. "Why are you still sitting there? Get off your lazy butt, pick up the phone, and call us today!" Only with him it's "you actually think this guy is a good player? Whatever man! I'm going to tell you why you're all stupid".

That guy is really angry too. That commercial cracks me up. Kind of like Samuel L. Say WHAT one more time motherf#&!^r!! Say Raji! I dare you!

Okay okay.. To those who didn't get it.. the thing about DeCoud was a joke.. But seriously Raji is terrible? I don't see him as an upgrade to any on our roster, he is not a good pass rusher, nor does he have the strenght to make to pocket collapse ...

I disagree wholeheartedly guys.

Similar to Glenn Dorsey in Kansas City, Raji is being misused as a 3-4 DE holding up linemen so Clay Matthews can fly around and have a clean line on the QB. It's a total waste of Raji's ability to get upfield --- and why he is leaving and badly wants to sign with a 4-3 team.

He is going to have to sign for much less than his talent is worth -- similar to Cliff Avril's small 2 year deal and Avril as coming off a much more impressive season than Raji is. I would love to be the team to get BJ Raji on the cheap for a few seasons and let him get upfield in our 4-3. He can also hold the point if we flex to a 3-4 --- we currently have no DTs who could successfully hold up OL for LBs to fly around and make plays.

You can't compare stats guys. Raji has been asked to just hold up OL so AJ Hawk, Clay Mathews, etc can make the plays. No DLinemen in Green Bay have good stats -- it's the scheme.

I disagree wholeheartedly guys.

Similar to Glenn Dorsey in Kansas City, Raji is being misused as a 3-4 DE holding up linemen so Clay Matthews can fly around and have a clean line on the QB. It's a total waste of Raji's ability to get upfield --- and why he is leaving and badly wants to sign with a 4-3 team.

He is going to have to sign for much less than his talent is worth -- similar to Cliff Avril's small 2 year deal and Avril as coming off a much more impressive season than Raji is. I would love to be the team to get BJ Raji on the cheap for a few seasons and let him get upfield in our 4-3. He can also hold the point if we flex to a 3-4 --- we currently have no DTs who could successfully hold up OL for LBs to fly around and make plays.

You can't compare stats guys. Raji has been asked to just hold up OL so AJ Hawk, Clay Mathews, etc can make the plays. No DLinemen in Green Bay have good stats -- it's the scheme.

Raji as a 5 tec would be a monster